Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Catmechanic

1. C

Replacement OEM wheel lock key

I rotated my tires this morning and my dumb ass left the key for the wheel locks on top of the bed cover, where it decided to jump ship somewhere along my post rotation test drive. I've re-driven my route with no luck. I called the local stealership and was told they cannot order just the key...
  2. C

Blend door problem, calibration?

@Jimmy07 would you have any insight to my last? from 2/3
  3. C

@Jimmy07 I ran through all modules this morning. The only faults are the u0212 connection to the SCM in the ABS module, and the b11cb blend door in the HVAC module. I tried to clear both, but neither would clear. AlfaOBD asks if I want to clear the code and to make sure the engine is off and...
  4. C

Pics of 37's on stock wheels

2.5" level
  5. C

Any thoughts on if the tire size/tpms change processes could be a factor in the communication faults if I didn't get something correct @Jimmy07 ?
  6. C

@Jimmy07 I checked today and I do not have any faults in the BCM. I changed tire size back before Christmas (no MIL on the dash and procedure went fine). Out of curiosity I checked the ABS module and it shows a "U0212 lost communication with steering column module" fault. Is it possible that...
  7. C

Pics of 37's on stock wheels

Stock longhorn 20s with Falken AT3w in 37x12.5-20. 2" Bora spacers  
  8. C

Another update: Daughter had a soccer tournament 4 hours away this past weekend. On the trip out, everything worked fine, had the vent blowing on 2, and the temp set about 4 notches up from full cold just to circulate some air. Sunday was rainy and cold so the wife adjusted the temperature to...
  9. C

Wheel spacer width

Whether it rubs the radius arm/sway bar or not has nothing to do with lift height. It's purely a function of the combination of 3 things: offset/backspace, actual tire size/design, and turning radius of the truck.
  10. C

New update. The calibration did not hold. I drove the truck today and it started out OK, but after about 10-15 minutes the temperature blend began doing the same thing again. Temperature control all the way cool and vents blowing scalding hot. I'm at a loss.
  11. C

Mine is a bighorn with the 8.4" display, non-climate control
  12. C

Sorry it took me a little bit, I had to make an emergency trip overseas for a few days for work and just got back yesterday. The new dongle (thank you for the heads up on the alternate @Jimmy07 ) came while I was away, so this morning I used it and was able to connect to the HVAC module and...
  13. C

Thanks for that info Jimmy. I was able to cancel my order through Amazon and pick up the MC+ instead. I'll try the calibration Friday when the new dongle arrives. I appreciate your help, as always.
  14. C

Ah, thank you. I was misunderstanding what the error was telling me. I'm using an older Kiwi PLX so I'll order an MX+ and retry.
  15. C

@Jimmy07 I tried using AlfaOBD this morning but I cannot connect to the HVAC computer. I attached the error message in a pic. I'm using the Kaodtech bypass, and there are no wires on pin 3 & 11 on the female end that goes to the vehicle OBD port. The male end where my reader connects does have...