Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Buckrub

1. Buckrub

" No Nodal" NAV message

Hmm. It does great, does its job. Just has this message.
  2. Buckrub

" No Nodal" NAV message

Well, thanks! Makes sense! But sorta makes me wonder "why". I can turn on my GPS Essentials app on my phone and it'll say it is hitting 13 satellites, and this thing still says NO NODAL. Gotta be a weakness of the unit, right? I guess Tom Tom was a lot cheaper than Garmin, eh?
  3. Buckrub

" No Nodal" NAV message

OK, I'm revisiting this. I am still getting this message on the display when using NAV. It gives an oral message about navigation then says "NO NODAL", plain as day. Woman's voice. I have tried in vain to go to Tom Tom website and contact support. I've created an account, logged in, and any...
  4. Buckrub

Please Post Payload Sticker from Driver's Door Jamb.

2023 Ram 3500 DRW, HO, Aisin, 2WD. Pulling 16,600 lb 5th wheel. TrailerSaver BD5D hitch, pulls like a breeze. 100X easier to pull than my old 2016 GMC Allison Denali.
  5. Buckrub

" No Nodal" NAV message

Oh, yeah. Well, since it's random and since I don't use NAV unless on a 'trip', it would be impossible to get. It's the same woman's voice that gives upcoming turn directions. Is there some RAM Corporate "Question Box" site somewhere? It's more than odd that I'm the only swinging yahoo with...
  6. Buckrub

" No Nodal" NAV message

Asked this before somewhere......but never got an answer. Can not find any reference to it via search of here or anywhere. NAV system (which is good) on seemingly odd times will say (voice activated) "NO NODAL". It's usually after it has spoken some kind of Nav turn commands. But it doesn't...
  7. Buckrub

Anderson WDH w a 38' TT? Edit: Bumper Pull

Are we talking bumper pull or 5th wheel? I have lots of friends with 5th wheels of 40, 41, 42 feet that have Andersens, and have had for several years. They seem to like them. One guy has had the red plastic cup thing fall apart but it turned out to not have anything to do with functionality...
  8. Buckrub

Anderson WDH w a 38' TT? Edit: Bumper Pull

Many of my camping buddies have the Anderson for their 5th wheels. I have zero interest in it. Their claim is "It is easy to remove from the bed", as if that is why I buy a 5th wheel hitch. GMC I had for 7 years had a B&W and it was great. But when I traded it in, the hitch went with it. So...
  9. Buckrub

Navigation audible instructions

OK, I'll try. But it's random almost, and 'sudden'. One guy I talked to seems to think it's saying "NO NODAL".........which he THINKS might mean that the truck doesn't have NAV connections via Cellular so that it would get Real Time Traffic updates. The GPS will give turn-by-turn instructions...
  10. Buckrub

3500 continuous, rhythmic bounce on concrete highway

Albuquerque, Flagstaff, somewhere in there........Arizona I-40 people apparently gave up fixing that road and put up a big permanent sign.........it's been a couple of years, but my memory (old and bad) says that the sign read something along the lines of "Interstate Road Bad next 40 Miles" or...
  11. Buckrub

TPMS is way off

I have not had 9 lbs difference, but there is a difference. Also, the truck's built in TPMS takes a while to 'calibrate' or change. But I love it.....the GMC 3500 that mine just replaced didn't have it built in, had to get a TST 507 system. It's a nice feature on a DRW 3500 for sure.
  12. Buckrub

3500 continuous, rhythmic bounce on concrete highway

New to the thread, skipping over most.....but having pulled a 16,500 lb camper all over America, there are roads all over the place that do this. The worst I've found is a 12 mile stretch of I-55 north of Memphis in N.E. Arkansas around Blytheville. First time I hit it, I assumed I had a flat...
  13. Buckrub

I found that one. What I can't figure out is why when it is giving audible directions, after giving them (about half the time) it says, outloud "NO NOBLE". Makes no sense.
  14. Buckrub

First, how do I turn OFF the audible instructions on the Navigation part of the screen? I like the built in Nav, that's great. But the talking bothers me. I found 3 settings and chose the one that doesn't have audible in it. I also have muted the radio portion on the MUTE button. Still it...
  15. Buckrub

Please Post Payload Sticker from Driver's Door Jamb.

Took back 4 down to 45, front to 60, made a world of difference. Slight vibration somewhere, but ok.