Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Brad460

1. B

Cummins or hemi hd

If your business and customers depend on you via your truck, the Hemi is probably your safe bet..Most companies have moved to gas for the reliability (versus newer diesels). All too often diesels go into limp mode at the worst time (when your customer needs you). It’s not uncommon to see a...
  2. B

Expected MPG: 6.4/3.73

You could be getting 9 if you had a diesel..
  3. B

Wildpeak AT4 tires- 2022 Ram 2500

Got the truck out on the hwy this past weekend and ran it up to 80ish. I really dont notice any extra tire noise over the stock tires. If anything just the slightest bit more tire noise if I focused in on it. MPG -wise I usually get between 14-15 mpg with my driving (rural mixed with some city)...
  4. B

I only have a few days of driving time on them and haven’t been out of the hwy yet. Up to 65 mph they are very quiet- I am not noticing any road noise at all. One immediate thing I noticed was that compared to the Transforce OEM tires they are a bit more “bouncy” , but along with that they do...
  5. B

I went back and forth for months trying to decide on a tire size- OEM Vs. bigger. In general I am not a fan of bigger tires, but also don’t like the look of OEM tires (look to small). The all terrains in the OEM size I think look just right.. I may be adding a Thuren 2” leveling kit yet, but we...
  6. B

Here is a before after (not taken on the same day)..
  7. B

Just had some Wildpeak AT4 tires put on my truck. Size is 285/60/20 which is the OEM size. Stock height (no leveling kit). Posting for folks to see when deciding tire sizes..
  8. B

Extended warranty is it worth it?

I worked as a warranty manager at my current company many years ago- We loved selling extended warranties. Big money makers for the business. Majority of failures occur during the initial operation of a mechanical product (car, truck, skid steer, etc) which are always covered by the standard...
  9. B

Towing with new 6.4L

Ok Fire Marshall Bill…..you are more likely a Bud man than him..
  10. B

Lets see what you are towing!

What size tires? Looks like bf all terrains
  11. B

Lets see what you are towing!

I’ve made that similar drive a couple times from WI to AK and back. Quite the drive! The first time we drove straight through, only stopping for fuel and food. 3 day trip. Here we are right outside Haines Junction..
  12. B

Reliability as daily driver?

Curious, if you don’t tow or haul anything, what are the benefits of a diesel?
  13. B

Reliability as daily driver?

I went back and forth for months trying to decide between a gas and diesel 2500..I drove both a few times. Talked with my friend (owns the Dodge dealer) and decided to go with the gas. The most I tow is 7000. Truck is a daily driver like you are doing..Cost was irrelevant.. My buddy who owns the...
  14. B

Expected MPG: 6.4/3.73

I did a 60 mile round trip ONLY hwy driving at about 70 mph and got 20+ (unloaded)…
  15. B

Towing with new 6.4L

The main thing I have noticed with my ‘22 2500 6.4 versus my ‘19 1500 5.7 is that - The 6.4 fuel economy is not effected nearly as much when towing as my 1500. For example, towing a simple two place snowmobile trailer would knock my 1500 down to ~10 mpg whereas the 6.4 was down to ~12 mpg...