Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Bigfoot63301

1. Bigfoot63301

service air suspension

Finally got the rest of the pictures from the service guy. This one shows how the harness was pinched between the frame and the body. (This is shown with the air tank removed) Hope this helps someone else who has the same issue.
  2. Bigfoot63301

service air suspension

It was on the right side frame (underneath the front passenger seat) Mine would go off any time I had a passenger ride shotgun. If no passenger I could do a hard and fast left turn and it would set off the alarm. They routed the harness on top of the frame member instead of along the side. There...
  3. Bigfoot63301

service air suspension

3 years (to the month!) and 11 service calls later the dealer finally found the issue while replacing the chassis harness. During manufacture they routed the harness over a bolt head and then held it down with a clamp. It wasn't routed correctly because there was a vacant hole where a plastic...
  4. Bigfoot63301

service air suspension

Sooo....5 months go by and we still have the issue. (Still driving with Fuse 50 pulled) Took it in for the Intake Air Grid Heater Relay recall and chewed them out for not doing anything to fix the air suspension problem. After they talked to the area rep they wanted the truck back for more...
  5. Bigfoot63301

service air suspension

If you pull fuse 50 that will stop the constant "dinging" from the alarm. You'll still get the alarm message but only on startup then it goes away but you will get a quit ride. (the service tech showed me this) You will lose the backup lines if you have the rear camera though but otherwise the...
  6. Bigfoot63301

service air suspension

Sorry for the late update but the dealer had some delay issues. On March 8th they replaced connectors XY220A and XY403A. I tried to tell them that I doubt that would work since a "short" is more than likely on any one of the 1000 wires in the truck. But that's what the "experts back east" told...
  7. Bigfoot63301

service air suspension

So the update after the meeting is that the service tech (20 years experience) has no clue as to why this keeps happening. The codes that keep repeating are "short to ground" and "short to battery." They are going to call RAM to get authorization to replace all the connectors on the harness...
  8. Bigfoot63301

service air suspension

That's exactly what I want to find out. What's left of the entire system to replace? I will say the dealer is nice about the whole thing ( ordered the truck from them) and I've been patient but I need the system to be 100% reliable.
  9. Bigfoot63301

service air suspension

Just found this forum after a search on "Service Air Suspension System" in preparation for a meeting with my local RAM service department 31OCT22. They've been working on this for 7 months on my 21 3500. In March they cleared the codes - the problem came back. In May they cleared the codes -...