Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by BGaero

1. BGaero

Towing with new 6.4L

Same, 3.73, Indiana to Florida 12,500 lbs, 7.5 average, 60-65 mph, very light winds. I run 87 octane and Lucas fuel additive. The number one mileage killer is the type of trailer and wind. It don’t take much headwind to knock off 1-2 mpg. Travel trailers are worse than fifth wheels and this park...
  2. BGaero

New Grand Design 324MBS too much for 2500?

So if I’m pulling a trailer it’s manufacturer combined vehicle weight rating then? I see a lot of post but no one has given a specific “here it is”. I’m just curious where the pin weight = cargo capacity when you’re in the combined vehicle weight category.
  3. BGaero

Towing with new 6.4L

Absolutely not. I can get 20+ hand calculated all day long on the hwy. anything other than hwy it’s way less. I thought the same till I slowed down.
  4. BGaero

I’m curious what rule/regulation/law folks are referencing if your pin weight exceeds cargo capacity as long as you don’t exceed rear axle weight.
  5. BGaero

What did you decide on the RV? I haul w a 6.4 3.73. It’ll do it, it works in the hills but the motor has to actually work.
  6. BGaero

Towing with new 6.4L

Pretty much 65 everywhere. Since gas is so high I slowed to 65 unloaded and I’m getting 20-22 mpg on the hwy.
  7. BGaero

Towing with new 6.4L

2019 6.4, 3.73’s, 1100 mi, 8 mpg, 39’, 11400lbs.
  8. BGaero

Towing with new 6.4L

‘19, 2500, 6.4, 3.73’s. I have a 12k 5th wheel, pulls it fine but mountains out west might be a slow go.
  9. BGaero

Distance to Empty, 2019 6.4?

When you fuel whatever you were getting just gets calculated I just reset at fuel ups if I’m in the mood. My fuel comp is wrong every time. If it says 17 you can bet when you gas up it will calculate to 15.8-16 sooo I just assume it’s 1 gal less. As far as octane It recommends 89 but you can use...
  10. BGaero

Lets see what you are towing!

I want the Anderson but I am just having a hard time convincing myself it’ll hold up in an accident.
  11. BGaero

Airbags

They work like they’re supposed to. You realize not everyone here is a rookie?
  12. BGaero

Payload capacity/tow question

I tow about 13k. But I’m not heading to the mountains for sure, just a Florida flatlander. You get to stop at a lot of gas stations to stretch your legs.
  13. BGaero

Airbags

I just installed the Airlift 5000 Ultimate (stainless braided lines) last weekend. ‘19 2500 shortbed. I opted not to use the license plate bolt option because the I way routed the lines it wouldn’t reach. From the bag into the frame, out the back of the frame and to the plastic piece bottom of...
  14. BGaero

Towing with new 6.4L

I currently have a 3500 Cummins and have decided to get a 6.4 in addition for personal and work when I need it. Not a lot of options out there for 4.10 but I think the 3.73 will do just fine. Thanks !
  15. BGaero

Towing with new 6.4L

What axle ratio do you have in that beast?