Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by bazinga99

1. bazinga99

5th Wheel Towing - SRW vs. DRW

Thanks for the feedback so far. The 2528 pin weight is what is listed from manufacturer. So yeah will go with the 20-22% rule on pin weight. My wife said can't scale back the 5th wheel she wants so dually will probably be the way to go.
  2. bazinga99

5th Wheel Towing - SRW vs. DRW

I'm not new to this site but new to 5th wheel world. My sig is outdated as I no longer have that specific truck. Looking to buy a new 5th wheel camper and truck to pull with. I know I need/want a 3500 cummins HO but looking for opinions on SRW vs. DRW. Specs for the 5th wheel are ... 42...
  3. bazinga99

2023 RAM 2500 HD

That and I don't like the hump in front passenger floor either. I'm 6'2" and can't comfortably put my feet on the floor. Only ride there when the wife has to drive me home. Also, can't say it enough but need the 1/2 ton cab size.
  4. bazinga99

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

It is definitely a sight to see. Stopped off the Sparta exit on I71 to refill and had to drive by. Wife took a video and it is a sea of Fords. Across the street at the speedway main lot is packed with 53' trailers as well.
  5. bazinga99

How do you transport your dogs

I'm guessing your dog's name is Moose? We have a chocolate lab named Moose who doesn't quite know how big he really is.
  6. bazinga99

delete

MSRP for my 2020 Tradesman was almost $64K with towing tech, safety group, and HO plus other options. Some people think I have leather and don't realize seats are vinyl.
  7. bazinga99

Winter pictures

Most snowfall we've had in the last 10 years in KY just south of Cincinnati. Last 2 days temps now in 40s and 50s with most of the snow melting now. My 3 year old enjoys kicking the icicles off of my truck.
  8. bazinga99

Discussion of what made you choose Ram

The MC wasn’t an option for me in the Tradesman unfortunately. I sat in a MC but didn’t feel like I got more legroom up front. Still love my truck and believe it’s a superior product.
  9. bazinga99

Discussion of what made you choose Ram

Back in the day had a Ford 7.3 Powerstroke and loved that truck. Always had an eye for Ford but Ram has grown on me so much the last few years and absolutely love my 2020 RAM HO. Buddy of mine is going from an '18 Cummins to '21 Ford Powerstroke and the cab is just huge. When the RAM HD cab...
  10. bazinga99

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Received truck end of September 2020. So far have only completed exterior upgrades - AMP step bars - Truxedo cover - Tinted front windows and visor strip The more I see pictures of my truck I want to upgrade the wheels and tires
  11. bazinga99

2018 Ram w/Ram Box - Cap

Looking for success stories of Ram owners who have a ram box with 6'4" bed and what cap model you purchased. Have a friend who is exploring Leer and ARE as options but no distributors locally will give specific dimensions for the cap. Plan is to install lift system but is immaterial for the...
  12. bazinga99

Age Poll

Xennial ... born in '82. My first phone was a Nokia senior year of HS. Tech wasn't a big thing growing up for me but now I have a career in IT. My kids will be getting their first phone this Christmas (age 9 and 10) because they have everything else.
  13. bazinga99

Installed AMP power steps on Saturday. Installation guide said 3-5 hours but between lunch and bourbon it took us 9 hours. These really tuck up nicely under the body and almost can't tell they're on the truck. Overall pretty happy with them.
  14. bazinga99

Anone read the article "What Separates The 2021 Ram Heavy Duty Trim Levels?"

You're right on the order part. I lucked out searching Autotrader for a couple of weeks and found a HO 3500 with towing tech, safety group, and other options. I tell people it's a loaded Tradesman and absolutely wanted the vinyl seats and floor because of my kids.
  15. bazinga99

Nice. That is my plan in about 20K miles.