Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by bamnq6

1. B

Sumo Bump Stops

I've got a set of the blacks from Thuren on the front of my PW. I haven't really noticed an appreciable change in ride quality on the street. Maybe there a bit of a noticeable response change when crossing larger bumps at highway speed. The Sumo have a far longer engagement than the OEMs. I...
  2. B

Sagging underhood insulation??

Hello all- My underhood insulation isn't well retained near the rear portion of the hood (at the cowl interface). Particularly, the 'tabs' that hold the insulation up under the hood near the cowl aren't stout enough to hold the insulation in place (up against the hood). So, my hood insulation...
  3. B

SumoSprings: Front Bumpstops replacements from Thuren

Thanks for all the details! Hopefully the rain knocks off this evening and I can get back under there and wrap up the install. Good notes H3LZSN1P3R, I wasn't accounting for the arc of axle travel in my fears of contact Your assistance is appreciated!!
  4. B

Suspension is all factory Power Wagon parts at this time-
  5. B

Hello all- Over the weekend I started to replace my OEM from Rubber Bumpstops with SumoSprings from Thuren. During my last desert roaming adventure I whacked the front bumps hard rolling down a two track at about 20. It seemed prudent to me to go from the hard rubber to the progressive urethane...
  6. B

TPMS in aftermarket wheels & tires

I'd rather not pay the extra cash for dismount, remount, and valve stems of the Original factory stuff. There's also a risk that the OEM wheels and 33's might go back on for a Xcountry towing venture later this year. Finally, I'm ~2.5 years into the TPMS battery life so it seems logical for me...
  7. B

TPMS in aftermarket wheels & tires

Good morning all- I did a bit of searching this AM, but really only found details for TTPMS... I should be receiving my new Method 704 HDs later this week, I've got a line on a new set of 37' Toyos (wahoo!). I'm trying to get all the other bits and bobs squared away. I've got aftermarket...
  8. B

NO POLITICS --- Gas /fuel price in your area?

I paid $5.69 for midgrade at the cheapest "local" station here in Los Angeles yesterday. The station nearest my home had midgrade at $6.71 when I went past on my way to the office this AM. The PW is slumbering while I drive the fuel efficient Mustang. I'll take 15 mpg city over 11 mpg city...
  9. B

AAM 11.5 - Diff Covers

I'm not looking to purchase the AEV cover, I'm looking to replace this cover with a 'Stock' item. I'm an engineer by trade and I'm working with a local fabricator to come up with a skid for the rear diff on these trucks... but it's probably 6-10 months out (we travel a LOT for work). I'd like to...
  10. B

AAM 11.5 - Diff Covers

Hello all- I hit Last Chance Canyon two weekends ago, beautiful trail with some rather gnarly sections. I was very happy that my mostly stock PW had no problem hanging with my buddy's Rubicons... but I spent a lot of time with the diffs sitting on boulders. Super happy I had the White Knuckle...
  11. B

CA Sales

Hello guys, I think I'm a little late to this party. Covid was a massive player in my experience ... It took 5 months for me to get my plates (Aug 20 purchase, plates in Feb 21). I needed to execute the Vin Verification, weight at certified scale, and smog check. I highly recommend you...
  12. B

Touch up paint on two tone Power Wagon?

Hello all- I've got a flame red 2020 Power wagon, and I knocked some paint off the door entry sill area. Anyone know what the paint code is for the lower, black portion of these trucks? Thanks!
  13. B

2020 Power Wagon - Dash Rattle?

Good morning all- I've had my 2020 Power Wagon for about 8 months now. We're sitting at 5500 miles. Just last weekend, my truck developed a dash rattle... a tak tak noise over bumps and when I accelerate away from a stop. It sounds like it's coming from the top of the dash near the windshield...
  14. B

Truck Covers?

Hello all- Unfortunately my Power Wagon lives outside. Los Angeles isn't the worst place to park outdoors, but it isn't great either. I'd like to keep wild fire ash and pollution off my new paint :) I've been using pricey California Car Cover Stormweave covers for the last 3 years on the other...
  15. B

Foaming wash?

Hello everyone. I've pretty thorough in my paint care procedures... After 15 years my explorer was still shiny. I use a Gilmore Foam Master (AMAZON LINK) with Chemical Bros Mr Pink Soap. The purpose of the foam is to act as a lubricant when we're 'scrubbing' with a microfiber mit. I highly...