Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Badunit

1. B

2019 Ram 2500 6.4 squeal at start up / Chirping Noise - merged threads

I honestly can't believe the engineers at FCA/Stellantis have not fixed this problem in the NINE YEARS it has been happening. My 2014 made this noise. They have ignored it completely. I seriously considered buy a Power Wagon a few years ago but I hated that noise so much on my 2014 I didn't want...
  2. B

hobbyhorsing issue in my power wagon

My 2015 2500 with the Cummins weighs 8000# empty. The Cummins adds about 1000# to the base weight so the PW would be closer to 7000#. By my calculations, 9500 - 7000 = 2500 lb of payload on that PW. Isn't the payload capacity around 1400 lb, meaning it is overloaded by 1000 lb? That would...
  3. B

wobbly power wagon...

Here is a great write up on installing airbags on a Power Wagon: https://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4732&hilit=airlifter+5000+ultimate If he does this, don't go the easy route with the airlines for both bags connected together and one inflation point for both bags. They...
  4. B

The only time the belt on my Cummins squealed was when they replaced the water pump and it got soaked in coolant. I've had it 6 years. I had my prior one for 11 years and it never squealed.
  5. B

I am just surprised no one has figured it out yet after at least 7 years of it being a problem; not Ram, no repair shops, no backyard mechanics, no one. Can it really be that hard to figure out?
  6. B

Stiff Brake Pedal on My '21 3500

Maybe putting pads that are claimed to be 30% more effective in stopping power on just the front end was not the correct choice. It doesn't explain the squeal but it probably increased the percentage of braking done by the front brakes alone.
  7. B

No squeal. There is dust, as with all pads, but I have nothing to compare them to to say they are more or less than OEM.The dust is not horrendous. I have the GreenStuff pads but they have OrangeStuff Extra-Duty pads now that are supposed to be even better. I do not know if the part numbers...
  8. B

What is the ride like of a 2500 vs 1500?

The ride softness of 18" vs 20" wheels is noticeable but not earth shattering. Running the correct air pressure is the biggest factor.
  9. B

I installed EBC pads and it was a night and day difference. The braking effort feels "normal" now. My OEM pads had maybe 10K miles on them but it was worth it to switch them out anyway.
  10. B

Molten Orange 2021 Ram 2500 Power Wagons Are Now Arriving At Dealers:

I like the retro-look grille. It goes great with the also-retro olive green paint. Molten orange is a wild color, certainly a head turner. Unfortunately that is one reason to not get it, just like with bright red sports cars.
  11. B

Unpopular Opinion: Power Wagons Are 1/2-Ton Trucks

The payload of a PW is roughly as high as 1500 lb. 1500 lb = 3/4 of 2000 lb = 3/4 of a ton = a 3/4 ton truck. So, by simple math they are 3/4 ton trucks.
  12. B

Less than thrilled with my 2021 Laramie 2500

Even with torque management my 2015 is quicker to speed than my 2003 5.9L was. I can attribute some of it to me rowing through the gears slowly and deliberately in my 2003 vs the 2015's automatic quicker shifts but I had to keep it floored to get to the same speed my 2015 effortlessly obtains in...
  13. B

FAILURE OF 8.4 SYSTEM: I TRADED A REBEL 2017 THIS PAST FRIDAY FOR A 2019 POWER WAGON..

Might want to check your caps lock key. Seems to be stuck. It appears that there are a lot of parts shortages these days. It isn't just Ram. If you read forums for other brands you will see posts about unavailable parts, usually for systems that have a common failure mode. It seems to be...
  14. B

The 6.4 Hemi, 4.10, and the ZF 8 speed appear to be a pretty good combo. I test drove a Power Wagon like that and it felt good. MPG was worse than I was thinking it would be on the 80mph highway test (10mpg) but it shifted when it was supposed to, unlike with the older 6 speed. It is still a...
  15. B

I hear ya, too. We have some common complaints. Diesels don't make the great mpg they used to. Partly it is because they are heavier from all the extra features and doodads. Partly it is because of the race to be "best in class" in hp and torque. Partly it is because of the emissions controls...