Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by AZOILBURNER

1. AZOILBURNER

Dead 2022 3500 Help, RAM says they've never seen this issue!

Will do! Thanks for the tip!
  2. AZOILBURNER

Makes me think of Billy Madison… back to school, back to school!
  3. AZOILBURNER

I figured I'd post this up here, just in case anyone else has the "dead truck" issue like I had. The worst part is the last line, in the closing comments, the tech essentially calls me a liar and says (based on literally no information) that my truck did not shut down while driving. It did, and...
  4. AZOILBURNER

Agreed. I'd love to see some data on how much it costs the manufacturer in warranty costs to have shoddy MX departments just throw parts at things, and then how that cost correlates to effects on our bottom line. Other than the starter, I'm still no closer to understanding the stall. All I can...
  5. AZOILBURNER

We'll find out. Just got back in town, so headed to the dealer now. From the little detail I've received, the truck now has a new BCM, PDC, and starter, and maybe a new grid heater relay. Will be interesting to read through the MX notes.
  6. AZOILBURNER

***UPDATE*** Got a call from the dealer today. They decided to replace the starter. By all accounts the truck will be back on the road tomorrow, after 40 days. MTF when I get the itemized MAFs.
  7. AZOILBURNER

Also got some clarification on this. It is absolutely doable, however there are boxes to check and hoops to jump through on the Ram Care side before they can go full dealer change mode. Personally, I think we're well past proving the dealers inability to deliver. I think the learning point here...
  8. AZOILBURNER

Gotta keep those good vibes flowin!
  9. AZOILBURNER

On a positive note, found out today that there are parts/resolution available for the grid heater recall.
  10. AZOILBURNER

So, RamCare seems pretty engaged with the issue, but reports that they’re having just as much trouble getting response from the dealer as I am. I spent about 10mins googling potential issues with the PDC, and came up with half a dozen potential easy fixes (checking relays, lugs, etc) that seem...
  11. AZOILBURNER

Especially since they’ve had 36 days worth of “testing” afforded to them. I can’t help but shake my head that they think this is ok. Someone mentioned earlier that these service managers might get paid on commission? It would make sense that they drag these things out and just throw parts at...
  12. AZOILBURNER

I received a case number the other day, but have so far not been able to make contact with my case manager. The only response I get is from the person (“Callie”) who monitors the thread. @RamCares
  13. AZOILBURNER

Agreed. I can’t help but wonder if they’re charging the warranty service by the day and just dragging this out.
  14. AZOILBURNER

Hi Jay, Thanks for the insight. Because of the great delivery checklist I found over on the order tracker thread, that was one of the first things I checked on my pre delivery inspection. Every single fuse was barely seated, and found a few that were wobbling in their slot about to disconnect.