Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Autobroker

1. A

Any Toyota volume/discount dealers out there?

Normally, you're 100% correct. Never pay MSRP unless it's a very rare car. Today, things are very different. I've been in the business for 20 years, so I know a lot about this industry. New cars are in short supply - one of my Toyota guys told me that he had 2 brand new cars on the lot. I...
  2. A

Price negotiated from MSRP

One other thing. Your state allows a much higher doc fee and there's a $700 addition without a description - not sure what it's for. Our doc fee is $85, so some of the "below invoice" savings gets eaten up by fees. Still, you got a great price on your truck! Congratulations!
  3. A

Thanks for sending the info. I didn't think it was possible, so I pulled my file. My truck was ordered on 12/6/21 and arrived 2/7/22. The dealer sold me the truck for below invoice - I didn't know it until I just looked at the docs. Here's another oddity. The invoice price at the time of...
  4. A

Please post a purchase order for 5% below invoice plus tax and license.
  5. A

What??? How can you say this? Please let me know where you can get Corolla's for less than MSRP. Not a guess, but someone who is actually going to sell the car for less than MSRP and they're not going to add unwanted junk like paint protection, Phantom Footprints, CARR alarms, etc.
  6. A

Where did she get the car from? MSRP is really good.
  7. A

Slamming Hyundai! Terrible

I was just thinking of something. If a motor is over bored, how did it pass a smog test? Compression must've been too low in that cylinder, right? Funny, because my client with the Kia Sorrento has the 2.4L motor and cylinder #4 has 20 psi compression. Way below 140 ish normal psi. Kia...
  8. A

Go to the website carcomplaints.com. Search the US built Hyundai Sonata's, 2010 and on. 2011 has over 900 NHTSA complaints on the motor. I checked Ram and the 2500 doesn't have that many complaints combined for all the years they were produced. Yes, the old Dodge Grand Caravan, Durango...
  9. A

Back around 1982, we owned a 1978 Buick Century wagon. It had the new even fire crank. The motor went out at around 53K miles. We brought the car back to Buick and they rebuilt the motor for us. They charged us for parts and they paid the labor. Very fair, since the car was out of warranty...
  10. A

I also remember Nissan not only honoring their warranty, but also they would pay for part of the CVT tranny repair. I think it was around $2K the dealer would charge. My mechanic told me there's no way he could do it for that amount. So at least Nissan was being fair about things.
  11. A

The last time I saw such a large number of complaints against a manufacturer in such a small amount of time was with Nissan and their CVT. Other than that, I haven't seen so many complaints in such a short time. Please remember that I'm in the business. I help people get every make of car...
  12. A

Love my 2500 HD

Thanks Red!
  13. A

Love my 2500 HD

Thanks Tri J!
  14. A

I'm in the business and manufacturers invoice the cars at the time of build, not when it was ordered. When my truck was ordered, the MSRP was $68,155. When delivered the MSRP was $70,360. I have the sticker in front of me right now. I've ordered vehicles from almost every make - I've been...
  15. A

What did you do TO your RAM today?

I drove my 2022 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 Diesel Laramie to work today. What an amazing truck! I've driven the Ford F250 and Chevy/GMC 2500 and they drive like trucks. Harsh and the interiors feel cheap - you can tell where they cut corners. My Ram 2500 not only drives well (even with an empty bed)...