Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by AnywhereInTX

1. AnywhereInTX

Picked up my new Power Wagon!

Excellent way to introduce yourself to the brand. Great truck!
  2. AnywhereInTX

Diff covers...when too much info is bad sometimes

This is my rear purple cranium cover. Did both front and rear to match, they are stout. Adds enough heft without over doing it for what I need.
  3. AnywhereInTX

2019 Truck cap/topper/camper shell thread

Sorry I haven't been on the forum for a whole. For those asking about the RSI and the cargo camera, I asked a guy in social media who was in the 1st set of orders (already has it on his truck). I was curious because I wanted to use that camera to look at my dogs, along with the light to...
  4. AnywhereInTX

new owner

MY20, run a top quality 87 and have no issues. During a 2k mile road trip we switched between 87 and 89. Tried to drive the same every tank and between the two fuels there was only a 0.1 MPG difference (in favor of 89 if that makes a difference).
  5. AnywhereInTX

ARB Air Compressor

Nice placement. I have the boxes twin unit with tank and love it.
  6. AnywhereInTX

I think there are slight differences to the bed, but you hit the nail on the head for the bed-view camera option. I wanted to retain the ability to use the bed-view camera...hence why I'm waiting on the RSI.
  7. AnywhereInTX

Diff covers...when too much info is bad sometimes

Just ordered Purple Cranium front and rear. Would like to have the Carli...but OCD of mismatch parts kicked in.
  8. AnywhereInTX

6 speed vs 8 speed 6.4 Hemi

6 speed unit is a ticking timebomb. Even if mileage and performance were comparable, I'd still spend the extra on the 8 speed.
  9. AnywhereInTX

2021 Power Wagon

I like the two tone interior of the 75th models quite a bit. Not as dark inside as my 2020 PW.
  10. AnywhereInTX

I asked the same question. I was told by the dealer that they currently they do not in North America. Only matte black in the non commercial and white in the commercial. Their business model is to offer it in the future free of charge...you just have to wait the extra time it takes to make it.
  11. AnywhereInTX

Octane requirements for the 6.4 Hemi???

Use 87 for everyday driving. If I were to push the engine (can't think of a reason to be thrashing a PW off the redline), I'd try to get the mix to be around the 89. Biggest thing is no codes and modern ECMs will keep the engine safe.
  12. AnywhereInTX

Any news on a bigger gas engine?

The 7.3L is basically Ford's take at an GM LS. As long as the ECM can be hacked into, they will be easy to make power with H/C/I work, bolt-ons, and port injection. That is why many people wanted the 7.3L as a crate engine too. Drop in a forged rotating assembly and you will be rivaling LS7 builds.
  13. AnywhereInTX

I was waiting on them. I liked another company (RLD) but their topper didn't match up to the truck as well as I thought. Unfortunate part is the US distributor is waiting on another container ship with the next load of Ram 2500 SmartCaps. So, I'll have to wait until April/May for it to come in...
  14. AnywhereInTX

Any news on a bigger gas engine?

What I liked most about the 7.3L was that it was built like my LS3 lol. Like others said, if Stellantis needed to do anything it would be offer a variant without MDS for fleet sales or us few who favor reliability over fuel savings.
  15. AnywhereInTX

Death of Diesel

I'm interested to see how Ford (& rumored Toyota) do with their new batch of 1/2 ton hybrids. I really think pairing a twin turbo V6 with a real electric motor will yield a decent option over the half ton diesels. Won't be the same, but if those engines can eat 87 octane and not cost $4K+, then...