Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by AKDoug

1. AKDoug

2019 Ram 2500 6.7L P0299 Code

That's what I did. Not willing to delete with 50K to go on the warranty, crappy dealer, no good dealers in the state, etc..etc...
  2. AKDoug

I changed the CCV, I cleaned the EGR. The EGR is totally different than the previous 6.7's but really easy to get out, clean and inspect. No help. It then progressed to an EGR code as well. No fix from me dealer. Sold the truck back to them last month. Good luck.
  3. AKDoug

2019 CP4 recall and trade-in or sale to dealer

Ordered an F350 SRW chassis cab with 7.3 gas for my personal truck. Will get a 9' flatbed as I'm tired of tin can truck beds. Already purchased an F450 chassis cab with a 14' dump flatbed w/7.3 gas in October. The F450 has been an excellent truck and it's in daily use towing equipment and...
  4. AKDoug

2019 CP4 recall and trade-in or sale to dealer

Just an FYI.. I just sold my 2019 6.7HO back to the dealer due to the complete lack of customer service and incompetence of their service department. We'd made a deal before I drove 60 miles to drop it off, along with my wife bringing another vehicle to get me home. The deal almost came to a...
  5. AKDoug

DEF Shortage coming to USA?

Laughs in Ford 7.3 Gas...
  6. AKDoug

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

It just gets better. They sold my EGR to another job without even calling me. My wife took a day off work, as I did, to take the truck 60 miles for the supposed 3 hr job. No EGR and they have nowhere to get one. They didn't even really apologize or offer any sort of compensation. I can only...
  7. AKDoug

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Sweet. The recall shows up on my mopar page. Now that I'm getting the EGR I've been waiting 4 months for, I have more ammo to try and get the dealership to buy the truck from me. They've been begging people to sell vehicles to them and they are going to get their wish on this one if they offer...
  8. AKDoug

New member - P0299 turbo underboost

Update.. I pulled the EGR back in July. Clean as a whistle and totally different than previous generation EGR's. I basically haven't been able to tow over 5K since April without the trucking getting stuck only making 11 lbs of boost. I've been driving my '06 Duramax for towing duties since...
  9. AKDoug

Third trip to the dealer for the P0299 and the other codes. Now they say it's the EGR and they need to replace it. Of course it's on 100 day back order. They're letting me have the truck back so I'm going to pull the EGR and clean it once my gasket kit gets here. I'm not the least bit happy and...
  10. AKDoug

New member - P0299 turbo underboost

We've got a four page thread on this already. https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/2019-ram-2500-6-7l-p0299-code.2164/ I've got the same issue that started at 43,000 miles and it is on its third trip to the shop. The new verdict is that it needs a new EGR valve, but they are on back...
  11. AKDoug

My thoughts as well. Two weeks before they can see my truck and I doubt they will fix it correctly. We'll see. It doesn't really affect drivability when empty, but I can't tow a trailer with it right now.
  12. AKDoug

The truck got worse after they "fixed it".. now have P0299, P0401, and P2281 codes.. ughh..
  13. AKDoug

Why I will always have my moose ears on my truck...

Boost auto Chevy style mirrors for the win. You get a properly orientated mirror without have to have the dumb Ram mirrors tipped out.
  14. AKDoug

If I had any confidence that the CP4 will survive to 100K, exhaust parts would have fallen off already. I don't want to be on the hook for a fuel system because I've voided the warranty. I don't like the truck enough to pay for a CP3 kit and a weight loss program. I'll get rid of it before that.
  15. AKDoug

I’m well aware of that, but the expense and the loss of warranty on this overpriced paperweight just isn’t worth it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk