Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by 2022Ram67

1. 2

Dual Alternators

I just found my second plug for second alternator. It’s about 6 inches below that one you found. It’sLee of a square plug and it’s 2 wires only. It’s electrically taped to a line. I just ordered a bracket for alternator, new positive 1 foot long oem cable that goes from second alternator to...
  2. 2

2017 C.H.O. minimal def usage Q's

Oh yea. I see a curb, rock, bolder I park on it. Notice front wheel too lol. If I can’t find either I find a small tree and park on it. (My previous truck in pic)
  3. 2

That’s awesome! Yea, great point on healthy looking rig. I’m in Texas. I’ll have to check out what I can tow. I can’t have Colorado outdo Texas! Our motto here is “everything is bigger in Texas” shoot, now I have to go buy a boat. And a cannon to tow behind it! On a side note, check out the bed...
  4. 2

NO freaking way! you have boat attached to your camper???? is that even legal? You must have CDL. My fifthwheel has a hitch but i just have a generator on attached to it. damn man
  5. 2

Well ****, this was drive to Florida from Texas. It was hot. I was towing 68mph in 5th gear and it was hot! So far no issues. 77k on clock. Maybe it was a break-in fluke i hope. I got truck new and that was first maiden voyage.
  6. 2

If you ordered from Mark Dodge, how did you get your truck or how do you plan to get it?

Get a buddy and go on a road trip for sure! Rule number one of making a deal is having ability to walk away. If dealer knows you have to drive purchased truck back home they will treat you like **** because they know you need the truck. Now you still might get it no matter what, but at least...
  7. 2

2 3/4" to 2" hitch adapter included on 2023 trucks?

I received adapter with my 2018 2500 and with my 2022 2500. Both trucks are diesel and came with factory tow package. The fifth wheel prep, trailer brake module and what ever else it comes in tow package. Maybe that’s why I got the adapter too.
  8. 2

Mine does same. I have a 35” fifth wheel that’s roughly 15000lbs. When I took it to Florida and back I nearly used any def. Reason being (I’m told) is that truck under load is burning all the fuel and getting hot enough to keep itself clean. Def is for cold engine and when fuel is not fully...
  9. 2

Ticking noise until warmed up

My 2018 ram (77k when traded in) made ticking noise like that from dog filter. My 2022 ram (27k so far) does same every now and then. Both trucks run CP3 pump. Never had issues. My experience. Hope it helps.
  10. 2

Transfer case noise

I will check fluid levels first. Transfer case and front differential. If they are all at proper level ill take it in and see how they tell me nothing is wrong until truck runs out of warranty
  11. 2

Transfer case noise

No sir. Perfectly straight. And I know 4WD is locked in because when I do make a turn truck starts hopping. Only makes this noise when engine is slowing truck down with exhaust break on.
  12. 2

Transfer case noise

2022 Ram 2500 6.7 4x4 off road package. When I put it in 4WD and have exhaust break on when slowing down at 20mph makes noise like I have no bearings in transfer case. Only while breaking from 23mph to 19mph roughly. None when accelerating or driving 80mph on highway. Just when breaking down to...
  13. 2

Cargo camera unavailable

Where did you find the software. I can’t find it anywhere :(