Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

b307a1

Reaction score
Saw in a FB group I am in, that someone ordered his 22 Laramie 3500 in early May and received a ship date of 8/14. Hope this is true.
Has anyone checked their status with the dealer lately? I checked early last week and was D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Checked this week....still in "D" status.

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Who knows. Just what this person posted. Hard to believe they would lie about a dealer giving this info to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You should ask the last 8 of his VIN just to see where it lines up with some of those in this page that ordered early May

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Off FB a few minutes ago

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210724-143031_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210724-143031_Facebook.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 98

CajunMan.

Reaction score
If you want to had my Vin. Will know something Monday if they heard any updates on ETA. Dealing through the owner.

Attachments

• B3F9096B-E7DB-4BB8-8374-65C30E829B1F.jpeg
    B3F9096B-E7DB-4BB8-8374-65C30E829B1F.jpeg
    260.7 KB · Views: 55

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
I just ran the last 8 of the VIN on dealer connect,it said no VIN found,kind of odd.
I bet we could figure out what the entire VIN should be. The only thing I don't know how to do is calculate the check digit. Maybe then check if the window sticker is available yet?

Cummins0867

Reaction score
I just ran the last 8 of the VIN on dealer connect,it said no VIN found,kind of odd.
The VIN won't show up until the truck is physically built and the window sticker is completed. Just like if you ran it to get an equipment listing or window sticker on any of the 2022 VINs we're talking about here....nothing until the truck is built an input into the RAM/FCA system.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I bet we could figure out what the entire VIN should be. The only thing I don't know how to do is calculate the check digit. Maybe then check if the window sticker is available yet?
The check digit formula is crazy!

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
The VIN won't show up until the truck is physically built and the window sticker is completed. Just like if you ran it to get an equipment listing or window sticker on any of the 2022 VINs we're talking about here....nothing until the truck is built an input into the RAM/FCA system.
I think that guy is confused,I will rerun it on the 9th

Cummins0867

Reaction score
The original build start date was 7/26. It’s now 8/9. Don’t think a 5 day build is possible lol. Maybe it is… but I would think the earliest ship would be a couple weeks?
If its one of the very first truck's to roll off of the line (and I believe it will be) when they start production on 9 August.....yes it very well could ship on 14 August. Now having said that it could get stuck in an inspection status...which is usually what happens to many of the very first trucks to roll off the line of a new model year vehicle....its a QA/QC thing.....it will probably happen to some of the trucks on this webpage.

Cummins0867

Reaction score
I think that guy is confused,I will rerun it on the 9th
No, I don't think so....its very, very, possible.....one of the very first 2022 HD Ram trucks. The VIN's we have truly aren't VIN's until the truck is physically built. I ordered a 2017 Jeep GC and then before the Jeep was built I had the order cancelled because it was held up over the Ecodiesel emission's with CARB. for more than 6 months. Jeep never built the vehicle and to this day the VIN I was given is not in the FCA system.

EDIT: here's the VIN 1C4RJFLM1HC697534. to the 2017 JGC Trailhawk ecodiesel that was never built.

Last edited:

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I could also check on the service site but would need the full VIN,yes it won't show up until the build is ready to start.

Cummins0867

Reaction score
Also once the truck is built it could be shipped in a matter of hours. There are factor's that can come into play like it has to be on a truck that has full load before the truck moves....which should be pretty easy as long as there's a truck because like you said they build 210 Ram HD's in a shift....how many are on a tractor trailer 8-10? Now if its going by Rail then it could take a couple of days.....if the train is available, and if it's an entire train then there could be a couple hundred....because the train isn't moving until its full.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread