Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wait time on full Carli kit

ABP

Reaction score
What kind of wait are you guys having for a full Carli kit? Ordered a 3.25" lift kit with 2.5 king tops., Carli radius arms and sway bar. Yesterday was 9 weeks. Still no idea when it will come. I have a feeling 4wheel parts did not order it the day they said they would.

Dave88LX

Reaction score
4WheelParts...this place? https://www.4wheelparts.com/

I don't see Carli parts there. They are not listed as a Retailer of Carli parts either.

I know from reading on the FB group Carli Suspension Owner's Group, there is a delay in certain parts. Not sure which.

Basically your options are to order everything from one place, or, get the list of parts that make a kit, and try to piece it together from various vendors.

MtnRider

Reaction score
Big backlog for Carli parts (I think even more so for Kings). You are not alone, I see comments like this on all the forums.

Reactions: ABP

ABP

Reaction score
Even though they do not list Carli you absolutely can order it from 4wheel parts. I ordered the parts with the purchase of the truck and 4wheel parts is who the dealer uses for their normal lifts. I was told 4-6 weeks. I also ordered my American Force through 4wheel parts. Those are in. Just waiting in Carli. Just wanted to see what others were experiencing.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Even though they do not list Carli you absolutely can order it from 4wheel parts. I ordered the parts with the purchase of the truck and 4wheel parts is who the dealer uses for their normal lifts. I was told 4-6 weeks. I also ordered my American Force through 4wheel parts. Those are in. Just waiting in Carli. Just wanted to see what others were experiencing.
There is a huge shortage of metals right now i was just quoted 2 1/2 months for 4x8 x1/8 aluminum checkerplate for a job the usual lead time is 2 days...... better get used to waiting thats all you will be doing

Dave88LX

Reaction score
Gotcha. Hopefully it all works out.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
My Carli Suspension will be here at the end of the month. I ordered it in October. I would probably have it by now but I upgraded from a 2.5 Pintop to a Dominator in January. I have been dealing directly with Carli and have seen the status of the components that are ahead of my order. Carli is doing big numbers right now - all while dealing with supplier backlogs. In my opinion, Carli suspension is worth waiting for. My Torsion sway bar and steering stab are still out at least a month.

I agree with Trooper above. CJC is a great shop to go with, especially if you are on the west coast. 8 Lug Truck Gear in Michigan is another great shop to deal with. They both sell a lot of Carli, often have some items on the shelf, and also ship Carli stuff for free.

ABP

Reaction score
I appreciate all the replies. Carli quoted 4-6 weeks so I just wanted to see what others were waiting. I completely understand some things are out of their control. Just wasn't sure if 4wheel parts had dropped the ball. Sounds like it is just more crap caused by the shutdowns.

19laramiehd

Reaction score
Kings are taking forever eapecially with custom colors. Took me 20 weeks for thuren king 2.5.

Attachments

• 20210326_212420.jpg
    20210326_212420.jpg
    456.4 KB · Views: 29

ABP

Reaction score
Ordered a pintop 2.5 kit in beginning of february, it just showed up yesterday. Ordered through CJC.
Did you add the radius arms and sway bar? I ordered mind Jan 13th.

Gswain

Reaction score
Did you add the radius arms and sway bar? I ordered mind Jan 13th.
No, didnt need the added expense lol. I may do sway bar down the road but it says no go with stock wheels.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
My truck is in the R&D bay at Carli right now. It looked like the shelves are starting to fill up some. The place looked extremely busy.

Hockeydad55

Reaction score
My truck is in the R&D bay at Carli right now. It looked like the shelves are starting to fill up some. The place looked extremely busy.
What are they doing to your truck in the R&D bay hopefully trying a taller lift

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
What are they doing to your truck in the R&D bay hopefully trying a taller lift

They installed a Dominator kit. 3+ inches of lift in front. 1" in the rear. It still seems tall getting in it, even with Amp steps. I didn't ask if they were going to do a taller lift. Most of the guys I know that were running the 6" on the 3rd gens went back to 3" for using the trucks in the dirt. Totally different suspension on those older Rams though.

Pic of the change. Tires are 37s

Collage 2021-04-05 09_32_43.jpg

Hockeydad55

Reaction score
They installed a Dominator kit. 3+ inches of lift in front. 1" in the rear. It still seems tall getting in it, even with Amp steps. I didn't ask if they were going to do a taller lift. Most of the guys I know that were running the 6" on the 3rd gens went back to 3" for using the trucks in the dirt. Totally different suspension on those older Rams though.

View attachment 14475
Looks nice I just wish they would do a 4.5 lift like Ford would be able to to fit 38’s -40’s better

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Looks nice I just wish they would do a 4.5 lift like Ford would be able to to fit 38’s -40’s better
it woulf look nice for sure. They might be working on something. You can fit 38s on the 3" with the right wheels and a little trimming to the pinch weld and the inner liner. If they do do a taller kit I guess you would need to bump stop it to keep it out of the fenders for 40s.

Sowa

Reaction score

View attachment 14475

How are you liking the dominator kit? I currently have the pin top leveling kit and 35s. I just took a job that requires a good commute through BLM which has less than favorable roads. Would like to go to a softer ride and am entertaining selling my setup and getting into a 3" kit with softer rear coils.

Users who are viewing this thread