Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BantamX + Baja Designs LP9 Pro Implementation & Information

desert_wagon

Reaction score
has anyone used this setup? it says do not power wire 1 and 4 at same time. So what I came up with should work however if someone is using this setup let me know what you did to get it working.

Attachments

• lighting circuit bantamx lp9.png
    lighting circuit bantamx lp9.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 79

TonyT

Reaction score
Give them a call. The Bantam unit in my Jeep was not working correctly and giving me intermittent issues of not powering circuits even though it showed it was. You may have it right, and the problem lies within the unit.

John was able to walk me through several ways of updating and resetting the unit until we found one that worked. Seems to be fine now, but I have zero confidence in it.

I didn't end up going with LP9's, but when I mentioned I was, John said give him a call when setting it up. So, there might be a special trick they can fill you in on.

KnuckleHead

Reaction score
Please post the solution if you do call them. This will be the set up I am going with...the LP9's are sitting in my garage waiting for the truck to show up. I was planning on just not wiring the low beam wire, but if there is a way I would do it.

desert_wagon

Reaction score
Please post the solution if you do call them. This will be the set up I am going with...the LP9's are sitting in my garage waiting for the truck to show up. I was planning on just not wiring the low beam wire, but if there is a way I would do it.

ok went with BamtamX & 4 LP9's, attached is the schematic, the harness(172) can be modified easily

if you don't want to hit low beam/on then high beam you can link the high beam to the low beam/on button.

Attachments

• lighting circuit bantamx lp9.png
    lighting circuit bantamx lp9.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

desert_wagon

Reaction score
Minor update: data sheets say 7.6amps@13.8volts per light as a set it should be ~15.2-15.5amps, this is grossly incorrect. I measured 23 to 24 amps at 12.2volts on high beam and 9 amps at low beam per pair. Used a calibrated fluke dc amp probe. Tested 2 sets using a stock harness "172" and my modified one.

Last edited:

KnuckleHead

Reaction score
Minor update: data sheets say 7.6amps@13.8volts, this is grossly incorrect. I measured 23 to 24 amps at 12.2volts on high beam and 9 amps at low beam. Used a calibrated fluke dc amp probe. Tested 2 sets using a stock harness "172" and my modified one.
Thanks for the info

KnuckleHead

Reaction score
In another thread someone posted that the clearance light fuse is F79 if that helps.

Do you have the front camera? Do those totally block it?

desert_wagon

Reaction score
In another thread someone posted that the clearance light fuse is F79 if that helps.

Do you have the front camera? Do those totally block it?
Yea that was me asking, I could use a fuse tap, not thinking I like the idea of drilling a small hole in the fusebox

KnuckleHead

Reaction score
Do those block your front camera? I have the same light bar and 2 LP9s sitting in my garage waiting on the truck and wonder if I should go with 2 more LP9s or something a little smaller for the middle lights. Id really like to retain the front cam if possible.

desert_wagon

Reaction score
Yes they do block it quite alot. You can see a sliver in the middle but that's about it. Enough the get an idea of how close you are.

2manyprojects

Reaction score
Yea that was me asking, I could use a fuse tap, not thinking I like the idea of drilling a small hole in the fusebox
There are some molded-in holes between the rows of fuses in the fuse box. I was able to run 2 fusetaps and their wires through one hole, running wires out through the bottom of the fuse box. This provides "ign on" and "lights on" signals for my SwitchPro 9100, without any permanent mods to the OEM wiring or fuse panel.

desert_wagon

Reaction score
There are some molded-in holes between the rows of fuses in the fuse box. I was able to run 2 fusetaps and their wires through one hole, running wires out through the bottom of the fuse box. This provides "ign on" and "lights on" signals for my SwitchPro 9100, without any permanent mods to the OEM wiring or fuse panel.
gonna have to poke aroud a bit. thanks for the info on access holes

KnuckleHead

Reaction score
Yes they do block it quite alot. You can see a sliver in the middle but that's about it. Enough the get an idea of how close you are.
What about the 360 camera stuff? Does it interfere with that too?

desert_wagon

Reaction score
which fuse did you tap? for lights on? F79 by any chance?

2manyprojects

Reaction score
Yes! F79 for "Lights On" and F91 for "Ign On" power. Taps were tight to each other, but fit and work well.

desert_wagon

Reaction score
Yes! F79 for "Lights On" and F91 for "Ign On" power. Taps were tight to each other, but fit and work well.
cool, now to muck around a bit and get this setup...next on the agenda is an old school foot pedal switch for brights or to toggle between amber/clear/off

2manyprojects

Reaction score
I hear you. I want to still find a "high Beam on" signal, and set my SwitchPro up to give me "flamethrower" mode, where all forward lights come on/off with the high beams. So far the only place i've found is to tap into the harness that goes to one of the headlights, but I don't want to cut into the harness. I set this up on one of my Land Cruisers, and it was very handy. Ironically, it was fairly easy to hardwire, but with all the can-bus tech it seems much more challenging.

Russty__

Reaction score
Ive got Lp9 Pros., Lp4s, squadrons as well as a switch pro ready for the PW. Were you able to wire the low beam and high beam separately on the Lp9s?

Users who are viewing this thread