Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suspension upgrades without changing ride height?

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
Just wondering what if any non lift suspension upgrades people have done and if they are happy with them ? I’ve got a bone stock near bottom of the barrel 19 bighorn and I love the height so I don’t want to mess with it, but am debating what I’d like to do with it. I do drag the truck through deep mud if that helps with suggestions ... also this is my first 2500 so I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing. Thanks guys!

FrugalB

Reaction score
I just installed (yesterday) a Thuren 1” coil (front), 1/2” lower coil (rear) with their matched Fox 2.0 shocks. I have not measured my new heights to compare but truck looks almost the same. Only drove it around the block, but could tell it’s a softer ride. I’ll update this post later with a couple pics and noticed differences.

I went this route because everyone said the ride was so much better and I didn’t want a huge lift.

I did just add 37’s, and only had to do minor trimming, still had a little rub in reverse while full turn, that is gone now.

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
I just installed (yesterday) a Thuren 1” coil (front), 1/2” lower coil (rear) with their matched Fox 2.0 shocks. I have not measured my new heights to compare but truck looks almost the same. Only drove it around the block, but could tell it’s a softer ride. I’ll update this post later with a couple pics and noticed differences.

I went this route because everyone said the ride was so much better and I didn’t want a huge lift.

I did just add 37’s, and only had to do minor trimming, still had a little rub in reverse while full turn, that is gone now.
Thank you for the reply ! Can’t wait to see the pics ! Going to for sure look into Thuren suspensions.

I gotta admit this is my first 2500 and I have no idea what I’m doing lol ... sooo very different from the 15s.

I know everyone says they ride rough, but bone stock they don’t ride any worse than a 1500 with a 3” suspension lift. I’m just excited to make this truck mine and learn all about it

FrugalB

Reaction score
Looks like the front came up about 1.5" as it was 24.5" on my drivers side now its @ 26", rear is also at 26". So it is nice and level. Ride is smooth, makes me want to drive over bumps and potholes so I can feel the smoothness. I also added a front sway bar from Thuren. As you can tell from the pics, not a huge difference, but just enough. 6CC44411-A387-49F0-8676-EFF9AD3F8B18.JPGIMG_1153.jpg

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
Looks like the front came up about 1.5" as it was 24.5" on my drivers side now its @ 26", rear is also at 26". So it is nice and level. Ride is smooth, makes me want to drive over bumps and potholes so I can feel the smoothness. I also added a front sway bar from Thuren. As you can tell from the pics, not a huge difference, but just enough. View attachment 8359View attachment 8360
Man that’s a beautiful truck ! Thanks for the pics. She doesn’t look like it came up that much at all, just looks like it’s sitting square. Does the new parts have more travel or the same as before ?

Reactions: Pac

FrugalB

Reaction score
Thanks! The springs are all approx 2" longer than the stock springs, but they have a (i believe) 30% softer spring rate. I would guess travel would be about the same.

TonyT

Reaction score
I too am looking into suspension upgrades. I need to be around stock height cause I'd still like to be able to park in the garage.

So far I've been leaning toward the Kelderman stock-height airbags front and rear.

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
I too am looking into suspension upgrades. I need to be around stock height cause I'd still like to be able to park in the garage.

So far I've been leaning toward the Kelderman stock-height airbags front and rear.
I’m rather hoping for something that increases articulation in the front, and can last through some good mud puddles but yeah don’t want to get too far away from stock height

Users who are viewing this thread