Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate recall and other OT posts not related to grid heater relay recall moved to here

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Looks like my truck is involved. Thing doesn't fit i my garage anyway. However I will remove the cable from the relay. Don't need the grid heater anyway since I only drive in warmer climates. I still have to take it in for the tailgate recall, although mine seems to latch just fine.
I wont be bringing mine in my tailgate latches perfect i dont need them screwing it up lol

relbus

Reaction score
Bet so....maybe the Banks bling grid heater delete isnt as snake oil as some might say!

Definitely not snake oil!! I fell victim to the grid heater bolt on my 2013. I fully intended to add the banks intake prior to warranty ending...but then my truck got totaled.

Se7enoverland

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2023 last Saturday and it is involved in this recall as it showed up as of today on my Mopar account with parts as not available yet to repair.

At least you picked it up. Other wise you would be waiting until the fix comes out before you would be able to get it.

Reactions: Rip

CdnHO

Reaction score
I wont be bringing mine in my tailgate latches perfect i dont need them screwing it up lol
Agree. My tailgate is fine. I made a small adjustment to the pin to center it in the latch on the driver's side, just to be sure. Will also disconnect the positive cable to the relay. I am always in a warm climate anyway so don't need it.

unclelala

Reaction score
Agree. My tailgate is fine. I made a small adjustment to the pin to center it in the latch on the driver's side, just to be sure. Will also disconnect the positive cable to the relay. I am always in a warm climate anyway so don't need it.
Doesn't it stay on the trucks record and has to be cleared if u sell it ?

scout110

Reaction score
I am in the boat of having to wait to get my truck until the parts come in. I put a downpayment on it and was supposed to pick it up in 2 days.

CdnHO

Reaction score
Doesn't it stay on the trucks record and has to be cleared if u sell it ?
I can have it done when I sell it. Besides tailgate works fine. I doubt there is any adjustment needed.

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
Looks like my truck is involved. Thing doesn't fit i my garage anyway. However I will remove the cable from the relay. Don't need the grid heater anyway since I only drive in warmer climates. I still have to take it in for the tailgate recall, although mine seems to latch just fine.
As for the tail gate latch mine has never had an issue so at last service I told them to sign it off and DO NOT touch my truck.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Wow even saftey ones?! How responsible of us. :oops:
:rolleyes:
I dont think anywhere requires recalls to be done for a sale to be honest and its a good thing. I will have lots of open recalls if i sell my truck as i wont let some be done

mountainears

Reaction score
As for the tail gate latch mine has never had an issue so at last service I told them to sign it off and DO NOT touch my truck.

Yikes, I’m betting those that had an issue before the recall never had an issue with theirs until they did…. Seems prudent to have them peek at it but unfortunately many are afraid to use dealer service.

Kind of bothers me that they would sign it off without touching it actually, seems like that would make that dealership liable if something happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Yikes, I’m betting those that had an issue before the recall never had an issue with theirs until they did…. Seems prudent to have them peek at it but unfortunately many are afraid to use dealer service.

Kind of bothers me that they would sign it off without touching it actually, seems like that would make that dealership liable if something happened.

My dealer would likely screw it up also i am 100% sure my strikers are fine when my 4 wheeler is in the box i actually compress the rear tires with the tailgate and that a lot of pressure on the gate i actually have to push on it to open the gate and it does not open so no adjustment needed.

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
Not sure about that but I do know that that just signed it off as completed. Maybe they looked at it when I wasn’t watching but they definitely didn’t make any adjustments at all.

StrayCat

Reaction score
I pick up my new 2500 on Friday and have to park it outside I guess until the parts are available.

That’s frustrating.

kristof

Reaction score
I don't have time nor I don't want those "certified" mechanics near my tailgate. How can I adjust it myself?

jadmt

Reaction score
I took mine in for the tailgate recall because I was sick of the notifications I was getting every other day. Well guess what...the tech walked around the back of my truck (I was parked in the lot where I could watch it) and he did not even open my tailgate. So I would tell people don't worry about them screwing anything up as if they don't actually touch it they can't really screw it up. I asked him if it were ok and he said yup. 1/2 hour later they told me my truck was ready lol..apparently it took 1/2 hour for the tech to enter the information into the computer....anyway my recall shows as completed...

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I took mine in for the tailgate recall because I was sick of the notifications I was getting every other day. Well guess what...the tech walked around the back of my truck (I was parked in the lot where I could watch it) and he did not even open my tailgate. So I would tell people don't worry about them screwing anything up as if they don't actually touch it they can't really screw it up. I asked him if it were ok and he said yup. 1/2 hour later they told me my truck was ready lol..apparently it took 1/2 hour for the tech to enter the information into the computer....anyway my recall shows as completed...
If i ever go back to a dealer i may get them to clear the recall but since deleteing my truck i have 0 issues other than the shifter boot but im not getting another garbage OEM one thats for sure!

Or Perhaps i may get another recall thats worth doing as they seem to like recalling newer vehicles these days then i will bring it in lol

Users who are viewing this thread