Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
Have my order in 08/26. Debating if I should cancel for 2023... Thought i read 2023's production start date delayed, but told 25 weeks roughly for the 2022... So im guessing 2023's would be possibly quicker or around the same time. Thoughts/suggestions?
I wouldnt think a 23 would be quicker. Id imagine there would be some re tooling for 23s. If 23s are slated to start production in october one would think that production of all 22s should be completed by that time no? I could be wrong of course. I was told by my dealer though that mid year 23s should start rolling off the line quicker than 22s though.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Have my order in 08/26. Debating if I should cancel for 2023... Thought i read 2023's production start date delayed, but told 25 weeks roughly for the 2022... So im guessing 2023's would be possibly quicker or around the same time. Thoughts/suggestions?
It's up to you but the shipping and production will remain the the same, might as well try for a 23.

Sleepyweasel

Reaction score
Just placed an order this morning for a 2022 Longhorn in Delmonico Red. Level 1 equipment group, air suspension, safety group, towing tech group, dual wheels, HO diesel, 50 gal fuel tank,5th wheel/gooseneck prep, and TTPMS. The dealer did 6.8% off MSPR. We'll see how long this end of the model year build takes.

QuattroCS

Reaction score
So what happens if your truck isnt built by 10/29? Does it roll over to a MY23?
It should not spill over, plus your vin is already for MY22. what we have is a late model 22. that may do something in the future.
I got my build sheet today and was planning on going through it tonight. Can anyone point me to a good resource for researching some of the some of the items on the sheet that are not very intuitive?
nice, what items do you have questions about, you may DM if you choose, everything was mostly clear on mine.
I wouldn't cancel until you have a fully confirmed order for 2023. Pricing may be affected. the options that have been discussed are different external mirrors and the dash is now all screen no gauges (just pictures). There are more discussions in other threads about the official differences. For me personally not enough. you have an order with a known worst-case completion date (10/29/22). which then SHOULD mean you have delivery by EOY. Placing a MY23 order where production starts on 10/31/22 (you don't know where on that waiting line you will land) then throws the whole timeline into question.

it's really up to you on where your needs and requirements for the truck are, whether physical or financial (a lot of talks of interest rates have already happened here). Again my personal $0.02 MY don't matter so much to me as this truck is a work vehicle and cheaper to keep her scenario and ROI

Lastly evaluate all of your, options, needs, pros, and cons, after that you should be able to make the best-informed decision based on where you chose to land. Hope that helps.

Rworley

Reaction score
I thought I would throw this information out there. I am not sure when it changed but order delivery times were running 12-16 weeks. Considering the plant started 2022 production on 8/9 I was thinking I might be getting close. If you have not seen this, I am sorry.

Ram

Model
Assembly Plant
Order to Delivery
Ram ProMaster City - Order
Tofus, Turkey​
24-28 weeks​
Ram ProMaster City - Pool
Port of Baltimore, MD​
TBD​
Ram ProMaster
Saltillo, Mexico​
TBD​
Ram 1500 Quad Cab & Crew Cab Pickup (DS)
Warren, MI​
16-20 weeks​
Ram 1500 Regular Cab (DS)
Saltillo, Mexico​
16-20 weeks​
Ram 1500 (DT)
Sterling Heights, MI​
18-22 weeks​
Ram 2500 HD Pickup
Saltillo, Mexico​
22-26 weeks​
Ram 3500 HD Pickup
Saltillo, Mexico​
22-26 weeks​
Ram Mega Cab
Saltillo, Mexico​
22-26 weeks​
Ram 3500 Chassis Cab
Saltillo, Mexico​
22-26 weeks​
Ram 4500, 5500 Chassis Cab
Saltillo, Mexico​
22-26 weeks​
I ordered a 2022 limited 3500 in February 22 it has been 28 weeks , still haven’t got truck

Rworley

Reaction score
I think they're being built in different locations. The 1500 classics are built in Mexico .The higher end ones are built in Michigan. Mine is a single cab too so it makes it more rare.
I’ve got a limited completely loaded that was just built in Mexico

b307a1

Reaction score
Just placed an order this morning for a 2022 Longhorn in Delmonico Red. Level 1 equipment group, air suspension, safety group, towing tech group, dual wheels, HO diesel, 50 gal fuel tank,5th wheel/gooseneck prep, and TTPMS. The dealer did 6.8% off MSPR. We'll see how long this end of the model year build takes.
You can still order a '22? I thought the order window closed last month.

Elcorbs

Reaction score
Today is 30 days in JB status! Going for the record 58 days I saw someone post before.

Hangman

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone. New to the ram family as of yesterday. I placed the order on my 2022 3500 crewcab 6.4 dually tradesman in Patriot Blue.

4.10s, 50 gal tank, convenience group, chrome package, towing tech group, tradesman lvl 2, 8.5” w/ nav.

Our 2002 F250 with the 7.3 decided to blow the turbo on the way home from Florida so the wife and I decided it was time for a new truck, not a repair bill.

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
Well, I'm following the 'what are you using your aux switches for', I posted how to thoroughly protect your rear wheel wells in the ugliest, yet most permanent, way.....and just posted dimensions and instructions for a rear cupholder block off plate for my old dogman with bad knees and hip for when he can't be in the front on the bench seat with daddy. There were a few threads on it but people just threw out ideas but didn't really back them up with anything useful.

Towels, pcv pipe caps, paint can lids and some complaints about too many cupholders.....:)
Curious what are your post delivery threads

Lettikka

Reaction score
@QuattroCS
I got my build sheet today and was planning on going through it tonight. Can anyone point me to a good resource for researching some of the some of the items on the sheet that are not very intuitive?
nice, what items do you have questions about, you may DM if you choose, everything was mostly clear on mine.

Thanks brother, any item that I wasn't sure about I Googled and most of the time it would bring up a video from RAM explaining the line item. Worked out fine. The only item that I wasn't 100% clear on is I wanted to verify that I got the 360 view camera system. This system was supposed to be on my 2019 but there was a conflict with the tow mirrors and the truck came without it. The window sticker has "Parkview Backup Camera". Is that indicative of the 360 system?

QuattroCS

Reaction score
@QuattroCS

Thanks brother, any item that I wasn't sure about I Googled and most of the time it would bring up a video from RAM explaining the line item. Worked out fine. The only item that I wasn't 100% clear on is I wanted to verify that I got the 360 view camera system. This system was supposed to be on my 2019 but there was a conflict with the tow mirrors and the truck came without it. The window sticker has "Parkview Backup Camera". Is that indicative of the 360 system?
I think that system is called Surround View Camera -

Parkview came up with this -

I also wanted the surround view, it was not available, it typically was included as a Towing Tech group/package. I will be adding it to my truck sometime after delivery and gathering all the needed parts together.

QuattroCS

Reaction score
Well, I'm following the 'what are you using your aux switches for', I posted how to thoroughly protect your rear wheel wells in the ugliest, yet most permanent, way.....and just posted dimensions and instructions for a rear cupholder block off plate for my old dogman with bad knees and hip for when he can't be in the front on the bench seat with daddy. There were a few threads on it but people just threw out ideas but didn't really back them up with anything useful.

Towels, pcv pipe caps, paint can lids and some complaints about too many cupholders.....:)
lol nice, I have seen some of those posts, but probably not all.

Users who are viewing this thread