Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

gator6

Reaction score
There is no rhyme or reason as to the order trucks are built. 4 weeks in D1 is not very long honestly. My 3500 HO DRW sat in D1 for 8 weeks, then was built and sat at the outside vendors (JB) for 8+ weeks for still unknown reasons (I think it was just partying too hard and enjoying Margaritaville), before it even went KZLD. I lucked out and found a train ride 4 days later, and now it sits at Port Allen waiting on a trip to the dealer. To date it has been 21 weeks, or 146 days, and again, I am one of the luckier ones - there have been some waiting since last year that have still not taken delivery.

As I have said many times on this 5+ month journey: Saddle up, buckle up, and enjoy the ride :cool:

Telling you, it’s the items that higher models have standard. Sucks too, my loaded Longhorn was one of the first produced in March while other Longhorns ordered BEFORE mine were built after…and they still shipped before mine too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elcorbs

Reaction score
I just started at 1/3/2022 on the build tracker and did a rough count of open orders. Here is what I came up with: Cummins HO = 112, Cummins = 105, and Hemi gas = 73. I don't think the HO and Aisin trans is the problem child.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Alright Folks, here we go on weekly update ;-)
Happy to see some movement on the Build of last year is almost all caught up (10 out of 961 pending, 99.0% complete) 14 Pending Delivery and 4 Pending build (53 canceled orders also play a part in the overall situation)
(942 (924 already delivered + 14 pending delivery + 4 Pending build) is a more realistic number for 2021)

Overall numbers from last week (Pretty good week) with overall completion rates
5 more orders added
19 Built - Overall 94.6% complete total (currently sitting at 81 units left to build) - Rome wasn't built in a day ;-)
34 Delivered - Overall 77.1% complete total (currently sitting at 341 units left to deliver) -68 total canceled orders - this week it was organic movement overall and @brv10 special sauce

More metrics/analysis for the data freaks (completion rates with qtys pending)
2021 - (10 out of 961 pending Build, 99.0% complete), delivery is at 96.1% (37 out of 961 waiting for shipping) - 37 is an amazing number, even more amazing is 53 orders are canceled overall, show show delivered others dont. 14 Pending Delivery and 4 Pending build
Q2-May and June of 2021 are 100% built, delivery is at 98.0% (4 out of 198 waiting for shipping) - the 4 that are not shipped are canceled ordered - 15 total canceled orders- we can now count Q2 2021 100% completed
Q3-July, Aug and Sep of 2021 are almost 100%(99.7% to be exact) Built (only shy 1 out of 375), and delivery is at 98.4% (6 out of 375 waiting for shipping) - 15 orders are canceled so the Build and delivery is much closer than shown
Q4-Oct, Nov and Dec of 2021 Build is at 97.7% (9 out of 388 pending), Delivery starts to rear its ugly head (but its almost there), is at 93.0% (27 out of 388 waiting for shipping) - 24 orders are canceled so the Build and delivery is much closer than shown - should put build at 100% as well and delivery even more complete

2022 - (71 out of 529 pending Build, 86.6% complete), delivery is at 39.1% (304 out of 529 waiting for shipping)
Q1-Jan, Feb and March of 2022, Build is at 94.9% (21 out of 415 pending), Delivery continues with challenges, 49.9% (208 out of 415 waiting for shipping) - 11 orders are canceled so the Build and delivery is much closer than shown
Q2-April, May and June of 2022, Build is at 57.1% (48 out of 112 pending), Delivery is at 0.16% (94 out of 112 waiting for shipping) - 4 orders are canceled so the Build and delivery is much closer than shown
Q3-July of 2022, Build is at 0% (2 out of 2 pending), Delivery is at 0% (2 out of 2 waiting for shipping)

Let me know if any other metrics should/could be evaluated., Red comments are changes in numbers/counts, Green comments are general comments.

A lot of positive movement this week and little by little getting closer to the finish line. If production line does get reset in October. There are still 2 full months of production. so overall i think the timing is still in play and that MY22 completion is still feasible.

Thank you for the lift again @brv10 and @OfficerDirtySanchez

View attachment 41736

I just started at 1/3/2022 on the build tracker and did a rough count of open orders. Here is what I came up with: Cummins HO = 112, Cummins = 105, and Hemi gas = 73. I don't think the HO and Aisin trans is the problem child.
@Elcorbs , if you want the details down to a hair on a gnats a$$, then check out @QuattroCS weekly rollup from one of the other threads (see above)

kevin588127

Reaction score
Telling you, it’s the items that higher models have standard. Sucks too, my loaded Longhorn was one of the first produced in March while other Longhorns ordered BEFORE mine were built after…and they still shipped before mine too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure there is any rhyme or reason but right about the time I ordered in Jan, a whole crap load of BHs got built. Then it seemed to be a wave of larimies. I ordered a BH of course.

Mobrules

Reaction score
My truck has been sitting 2 hours away from me since the 27th of last month. Driving me freaking crazy being this close. Dealer is less than worthless. I can't get straight answers of of them.

Ordered 12/10/21 and this last week has been rough on the liver. Jose Cuervo has not been a friend of mine!

gator6

Reaction score
Not sure there is any rhyme or reason but right about the time I ordered in Jan, a whole crap load of BHs got built. Then it seemed to be a wave of larimies. I ordered a BH of course.
I never monitored the 1/2 ton site before my parent’s first order, but I was paying attention to the HD site, as most of you have, while my truck was being built.

There isn’t a rhyme or reason that any of us can conceive because it doesn’t make sense to us. To us it’s “I ordered on X date, and it should be ready by X date…but this truck was ordered after mine and it’s built before…” I get it, believe me I do, I went though it for 6.5 months.

For those of you that haven’t heard the story of my parents first build, it goes like this: 10 weeks after my order, they place theirs (Southwest Edition Laramie EcoDiesel with some upgrades), they were told “20 weeks…contact me after 8 weeks for an update”, 7 weeks later (while my 3500 sat in JS) their’s was on the lot at Mark Dodge…no biggie, right? No, they had a house under construction and were banking on 20 weeks to close before finalizing the truck loan. So MD graciously passed their deposit onto a second order.

If you’re not familiar with the SW Ed. Laramie, it’s major differences are the panoramic sunroof, electric steps, and 12” screen. Now we added the Off-road pkg with multiple skid plates and the multifunction tailgate. They pushed through the exact same order maybe 10 days after the 1st one arrived (20 March), and today it still sits in “D”.

The way I’ve seen it play out, and that makes sense to me, is as parts become available they are put on outstanding orders in the model order. If there are so many 12” screens available, they’re put on the Limited, then Longhorn, Laramie…etc. Now, upgrading models messes with this because if the parts aren’t available to complete said vehicle, it’s pushed until the parts are available. “So why doesn’t a vehicle in “D1” that already has parts allocated and scheduled to be built pushed back?” What we don’t know is how many trucks don’t make it through the QA process and end up in JS waiting to be corrected. Why does one vehicle go into a JS status for two weeks (my truck) while others sit there for months (@matemike). If something is broke, frame bent, panel dented (these are handled my multiple machines and people) and caught in QA, they part will have to be pulled from the allocated supply (if available) to be reinstalled on the “completed” truck. That all depends on what is available. If a Limited is set to be built and scheduled, it will receive its parts because…money. It all comes down to money and how an expensive truck with all the fixins’ will soak up parts and net a return.

I’m not a know-it-all who thinks this is 100% the answer, but I’d say it’s damn close. The wait sucks, but I’ll tell you this, once you drive off the lot you never really think of it again.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
My truck has been sitting 2 hours away from me since the 27th of last month. Driving me freaking crazy being this close. Dealer is less than worthless. I can't get straight answers of of them.

Ordered 12/10/21 and this last week has been rough on the liver. Jose Cuervo has not been a friend of mine!
Same here. My truck arrived in Port Allen (60 miles from home) on the 28th, and is still there. But here is the worse part...I drive to Baton Rouge 3 days a week, and each afternoon on the way home coming off of the Mississippi River Bridge, I'm looking at the lot of 100's of new vehicles waiting to be transported to their dealers, knowing my beast is sitting in there somewhere, staring back at me:eek:. When it finally gets shipped to MD, it will pass within minutes of the house on its way there. Then I get home and it's drinky time...:D

Last edited:

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I never monitored the 1/2 ton site before my parent’s first order, but I was paying attention to the HD site, as most of you have, while my truck was being built.

There isn’t a rhyme or reason that any of us can conceive because it doesn’t make sense to us. To us it’s “I ordered on X date, and it should be ready by X date…but this truck was ordered after mine and it’s built before…” I get it, believe me I do, I went though it for 6.5 months.

For those of you that haven’t heard the story of my parents first build, it goes like this: 10 weeks after my order, they place theirs (Southwest Edition Laramie EcoDiesel with some upgrades), they were told “20 weeks…contact me after 8 weeks for an update”, 7 weeks later (while my 3500 sat in JS) their’s was on the lot at Mark Dodge…no biggie, right? No, they had a house under construction and were banking on 20 weeks to close before finalizing the truck loan. So MD graciously passed their deposit onto a second order.

If you’re not familiar with the SW Ed. Laramie, it’s major differences are the panoramic sunroof, electric steps, and 12” screen. Now we added the Off-road pkg with multiple skid plates and the multifunction tailgate. They pushed through the exact same order maybe 10 days after the 1st one arrived (20 March), and today it still sits in “D”.

The way I’ve seen it play out, and that makes sense to me, is as parts become available they are put on outstanding orders in the model order. If there are so many 12” screens available, they’re put on the Limited, then Longhorn, Laramie…etc. Now, upgrading models messes with this because if the parts aren’t available to complete said vehicle, it’s pushed until the parts are available. “So why doesn’t a vehicle in “D1” that already has parts allocated and scheduled to be built pushed back?” What we don’t know is how many trucks don’t make it through the QA process and end up in JS waiting to be corrected. Why does one vehicle go into a JS status for two weeks (my truck) while others sit there for months (@matemike). If something is broke, frame bent, panel dented (these are handled my multiple machines and people) and caught in QA, they part will have to be pulled from the allocated supply (if available) to be reinstalled on the “completed” truck. That all depends on what is available. If a Limited is set to be built and scheduled, it will receive its parts because…money. It all comes down to money and how an expensive truck with all the fixins’ will soak up parts and net a return.

I’m not a know-it-all who thinks this is 100% the answer, but I’d say it’s damn close. The wait sucks, but I’ll tell you this, once you drive off the lot you never really think of it again.
I could not have come close to a better explanation! Well said @gator6 I hope your mom's truck arrives soon!!!

Scvette

Reaction score
My buddy finally picked his truck up last night. He ordered a olive green loaded Laramie Srw 3500 CC chassis cab. He placed his order on 7/18/21, took over a year to get his. It was built in March and he had the window sticker, just sat in limbo somewhere and his dealer was useless on info. But he sounds happy now that he has it.

mdibuckeye

Reaction score
Is anyone else’s truck depicted wrong on the Ram Towing and Payload Capacity website? Mine is shown as a billet silver Lone Star when it's a patriot blue Bighorn.

joeycamp

Reaction score
Is anyone else’s truck depicted wrong on the Ram Towing and Payload Capacity website? Mine is shown as a billet silver Lone Star when it's a patriot blue Bighorn.

Mine shows chrome bumper I ordered painted. Doesn't show running boards or clearance lights but were ordered. My pic on ram tracker is identical of what I ordered.

762fmj

Reaction score
Mine has the correct trim and configuration listed, but is shown as silver instead of blue. They got the interior color right though.

gator6

Reaction score

Hmm…if I remember right, mine showed a white dually and I received my black one

Tjm1571

Reaction score
@brv10 tracker updated to Scheduled today... can you see what the status code is on this? Appreciate it!!

3C6UR5FJ1NG364412

gator6

Reaction score
Mine shows chrome bumper I ordered painted. Doesn't show running boards or clearance lights but were ordered. My pic on ram tracker is identical of what I ordered.
Ok, so I just checked mine…it’s not depicted correctly, and I’ve received my Black Longhorn with painted bumpers and electric steps… screenshot below…

Users who are viewing this thread