Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Surgdoc4

Reaction score
My high output limited 3500 has been locked in D1 since four weeks ago. Can someone here confirm if for some reason the high output diesels with the aisin transmissions are not being built because of supply issues? Because I look on the tracker and regular diesels and gas trucks are being built but the high output ones are being hopscotched around. It would seem as though maybe the aisin transmission could be on backorder and unavailable for the past few weeks.
Heck my truck should be on the railroad by now....
My 3500 6.7HO LH DRW in build per tracker. Ordered May 11

Scooterbv

Reaction score
I AM FINALLY IN BALTIMORE. Ram tracker still says TBD to ship lol and August 22 delivery but I am confident Koons will get my beautiful Billet Silver Laramie asap and she'll be in Northern Virginia soon.

Did you connect to the truck through the Ram app or how do you know its in Baltimore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Dude,
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. I have read the manual and watched enough Youtube where I can tear down and rebuild the 6.7 with certain success. This is not my first Ram, I have a 2019 fully tricked out 1500 midnight. However, my tow vehicle has been and still is a 2007 GMC Sierra Duramax that I know inside out and have been through many trials and tribulations with. I know there is no replacement for time and experience but I really can't wait to know the new systems of the 3500 6.7 HO / Aisin as well as I know my current set up.
This will be my second Cummins. My first I bought brand new off the lot, a 2006 2500 with the 5.9L. It served me well, but just wasn't quite enough for my fifth wheel. Engine had the power for sure, but it was just too much weight for the 3/4 ton. I just sold it 3 months ago (with much sadness...lots of good memories) when the used vehicle prices started to make a turn. My 5er now has cob webs starting to form and the wife is getting itchy to hit the road again. The truck is sitting in Port Allen and waiting for a ride to the dealer -- then let the games begin!

pacnw1963

Reaction score
My high output limited 3500 has been locked in D1 since four weeks ago. Can someone here confirm if for some reason the high output diesels with the aisin transmissions are not being built because of supply issues? Because I look on the tracker and regular diesels and gas trucks are being built but the high output ones are being hopscotched around. It would seem as though maybe the aisin transmission could be on backorder and unavailable for the past few weeks.
There is no rhyme or reason as to the order trucks are built. 4 weeks in D1 is not very long honestly. My 3500 HO DRW sat in D1 for 8 weeks, then was built and sat at the outside vendors (JB) for 8+ weeks for still unknown reasons (I think it was just partying too hard and enjoying Margaritaville), before it even went KZLD. I lucked out and found a train ride 4 days later, and now it sits at Port Allen waiting on a trip to the dealer. To date it has been 21 weeks, or 146 days, and again, I am one of the luckier ones - there have been some waiting since last year that have still not taken delivery.

As I have said many times on this 5+ month journey: Saddle up, buckle up, and enjoy the ride :cool:

Big Baloo

Reaction score
There is no rhyme or reason as to the order trucks are built. 4 weeks in D1 is not very long honestly. My 3500 HO DRW sat in D1 for 8 weeks, then was built and sat at the outside vendors (JB) for 8+ weeks for still unknown reasons (I think it was just partying too hard and enjoying Margaritaville), before it even went KZLD. I lucked out and found a train ride 4 days later, and now it sits at Port Allen waiting on a trip to the dealer. To date it has been 21 weeks, or 146 days, and again, I am one of the luckier ones - there have been some waiting since last year that have still not taken delivery.

As I have said many times on this 5+ month journey: Saddle up, buckle up, and enjoy the ride :cool:
You could not have explained it better!

Bcrouse

Reaction score

There might be a reason….it might not be a logical one that we can divinate via the tea leaves we are given.

Big Baloo

Reaction score
There might be a reason….it might not be a logical one that we can divinate via the tea leaves we are given.
I think they have a dart board with this list of upcoming orders, they through the dart and where it lands is the next in line to be built.
There are many orders here much longer than mine that have not been built, and some that have been shorter than mine already got built and shipped.
I believe it will happen, just don't know when.

762fmj

Reaction score
I think they have a dart board with this list of upcoming orders, they through the dart and where it lands is the next in line to be built.
There are many orders here much longer than mine that have not been built, and some that have been shorter than mine already got built and shipped.
There might be something to this! Monkeys throwing darts made more money than actual stock traders with technical analysis.

Who's to say they wouldn't also be better at assembly line production??

pacnw1963

Reaction score

There might be something to this! Monkeys throwing darts made more money than actual stock traders with technical analysis.

Who's to say they wouldn't also be better at assembly line production??

There is no telling...if the stars, moon, and planets align at just the precise moment while Captain Kirk of the Starship Enterprise is passing through the alignment, you get lucky and your truck is built. My thoughts have always been the foreman comes in in the morning and it all depends on the mood he is in. Does he have a hangover? Did he get lucky? Was his "honey do" list entirely too long over the weekend? Then and only then will he pick up his darts and begin to throw them at the "build" board of life!

Big Baloo

Reaction score
I ordered a tank/toolbox combo last week, and it arrived over the weekend.
I found an RDS 72743 60gal from Amazon.
I figured I would pass it along; I believe they still have 2 more in stock.
I found where it is both supplied/shipped from Amazon for $1,310.00

Elcorbs

Reaction score
It has only been 2 months since I ordered, but seeing that most get their trucks delivered around the 6 month mark, that will put me in December. I see a few that have ordered as late as 7/18 and that would put them out to Jan 2023. If the plant does in fact shutdown in October to switch to MY23, I don’t see how they will be building MY22‘s along side MY23’s. I use the HD RAMS tracking chart and still see a lot of orders that are already over the 6 month mark. I guess I need to invest in one of those dart boards to get a better picture of when these orders will be fulfilled.

Anrkist

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm 100% that the receiver on a 2022 3500 HO SRW with 23k towing capacity is indeed 2.5" not 3"? I want to order a hitch but with the never ending delays I fear that if its the wrong size the return window will be gone by the time my truck actually arrives.

On that note anyone recommend a hitch they love with 23K+ capacity?

2500Ram

Reaction score
Did you connect to the truck through the Ram app or how do you know its in Baltimore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have not connected the truck to the app as I am told I have to actually own it first. I do not have it titled in my name yet. I was tracking via the train car number. The train arrived in Baltimore and is waiting carrier to Koons.

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm 100% that the receiver on a 2022 3500 HO SRW with 23k towing capacity is indeed 2.5" not 3"? I want to order a hitch but with the never ending delays I fear that if its the wrong size the return window will be gone by the time my truck actually arrives.

On that note anyone recommend a hitch they love with 23K+ capacity?
Bulletproof looks to have really nice stuff.

Last edited:

joace

Reaction score
Mine turned to D1 on 7/28, dealer told me estimated production start date is 8/22, and normally tracker will update state again 1 or about weeks before starts, not sure how accurate it is, finger crossed.
You can find my config from signature, guess plant tries to group same trims together, hope we will be on the same line.

Arel11

Reaction score
My truck shows delivered yesterday. How long should I give them to call me? I’m low key freaking out that someone will sell it off the lot.

Users who are viewing this thread