Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
Haven’t kept up with all of the pages as of late. Ordered 9 months ago and still not even built yet. Two build dates have come and gone, and my next one is coming up in a week. Starting to think I ordered a unicorn… Hell that might have shown up sooner.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Haven’t kept up with all of the pages as of late. Ordered 9 months ago and still not even built yet. Two build dates have come and gone, and my next one is coming up in a week. Starting to think I ordered a unicorn… Hell that might have shown up sooner.
Unbelievable! You’d think yours was a Canadian order, but it’s only going to Colorado…what in the wild world of sports???

kleinma

Reaction score
Thought I'd never say this, but I'm KZX!!! That was a long @$$ process. I got pretty lucky that it shipped about a week after it was produced. I hope all the remaining 2021 orders see their trucks in short order. I'll be picking up later this week and post pics. Don't post much but been reading the thread from the start and lot of great information shared so I'll keep lurking. Thanks to you folks that spend your personal time tracking and helping everyone out!

1657401674667.png

choprzrul

Reaction score
Just remember that the truck is in “ship/logistics mode”. To quote Chrysler: “All ram trucks (1500 through 5500) leave the assembly plant in a mode where all nonessential electronic equipment is disabled. This is done to help prevent the battery from discharging during shipping. This is called “Ship Mode” or “Logistics Mode.””

You probably won’t get an alert until the truck is started to off-load it…FWIW
Yep, I figured as much. I set alerts for both curfew and location so when they activate it, I'll get the alert :cool:

choprzrul

Reaction score
I’m in Arroyo Grande but ordered through Cole Chrysler in SLO. If there was a way to make it happen I’d be interested. Though I didn’t get that sense from my salesman…. My ETA still shows 7/15. Hasn’t changed for several weeks.
Interesting.....I am going to ask my salesman about a 3rd party hauler.....

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
Unbelievable! You’d think yours was a Canadian order, but it’s only going to Colorado…what in the wild world of sports???
I’m not sure what’s going on. At this point it seems to even be frustrating to my salesman.

AK_Rams

Reaction score
So, I’m new here so Hi! About a month and a half ago I put a deposit down on a 2500 Laramie Cummins my dealer had coming right after it left the factory (coming here to Anchorage, AK). Yesterday I got the call no one wants to get, my sales guy starts off with “this isn’t the kind of call I like to make…” Obviously it was bad news.

Truck was supposed to arrive sometime around July 29th and now it never will. Stellantis called them to let them know all of the vehicles they had coming to their store were on a train that derailed yesterday morning (8 July) and that they totaled out every single vehicle on the train to include my truck and at least 12 other 2500s bound for their store.

Long story short, they had another allocation built exactly the same down to the dollar and smallest option and my guy swapped my deposit onto it for me. I’ll just have to wait another month or so for it to show up.

Anyone hear about any car carriers derailing yesterday? Seems this happened in or near Washington state, but I can’t find any news about it anywhere yet. Cars bound for Alaska all pass through Kent, WA and get loaded on a ship in Tacoma bound for Anchorage. Transit takes about 4-6 days on the high seas.
Sorry to hear about your truck..... I'm in Anchorage too. What dealership did you order from? I ended up placing an order from Mark Dodge in LA because none of the dealers here wanted to play ball other than MSRP. I will be flying down next week and driving my truck to Seattle to put it on the boat to Anchorage. Have you called Stellantis and fact checked the dealers story? I am not saying they are liars, but I have lost faith in the dealers here in town. I also think you could possibly get a better deal out of state. Dennis Dillion might be an option if you don't want to go as far as I am.

matemike

Reaction score
Thought I'd never say this, but I'm KZX!!! That was a long @$$ process. I got pretty lucky that it shipped about a week after it was produced. I hope all the remaining 2021 orders see their trucks in short order. I'll be picking up later this week and post pics. Don't post much but been reading the thread from the start and lot of great information shared so I'll keep lurking. Thanks to you folks that spend your personal time tracking and helping everyone out!

View attachment 40877
NICE!
I ordered 3 days after you. NG227732

227732-226977=755
So I guess I was just 755 trucks behind yours.

Mine was built March 8th though, and it shipped just 9 days after yours. Hopefully it is delivered just 9 days after yours. Trying to get it before August.

Did you get the call or e-mail from MD yet, or just see Delivered on the tracker?

kleinma

Reaction score
NICE!
I ordered 3 days after you. NG227732

227732-226977=755
So I guess I was just 755 trucks behind yours.

Mine was built March 8th though, and it shipped just 9 days after yours. Hopefully it is delivered just 9 days after yours. Trying to get it before August.

Did you get the call or e-mail from MD yet, or just see Delivered on the tracker?
I've been in touch with Aaron at MD since the end of last week as my original delivery date was 7/4 and then it changed to TBD. We talked on Friday after I noticed the tracker updated delivery date to 7/9 and he told me it delivered the night before. Now it's a race to get it through PDI and into financing before I show up on Thursday....fingers crossed it will be ready.

USNavyEOD

Reaction score
I ordered the same unicorn on 02/03/22. Not built yet. Tentative build scheduled for 07/11/22. I am very doubtful it is built in July. I am feeling like slipping to 2023.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
I've been in touch with Aaron at MD since the end of last week as my original delivery date was 7/4 and then it changed to TBD. We talked on Friday after I noticed the tracker updated delivery date to 7/9 and he told me it delivered the night before. Now it's a race to get it through PDI and into financing before I show up on Thursday....fingers crossed it will be ready.
Well tell him to get going on mine while your picking yours up ….. pretty please..

Bombaman

Reaction score
Bunch of Photos from Port Allen today at ~1pm

I don't recommended to take photos where I did, the place where you need to take them to get a good view of the yard is a very sketch I10 onramp :p

Attachments

• 20220709_145521.jpg
    20220709_145521.jpg
    478.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 20220709_145519.jpg
    20220709_145519.jpg
    513.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 20220709_125437.jpg
    20220709_125437.jpg
    570.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 20220709_125435.jpg
    20220709_125435.jpg
    613 KB · Views: 78
  • 20220709_125434.jpg
    20220709_125434.jpg
    659.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 20220709_125432.jpg
    20220709_125432.jpg
    606.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 20220709_125430.jpg
    20220709_125430.jpg
    602.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 20220709_125429.jpg
    20220709_125429.jpg
    605.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 20220709_125427.jpg
    20220709_125427.jpg
    591.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Bunch of Photos from Port Allen today at ~1pm

I don't recommended to take photos where I did, the place where you need to take them to get a good view of the yard is a very sketch I10 onramp :p
Well after zooming in each picture and looking I don’t see mine. I did think the black dually on the back of the transport was it but has the wrong wheels… Maybe it’s at MD ..

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, so somebody has a surprise coming soon. Spotted these fellers on a hot-shot headed north on 85 just outside Atlanta. My wonderful passenger snapped a picture for possible identification.

View attachment 40851

A good friend ordered a C8 Vette. Around the time it was due in, another friend of his called him and said he saw a transport heading south on I25 through Denver with a load of Vettes. He hopped in his ride, and intercepted it a few blocks from the dealer. Sure enough, his Vette was on the trailer. Sadly, it was a Saturday and they need something crazy like 3 days to prep the car and he was going out of town on Sunday. He didn't' pick up his C8 for three weeks due to scheduling.

Slamman18Z

Reaction score
MD said my truck would arrive at Port Allen on 7/9 and according to Norfolk Southern the train arrived at 10:26 PM. Looks like there were a lot trucks in the photos @Bombaman posted so it will probably be the 2-3 weeks that Renae said before the truck gets to the dealership. Almost out of the tunnel and getting ready to put the sunglasses on.

DMORRIS24

Reaction score
His could go through Chicago, yours could also or stay farther south and go to Detroit.
I am one of the fortunate few this time around. My Laramie arrived at the dealer in just over 3 months. The lack of information about where the trucks are and why they are sitting around just sucks. Hope things get better for you guys soon!
1657449178524.png
Didn't get too carried away with options: Cold weather group, 5th wheel gooseneck prep, Auto Level Rear suspension. bedliner , bucket seats and running lights.

2500Ram

Reaction score
I am one of the fortunate few this time around. My Laramie arrived at the dealer in just over 3 months. The lack of information about where the trucks are and why they are sitting around just sucks. Hope things get better for you guys soon!
View attachment 40902
Didn't get too carried away with options: Cold weather group, 5th wheel gooseneck prep, Auto Level Rear suspension. bedliner , bucket seats and running lights.
I did get carried away with options and my truck was built in about the same time frame as yours...but it got marooned on an island somewhere in Middle America. Bet you didn't know there are desolate islands in Middle America.

DMORRIS24

Reaction score
I did get carried away with options and my truck was built in about the same time frame as yours...but it got marooned on an island somewhere in Middle America. Bet you didn't know there are desolate islands in Middle America.
Yep! Lil islands full of lost Ram's everywhere...........

gator6

Reaction score
Omg the comments made my day. The old man jb step wait had me in stitches for a while.

Round is a shape, all in good fun and what I like to call RA meeting (Ram's Anonymous), we help each other out.

Drinks and hanging out, I'm down for the cause for sure, I have coolers, Ice and Walmart, also RV park Down the street and a bunch more close-by. You guys come down l'll get the beer and cigars.

Nothing fancier than outdoors, Drinking and 2A. There is even a county run open range.

It would be a pleasure to be in y'all's company.

My wife calls them single man steps, cause only single men could afford them!

So of course they were the one option my wife told me to put on the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread