Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

killborn

Reaction score
As explained to me by my dealer months ago, when you are D1, your "scheduled" ship date is your ship date to the next step in the process, which in your case would be your build. Since that date has come and gone, it only means you have been slipped to a new "ship"/build date. Mine slipped 3 times (5/1, 5/13, 5/15) before it was finally built 5/18.
Dealer just provided this updated ship date which has also come and gone over the weekend:Estimated Ship Date: 2022-06-19 1:59 AM

Stacie S.

Reaction score
Texted our salesman today because the truck was delivered to the Port of Baton Rouge 3 weeks 1 day ago. The port is literally 20-30 minutes from the dealership. Going on vacation tomorrow through Sunday, so told them any time after that would be good for us. I just want to make sure it won't sit there for another 3 weeks. We need to break it in before a trip at the end of August where we will be towing our camper all the way to Kentucky (Mammoth Cave area).
Y'all are not gonna believe this! Our salesman called me this morning after checking to see why it has been nearly a month since the truck got to the Port of Baton Rouge in Port Allen and has not been delivered to the dealer yet. Well, seems that the keys to 200 new vehicles at the port were stolen!!! So, the manufacturers of those vehicles have to send new keys and the locks have to be reprogrammed. However, the good news is that the truck will be at the dealer this week and ready for pickup with the new keys and reprogrammed locks (done by dealer). No wonder it was taking so long. Took our salesman calling the port because the port certainly didn't let any of the dealers know what was going on.

Big Baloo

Reaction score
I’ve been driving my 2500 mega cab 4x4 for a couple of weeks now. I’m wondering what do you guys run on tire pressure when not towing?
For what it's worth....
I do a lot of work for "Michelin".
Their engineers have told me to use their tire pressure recommendations they have on the sidewall for best wear, mileage, and loading.
The vehicle manufacturers recommendation in the door jamb is for most comfort and handling, according to the truck's suspension.

At least that is what the "Michelin" engineers are telling me, and I have never had issues with tire failure using their recommended pressures.

Hope this helps

Big Baloo

Reaction score
Sorry,

Forgot to me
For what it's worth....
Their engineers have told me to use their tire pressure recommendations they have on the sidewall for best wear, mileage, and loading.
The vehicle manufacturers recommendation in the door jamb is for most comfort and handling, according to the truck's suspension.

At least that is what the "Michelin" engineers are telling me, and I have never had issues with tire failure using their recommended pressures.

Hope this helps
Sorry, forgot to mention... Test/fill your tire when cold, before you start driving.
Not after driving.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Y'all are not gonna believe this! Our salesman called me this morning after checking to see why it has been nearly a month since the truck got to the Port of Baton Rouge in Port Allen and has not been delivered to the dealer yet. Well, seems that the keys to 200 new vehicles at the port were stolen!!! So, the manufacturers of those vehicles have to send new keys and the locks have to be reprogrammed. However, the good news is that the truck will be at the dealer this week and ready for pickup with the new keys and reprogrammed locks (done by dealer). No wonder it was taking so long. Took our salesman calling the port because the port certainly didn't let any of the dealers know what was going on.
If I had a quarter everytime........

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
For what it's worth....

Hope this helps
And that's how the old Explorer tire debacle started.

BrodieH

Reaction score
Ok, this time my sales rep did not understand my frustration, I moved from D1 to D? He confirmed it, so confused...

--CANADA BUILD WEEKLY UPDATE--
Ram 3500 4x4 SRW MC Limited NE - Cummins HO - Air Suspension - Level 1 Group

I ask my sales person every Thursday for an update, this is my log
BA - 12/20/21 (Initial Order Date)
BG - 1/4/22
BX - 1/13/22
BX - 1/20/22
BG - 1/27/22
BG - 2/3/22
BG - 2/10/22
BG - 2/17/22
BG - 2/26/22
BG - 3/3/22
BG - 3/10/22
BG - 3/18/22
BG - 3/24/22
BG - 3/31/22
BG - 4/7/22
BG - 4/14/22
BX - 4/21/22
BG - 4/28/22
D - 5/5/22
D - 5/12/22
D - 5/19/22
D1 - 5/24/22
D1 - 5/26/22 (Estimated Ship 6/30)
D1 - 6/2/22 (Estimated Ship 6/30)
D1 - 6/9/22 (Estimated Ship 6/30)
D - 6/16/22 (Estimated Ship 7/1

right there with ya. Seeing all the loaded US orders get completed and delivered in ~2 months is a kick in the OO's

Ok, this time my sales rep did not understand my frustration, I moved from D1 to D? He confirmed it, so confused...

--CANADA BUILD WEEKLY UPDATE--
Ram 3500 4x4 SRW MC Limited NE - Cummins HO - Air Suspension - Level 1 Group

I ask my sales person every Thursday for an update, this is my log
BA - 12/20/21 (Initial Order Date)
BG - 1/4/22
BX - 1/13/22
BX - 1/20/22
BG - 1/27/22
BG - 2/3/22
BG - 2/10/22
BG - 2/17/22
BG - 2/26/22
BG - 3/3/22
BG - 3/10/22
BG - 3/18/22
BG - 3/24/22
BG - 3/31/22
BG - 4/7/22
BG - 4/14/22
BX - 4/21/22
BG - 4/28/22
D - 5/5/22
D - 5/12/22
D - 5/19/22
D1 - 5/24/22
D1 - 5/26/22 (Estimated Ship 6/30)
D1 - 6/2/22 (Estimated Ship 6/30)
D1 - 6/9/22 (Estimated Ship 6/30)
D - 6/16/22 (Estimated Ship 7/1)
Right there with ya, pretty close anyways (Feb 4). Seeing all the loaded limited US orders get completed and delivered in ~2 months is a kick in the OO's considering the options that are "restricted"...apparently.....

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
For what it's worth....

Hope this helps
We sell tires and that’s what I tell every customer. I still have some that argue the door sticker but I explain to them the tire manufacturer built the tire not the car company and you run what they stamped on the tire

2022grey

Reaction score
I’m a US order not built yet or scheduled ordered 2/04 -22 vin # 3C63R3ML2NG268812 was a D1 my dealer now says am atC

CTow

Reaction score
Go to Costco for free nitrogen fill it it doesn’t expand as much as air used on airplanes

Users who are viewing this thread