Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Thisnthat

Reaction score
Haha, we’ll, she gave me an amazing sale price, so I called the dealership I ordered it from, and they were willing to reduce the price to 1% below invoice in order to keep the sale! I got really lucky, I would have still saved around 2k if I ordered from MD, but I decided to stay with the original dealer. Thanks guys!

noticed that they also made it a point to circle the disclaimer down at the bottom of the page.

not trying to persuade you to move down the road and order from somewhere else, but I'd ask if they are applying for price protection on your order....which means if the MSRP goes up between now and when it's actually built, you still only pay the initially agreed upon amount. My MSRP went up almost $3k from Dec-mid Feb....

Mark Dodge and Granger both have price protection where as long as you complete financing within a few days of the truck arriving, you don't have to worry about the possible price increase.

Granted the end of the model year is closing in so maybe Ram won't be increasing any of the base MSRP / options but just a thought you may want to consider...

They are giving you the 1% under invoice because you joined tread lightly which gives them a kickback for selling at the affiliate price - whereas Mark Dodge will knock off another $500 if you use the affiliate program even though they'll be selling a couple grand less than affiliate...

nothing wrong with sticking with the local guy...good luck

Drsuperfly

Reaction score
Boy, Great! Driving onto base I’ve never noticed how narrow the inner lanes are, I switched as soon as I approached, and no issues. Today I took it through the base pharmacy drive-thru, even tighter with a tight curve leading in. I don’t think the lady behind me thought I’d make it cause she stayed way back.

I do wish you could adjust the display though. The bottom half of the screen becomes an option for your camera selection while the top half splits into overhead on the left and forward view on the right. You’ll see, it’s great, I just think they could’ve made better use of the large screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I totally agree on the screen preferences. I also have the exact interior in my 2020 Ram 1500 longhorn and have the 12“ screen as well and I agree that it is awesome and such but have said and thought so many times that with all that space, things could have been laid out much better. I have often wanted( while in surround view mode) there would be a button you could touch and it make the full screen the aerial view for when in tight spots. One place I would like to use it is when I come back and get in my truck say at Lowes’s parking lot or any parking lot because people are notorious for parking a cart right up next to your truck, many times in such a way that when in a tall truck you may not even see it. The surround view, I have gotten in a habit of checking before I move in such places for that very reason. It has saved me a dent or two many times I am sure of. I put the surround view icon on my quick buttons row at the bottom of my screen in order to do that quickly. I kinda wish they gave us more quick buttons as well. Maybe small rows up each side as well or even all the way around. Just a thought. The aerial view is my favorite view in almost any situation and seems to help with accuracy in even pulling up close to something in front or behind you as well as on your sides. If it were able to make that view as big as possible, I would find that to be very helpful.

Last edited:

Matthewhibbs

Reaction score
noticed that they also made it a point to circle the disclaimer down at the bottom of the page.

not trying to persuade you to move down the road and order from somewhere else, but I'd ask if they are applying for price protection on your order....which means if the MSRP goes up between now and when it's actually built, you still only pay the initially agreed upon amount. My MSRP went up almost $3k from Dec-mid Feb....

Mark Dodge and Granger both have price protection where as long as you complete financing within a few days of the truck arriving, you don't have to worry about the possible price increase.

Granted the end of the model year is closing in so maybe Ram won't be increasing any of the base MSRP / options but just a thought you may want to consider...

They are giving you the 1% under invoice because you joined tread lightly which gives them a kickback for selling at the affiliate price - whereas Mark Dodge will knock off another $500 if you use the affiliate program even though they'll be selling a couple grand less than affiliate...

nothing wrong with sticking with the local guy...good luck
No, I agree. They were originally offering invoice price to keep my business, but when I told them about the affiliate program membership they said that that would benefit us both, 1% for me, and 1% for them, so I told them we’ll go with that. This dealership has taken care of me since I had a Durango, then a 17 Cummins, my girlfriends Jeep, and now ordering a new truck. I spoke with the sales manager, as my salesman was out for the day, and he even texted me the new pricing information that they would honor. They do offer price protection, as well as incentive protection, if the incentives now are better than when the truck is delivered. I don’t mind paying a little bit more to keep it local and not have to reorder. If I didn’t have a good relationship with this dealer, I would have went to MD for the savings. They were really confused about how MD was able to offer EP and still make $$

NightTrain

Reaction score
Tracking Ships? Anyone know what port a truck being delivered to Philadelphia area would dock at?

Do they share ships with BMW? Also, curious how do they get from arrival port to dealer 40 miles away?

My latest status is "Sitting at Port Altamira"
I presume my truck is waiting on a ship.
To go to Pennsylvania ...only a 1,700 mile drive.. They're taking a ship?!

I'd like to do a little investigating of ship schedules to see when car ships are leaving Altamira and arriving at... Phila.? Trenton? I don't even know where ports are.. thought I'd ask before figuring this out since someone probably has.

A few of our trucks are sitting under the 'dropped pin' on the photo below... (or I'd like to imagine since it's not a real time image)

View attachment 36362
You can look up the ship schedule for Port Altamira here.... https://www.atpaltamira.com.mx/en/servicio-a-clientes/itinerario-de-buques/
You can sort the "load" type - you want to look at the RORO schedule. This will give you ships due in, arrived and departure times too. You can then look at this website to track ships.... https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-12.0/centery:25.0/zoom:4
If you enter your ship name in the search box it will give you it's current location and ETA to next port but it's limited for free accounts. If you want more detailed info, you'll need to sign up for a paid membership.

Your order would unload at either Baltimore/Dundalk, MD or NJ/NY - my guess would be MD. Good luck - I've been waiting almost 2 months now for a boat ride out of Mexico.

NightTrain

Reaction score
You can look up the ship schedule for Port Altamira here.... https://www.atpaltamira.com.mx/en/servicio-a-clientes/itinerario-de-buques/
You can sort the "load" type - you want to look at the RORO schedule. This will give you ships due in, arrived and departure times too. You can then look at this website to track ships.... https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-12.0/centery:25.0/zoom:4
If you enter your ship name in the search box it will give you it's current location and ETA to next port but it's limited for free accounts. If you want more detailed info, you'll need to sign up for a paid membership.

Your order would unload at either Baltimore/Dundalk, MD or NJ/NY - my guess would be MD. Good luck - I've been waiting almost 2 months now for a boat ride out of Mexico.
BTW - the MSC Cristiana loaded in Altamira last week and unloaded in Baltimore yesterday - now in route to RI. When the tracking system is back up online, you might want to reach out to your dealer to see if there's an update on your order.

NightTrain

Reaction score
They will use Wilhelmsen or K-Line for the shipping company
FYI - all the Kline schedules go direct to Port Davisville (RI) from Altamira before heading off to Europe. Hope my order makes it on the ship in Altamira this week - the next ship isn't due in until the middle of May.

Attachments

• Kline RORO Schedule.JPG
    Kline RORO Schedule.JPG
    273.6 KB · Views: 38

buzzuti

Reaction score
View attachment 36358
Hey guys, this is the first time I’ve ordered a new truck. Can you guys help me out with information on getting the best price possible? Im not employed at an affiliate company, but would like suggestions on how to reduce the price as much as possible, and no I didn’t order more than I can afford, just want to save as much as I can.
I would say, no.
Take a look at my window sticker here,
$91k 3500 Laramie DRW HO with much more than yours and I paid $79k with Mark Dodge.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 36358
Hey guys, this is the first time I’ve ordered a new truck. Can you guys help me out with information on getting the best price possible? Im not employed at an affiliate company, but would like suggestions on how to reduce the price as much as possible, and no I didn’t order more than I can afford, just want to save as much as I can.

I’d recommend shopping around. As posted above, that price seems really high. I ordered a fully loaded (every option but the sunroof) 3500 CC LB DRW HO 4WD Limited Longhorn Level 1 for $83,877 + tax at my local dealer. There are certainly much better deals to be had. Even if you have to travel, the savings from the better pricing will more than offset the travel expenses.

0924MT

Reaction score
New here. Just checking on my build. Just been going through ram chat at the moment. Seemed to be in G status last time I checked..looked like there was a couple guys on here that were able to dig deeper than the chat/dealer? Thank you.
Vin..3C6UR5DL4NG274238
Ordered 2/11.
2500 Bighorn 6.7 4x4 crew cab.

0924MT

Reaction score
@0924MT , check this with your VIN. You have an equipment listing...the truck has been built.

I guess from there
Thanks for the help! I'd say it takes alitte bit? I'm guessing I won't see it show up till June? Sounds like the build isn't the problem, it's the wait to ship and deliver huh?

IowaPW

Reaction score
I guess from there

Thanks for the help! I'd say it takes alitte bit? I'm guessing I won't see it show up till June? Sounds like the build isn't the problem, it's the wait to ship and deliver huh?
Many window stickers show within a day or two from the equipment listing. Others have been a few more days.

P.A.

Reaction score
Haha, we’ll, she gave me an amazing sale price, so I called the dealership I ordered it from, and they were willing to reduce the price to 1% below invoice in order to keep the sale! I got really lucky, I would have still saved around 2k if I ordered from MD, but I decided to stay with the original dealer. Thanks guys!
That's great! Are you from Oklahoma? What city? I am from OKC and ordered from MD. Flying out Tues to pick up. I went to several dealerships in my area and they wouldn't touch it. Glad you found one who at least gets somewhat close. Good luck!

P.A.

Reaction score
Many window stickers show within a day or two from the equipment listing. Others have been a few more days.
Actually my window sticker didn't show up for 2-3 weeks. Not until after it had left on the train.

gator6

Reaction score
How is the resolution on the screen with surround view cameras.

Here’s a pic…

d87bbbb0b49583a974eb16bee609d05b.jpg

gator6

Reaction score
I totally agree on the screen preferences. I also have the exact interior in my 2020 Ram 1500 longhorn and have the 12“ screen as well and I agree that it is awesome and such but have said and thought so many times that with all that space, things could have been laid out much better. I have often wanted( while in surround view mode) there would be a button you could touch and it make the full screen the aerial view for when in tight spots. One place I would like to use it is when I come back and get in my truck say at Lowes’s parking lot or any parking lot because people are notorious for parking a cart right up next to your truck, many times in such a way that when in a tall truck you may not even see it. The surround view, I have gotten in a habit of checking before I move in such places for that very reason. It has saved me a dent or two many times I am sure of. I put the surround view icon on my quick buttons row at the bottom of my screen in order to do that quickly. I kinda wish they gave us more quick buttons as well. Maybe small rows up each side as well or even all the way around. Just a thought. The aerial view is my favorite view in almost any situation and seems to help with accuracy in even pulling up close to something in front or behind you as well as on your sides. If it were able to make that view as big as possible, I would find that to be very helpful.

I need to learn how to use the quick buttons, that would help so much instead of digging though the options to get to the surround camera

Users who are viewing this thread