Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

AFF

Reaction score
thank you! I am just more worried that they scratched my bumper trying to pry/remove the factory plugs and installing this stupid front plate or chipping the paint snapping that bracket in! Its always the little things that you didnt even think of or think could be an issue, end up being the issue! They literally asked me if they should install the winter front too, asked if I wanted the mud flaps installed (law here), but dont ask for a a useless front plate thats not needed here. So mind boggled. I will be more relaxed knowing there is no damage lol. Trying not to be a Karen, but geeze $106,000 truck, the less they touch it in anyway the better

I took mine off at the dealership and handed it back to them. It didn't scratch anything. The pic in my profile pic with it on is from before I owned the truck.

IowaPW

Reaction score
Has anyone else looked over the end of their EL and seen a line item that reads:
  • Special Scheduling Condition VII
I'd venture to say that all sold orders from this forum have that on their ELs.

Basser53

Reaction score
The wait times are not trim specific, but option specific. The more options that go into your truck, the more variables you put in for delays to occur. The quickest trucks out the shoot at the moment have had the Hemi engine option. I believe a guy here in the last few pages mentioned he had ordered and accepted delivery in just over 7 weeks...recently too I might add.
I don't think it's worth trying to figure out ,I'm sure it's there computer system that looks a parts available and what trucks they can build.. if there computer system is anything like what we have at my chrysler plant it's screwed up..

dynocompe

Reaction score
I took mine off at the dealership and handed it back to them. It didn't scratch anything. The pic in my profile pic with it on is from before I owned the truck.
in 2019 the trucks didnt come with black plugs where the screws go, so i have in my head those plugs were in the bumper, and i imagine not easy to get out, so prying those plugs out is where i am scared my damage would come from. Prying tight plugs on fresh paint to free the holes to install this bracket, my mind doesnt process that well lol. But i have never seen such plugs, i didnt know they even existed, since my 19 never had them. This is just from the salesman saying it come with plugs in the holes.

Reactions: AFF

dynocompe

Reaction score
Just got an update from the dealer, my lower black plastic valence does have two screw holes in it now. They never took the bracket off yet to check for paint damage, doing it now. They have offered to replace valence and paint to match screw hole covers. I am not worried about paint to match screw hole covers, just want undamaged paint, so we will see! I pray its not damaged. Said their new apprentice installed the cover and installed the longer screws. He said they normally would not screw into the lower valence, but he didnt know. Who knows. Also said, if there is damage from prying off bumper hole caps, they will fix it. it almost sounded like they think its going to be damaged as he said those plugs can be hard to get out:(. My response if hard to get out, wouldnt it be better to leave them in there then damaging a bumper? Truck would of been perfect, no need to be dealing with this, shouldnt be an issue. Cant believe they would screw into a $106,000 truck without asking

Last edited:

dynocompe

Reaction score
sorry for all the comments, but I want to give the final update. All is good! Zero paint damage! The plastic has screw holes but they are replacing it. Never had to ask! Paying for my fuel to come back too! (they never had my upgraded tires in stock when i ordered the truck either) They have been great in dealing with this. I am very happy now and very much relieved that no paint damage and how they treated this! Plastic is easy to fix, paint is never the same in my past experiences! So don’t have to deal with that!! My only worry was paint damage, and its not! . thanks for listening to my Karen venting! Lol

Attachments

• D47534D4-920C-4EC1-9136-695C79153915.jpeg
    D47534D4-920C-4EC1-9136-695C79153915.jpeg
    817.6 KB · Views: 71
  • F5A30DDD-06F8-4700-87BE-C32F8368AFA4.jpeg
    F5A30DDD-06F8-4700-87BE-C32F8368AFA4.jpeg
    682.4 KB · Views: 71

Scubaz66

Reaction score
This is for some of the Newbies and those who haven't already done a Spray in Bed Liner. Thought I'd save myself a couple hundred dollars and have my Spray in Bed Liner done locally. I was told the company does an excellent job and guarantees their work. They actually did an excellent job of Spraying in the Bed Liner however, when they pulled it out of the stall they had a couple guys spray the truck off with water. The problem is the water is hard water and anyone who lives in places like AZ where the water is hard, knows to not allow the water to sit on the vehicle because it will leave nasty lime deposits as it bakes and air dries in the sun. I attached the below picture of the roof of my truck for an example, but the entire truck was covered in water spot to include anywhere water could enter the vehicle like under the hood and in the door jams.

YES! I had a hissy fit with the manager! He said he would talk with the guys but, he said it will wash off. Yeah Right! I told him his guys would never touch my truck again. I just spent the entire day, 14 hours, buffing out my paint again. Thank the Lord I Ceramic coated my paint before I did the bed liner. I believe the ceramic coating did indeed help protect the paint from the nasty lime deposits damaging my clear coat. We are expecting 8-12 inches of snow tonight and I still have my wheels to do because I ran out of sunlight. At least the sun won't be out baking the water spots on my wheels.

Do yourself a favor and allow RAM to do the Spray in Bed Liner.

Attachments

• IMG_1640.jpg
    IMG_1640.jpg
    526.1 KB · Views: 95

dynocompe

Reaction score
This is for some of the Newbies and those who haven't already done a Spray in Bed Liner. Thought I'd save myself a couple hundred dollars and have my Spray in Bed Liner done locally. I was told the company does an excellent job and guarantees their work. They actually did an excellent job of Spraying in the Bed Liner however, when they pulled it out of the stall they had a couple guys spray the truck off with water. The problem is the water is hard water and anyone who lives in places like AZ where the water is hard, knows to not allow the water to sit on the vehicle because it will leave nasty lime deposits as it bakes and air dries in the sun. I attached the below picture of the roof of my truck for an example, but the entire truck was covered in water spot to include anywhere water could enter the vehicle like under the hood and in the door jams.

YES! I had a hissy fit with the manager! He said he would talk with the guys but, he said it will wash off. Yeah Right! I told him his guys would never touch my truck again. I just spent the entire day, 14 hours, buffing out my paint again. Thank the Lord I Ceramic coated my paint before I did the bed liner. I believe the ceramic coating did indeed help protect the paint from the nasty lime deposits damaging my clear coat. We are expecting 8-12 inches of snow tonight and I still have my wheels to do because I ran out of sunlight. At least the sun won't be out baking the water spots on my wheels.

that sucks man, its always the little things that you wouldnt imagine being a problem, are. If they are washing customer vehicles on the regular you would think they would have a water filtration system if the water is that bad! ! I would be pissed too. The factory spray in bedliner is about as cheap as you will pay around here. Would not be saving money geting it done after

matemike

Reaction score

Dang that water is HARD! I really hope it all buffed out for ya! I'm a little happier I went with a light (white) color after seeing that mess.
The spray-in bed liner business is totally to blame for the incompetence, but it seems like that could have happened anywhere that is providing a service to your truck involving water; such a car wash, detail place or even the ceramic coating place.

matemike

Reaction score
The factory spray in bedliner is about as cheap as you will pay around here. Would not be saving money geting it done after

I got rhino spray-in lining in an old truck and I was happy with it, held up after 9 years of abuse.

I went with a factory/dealer liner in a gm truck that I ordered in 2009. It gouged and peeled up from sliding an empty pallet into my truck bed. The liner was less than a year old at the time and it only got worse from there. Traded that truck in 2011.

The 2011 truck is my current truck and I got a spray in x-liner in it when brand new. 11 years now. The liner liner color is dull, but the integrity is still flawless.

So history tells me to stay away from dealer/factory spray-in liners and go with an aftermarket big name brand. But I decided to go with simplicity for this Ram truck that I have ordered,

I hope this mopar liner holds up.

Jsrunnlus

Reaction score
Odd, I had tried to get my EL the other day to verify LL deploying steps (not on my sticker), and it wasn’t populating. It's there today, and I tried manually inputting your VIN for a search. I know that when my truck was still D1 and I did an EL search it populated with something along the lines of "No records found corresponding to the VIN provided" which eventually moved to something like "information unavailable for this VIN".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like what I have been watching for as well. When I did the Build & Price the deployable step was there and cab length chrome step board populated. Noted to the dealer that it populated and would not remove during the ordering process. He mentioned that LL 1 package has the deployable step so it will not appear as a line item. Previous trucks had the deployable step and it was one option I thought I would just simply add them after the fact on my current truck. One thing it wasn't was simple.

Jsrunnlus

Reaction score
I got rhino spray-in lining in an old truck and I was happy with it, held up after 9 years of abuse.

I went with a factory/dealer liner in a gm truck that I ordered in 2009. It gouged and peeled up from sliding an empty pallet into my truck bed. The liner was less than a year old at the time and it only got worse from there. Traded that truck in 2011.

The 2011 truck is my current truck and I got a spray in x-liner in it when brand new. 11 years now. The liner liner color is dull, but the integrity is still flawless.

So history tells me to stay away from dealer/factory spray-in liners and go with an aftermarket big name brand. But I decided to go with simplicity for this Ram truck that I have ordered,

I hope this mopar liner holds up.
I can't speak on the 2022 (yet) but my 2019 has the factory spray-in and I've been known to put a pallet of concrete mix back there and they typically use the forklift to slide it forward for the tailgate to close. While it hasn't hurt the liner I can't say the same for the trim rings on the gooseneck pucks.

DebH

Reaction score
I can't speak on the 2022 (yet) but my 2019 has the factory spray-in and I've been known to put a pallet of concrete mix back there and they typically use the forklift to slide it forward for the tailgate to close. While it hasn't hurt the liner I can't say the same for the trim rings on the gooseneck pucks.
That's why I keep a heavy rubber mat made for horse stalls in the back of my truck. We purchase weekly both shavings and horse feed by the pallet.

gator6

Reaction score
Sounds like what I have been watching for as well. When I did the Build & Price the deployable step was there and cab length chrome step board populated. Noted to the dealer that it populated and would not remove during the ordering process. He mentioned that LL 1 package has the deployable step so it will not appear as a line item. Previous trucks had the deployable step and it was one option I thought I would just simply add them after the fact on my current truck. One thing it wasn't was simple.

I know the headache! DRWs come with chrome steps, I could NOT remove them either. When I added LL Level 1 the chrome vanished on the image in exchange for the deployable steps, still the option for chrome was still selected. There were two steps assigned to my build and the cheaper option was set to cancel out the deployable steps.

Luckily I noticed it and asked questions here early in my build and got it taken care of. I checked the EL when it came out, definitely there. When the sticker came out, the LL Level 1 pkg is listed and broken down into only a few of its options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Dang that water is HARD! I really hope it all buffed out for ya! I'm a little happier I went with a light (white) color after seeing that mess.
The spray-in bed liner business is totally to blame for the incompetence, but it seems like that could have happened anywhere that is providing a service to your truck involving water; such a car wash, detail place or even the ceramic coating place.
Most automatic car washes finish the process with Reverse osmosis as the final rinse, to make sure that the car will dry without spots. Even Self Serve Car Washes have Spot Free Rinse so if you fail to use it the problem is on you. As far as Ceramic Coating, if I paid several hundred dollars to have my paint Ceramic coated and they left my truck like this, I'd shut them down. Even a dealership knows to not to do this. The problem is pure laziness on the part of the workers and piss poor management. You can't hire $7 an hour employees to take care of a $68K vehicle because they have no concept.

Users who are viewing this thread