Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heated seat issues

CurtJ

Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with their heated seats just being Luke warm on the highest setting? Have a case opened for this issue and dealership said they checked it out and all is normal. Said they shot it with a heat gun and the temp of the seats were 90 degrees on high setting. This is on a 2019 2500 BigHorn cloth seats. I just don’t see this as “normal”. They tell me it all depends on what the temperature is outside and that determines how hot the seats will get.....:-/........really? My buddy’s new Chevy Silverado Z71 has leather seats and they get so hot on high you can’t leave it there very long. No matter what the temp outside is!!!!!

CurtJ

Reaction score
I think mine is too hot on the lowest setting. If I turn it on, I only leave it on low for a little while.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I’ve have had both seats on for a solid 2 hours on a trip and neither seat got hot, Luke warm was it. Turned them down to low after 2 hours and you couldn’t feel a thing. That was riding in jeans and a long sleeve shirt. Dealer says it’s “normal” I say their WRONG! But, like I said.......what can I do? RAM customer care didn’t even get anywhere, and I had to postpone another trip to the dealer due to my chemo treatments. Guess Ram customer care wants them to tear into the wiring and modules.......:-0 I can’t do without the truck that long, so I guess I will just have to live with it at this point......:-(

@JC

Reaction score
I’ve have had both seats on for a solid 2 hours on a trip and neither seat got hot, Luke warm was it. Turned them down to low after 2 hours and you couldn’t feel a thing. That was riding in jeans and a long sleeve shirt. Dealer says it’s “normal” I say their WRONG! But, like I said.......what can I do? RAM customer care didn’t even get anywhere, and I had to postpone another trip to the dealer due to my chemo treatments. Guess Ram customer care wants them to tear into the wiring and modules.......:-0 I can’t do without the truck that long, so I guess I will just have to live with it at this point......:-(
My Jeep GC was very hot on high and only used if it was sitting outside in sub-zero weather, low was perfect. Doesn't sound normal to me.

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
The seats should get quite warm. So warm (hot), in fact, that I typically have to bump them down to low after a few or four minutes. And it's the same routine regardless of OAT.

justlkn

Reaction score
Mine get smoking hot too...I can only use it for a short time.

CurtJ

Reaction score
This is exactly what I thought too!!!! Gonna give the dealership and RAM Customer care the ability to make it right before I do anything rash. I really in my heart don’t think just trading it for the seat issue is the proper way to handle this. I’m just frustrated by always getting the “it’s normal” answer. Thanks for the heads up everyone on your experiences, if they get if fixed I will post what they did!!!

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with their heated seats just being Luke warm on the highest setting? Have a case opened for this issue and dealership said they checked it out and all is normal. Said they shot it with a heat gun and the temp of the seats were 90 degrees on high setting. This is on a 2019 2500 BigHorn cloth seats. I just don’t see this as “normal”. They tell me it all depends on what the temperature is outside and that determines how hot the seats will get.....:-/........really? My buddy’s new Chevy Silverado Z71 has leather seats and they get so hot on high you can’t leave it there very long. No matter what the temp outside is!!!!!

I would think you might not even feel it as our body temp is around 98.6. How is it going to heat YOU up if it is colder than you are???? Just my opinion, I'm no engineer.

CurtJ

Reaction score
I would think you might not even feel it as our body temp is around 98.6. How is it going to heat YOU up if it is colder than you are???? Just my opinion, I'm no engineer.
That’s exactly right!!!! The dealership told me 90degrees was normal for the high setting. I’m no engineer either but have been blessed with good common sense. We’ll see what they all come up with!

Wileykid

Reaction score
Both my steering wheel and my seat max out at 94*. Not very impressed.

Buppies

Reaction score
Ours is too hot on high for very long low is the best. My wife’s Rover is almost identical

ahhhr

Reaction score
Leather seats here - mine are too hot to leave on high. Even low can be too warm for me.
Compare the temps with other trucks on the lot to see if its really normal.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score

If you decide to bring this to your dealer's attention, please be sure to keep us updated on findings. We are always a PM away if needed.

Mark
RamCares

CurtJ

Reaction score
Shot mine today with my laser heat thermometer and both seats registered 82.3 with the outside temp at 39 degrees and both seats were on high setting and the truck had ran for 30 minutes. No way that’s normal when our body temps are 98.6!!

litzdog911

Reaction score
Shot mine today with my laser heat thermometer and both seats registered 82.3 with the outside temp at 39 degrees and both seats were on high setting and the truck had ran for 30 minutes. No way that’s normal when our body temps are 98.6!!

Clearly it’s not working right.

bigcitymike

Reaction score
Glad to find this post. I also think my leather seats in my 2019 Laramie are warm at best on the highest setting. In my wife's Flex, leaving them on high will cook your boys good. I need to get a digital thermometer to see what the seats are warming up to. It's definitely not hot. I was quite underwhelmed the fist time I activated them.

Users who are viewing this thread