Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

NewGTGuy

Reaction score
Hello all.

Just got a call from the dealer. Our new 3500 CTD HO SRW Limited (VIN: 3C63R3SL6NG216134) is being built right now. It's in the trim shop today and will go to paint tomorrow. Hopefully it will ship this week. Real ETA once it goes to shipping status.

Order date: 12/2
D1 date: 2/1
Build date: 2/9
Ship date: ?

Vehicle:
2022 3500 LIMITED CREW CAB 4X4 (149 IN WB 6 FT 4 IN Box)

Package:
21M Customer Preferred Package 21M 0
ETM 6.7L I6 Cummins HO Turbo Diesel Eng 12,195
DF2 6-Spd Auto Aisin AS69RC HD Trans 0

Paint/Seat/Trim:
PXJ Diamond Black Crystal P/C 100 APA Monotone Paint 0
*UL Limited Leather Bucket Seats 0 -X9 Black 0

Options:
XXS Upfitter Electronic Module (VSIM) 345
XN1 Trailer Surround View Camera System 995
XH7 Tow-Mode Camera (Wired) 450
XG9 Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring Sys 445
XF7 Dual Alternators Rated at 440 Amps 295
XB2 RamBox Delete -490
SEB Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 1,705
MDN Mopar Bed Step - Deployable 365
GWA Power Sunroof 1,195
A69 Limited Level 1 Equipment Group 4,185
ASH Night Edition 1,095
AHU 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Towing Prep Grp 545
AD2 Snow Chief Group 255
ADE Cold Weather Group 145
ADB Protection Group 0
ACL DOT Certified Roadside Safety Kit 195 4NU

Take care!
-NewGTGuy

Cottondoc

Reaction score
17 weeks and no VIN for me so who knows.

Yeah I’m no expert as I haven’t followed this thread long. But I ordered my 2022 Ram 3500 tradesman a couple weeks ago and got a VIN literally the day after I ordered the truck with Mark Dodge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gator6

Reaction score
3 weeks from d1 to dealer lot is unrealistic IMO

I was told my truck went D1 on 1/31, and have a ship date of 3/3. MD is expecting a late March arrival if that holds true.

That would make about 8 weeks D1 to delivery, but mine is a Longhorn CC Max Tow Long Bed. The Hemis are moving faster if that’s the case.

Last edited:

Jmar

Reaction score
Well the golden goose has arrived.
Ordered 10/25
Built somewhere between 12/15-12/20
Shipped 1/05
Arrived at twin oaks PA rail yard on 1/25
Arrived at dealer 2/09.

Attachments

• EB8C6D0D-A15B-448A-9B3B-3096058B3B87.jpeg
    EB8C6D0D-A15B-448A-9B3B-3096058B3B87.jpeg
    289.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 4C0983F1-A54B-4416-9DA2-24771E03CC6C.jpeg
    4C0983F1-A54B-4416-9DA2-24771E03CC6C.jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 145322DC-29B3-4D5F-9A74-3943CFE02EB8.jpeg
    145322DC-29B3-4D5F-9A74-3943CFE02EB8.jpeg
    284.6 KB · Views: 85
  • D69EFCBD-F423-47A9-A61B-42DFE9FA7CAE.jpeg
    D69EFCBD-F423-47A9-A61B-42DFE9FA7CAE.jpeg
    592.6 KB · Views: 88

ACEd

Reaction score
i can officially say I have zero trust in my dealer. This week marks the 3rd week in a row I’ve asked him for an update with no response. So I called the dealership and got laughed at for asking if they could see any projected build dates for my order. Guy said he would call me back in 10 minutes and never did so I text my salesman and told him I had called the dealership and then he finally responds only to tell me he was off work and would check in the morning and call me. Then yet again this morning comes and still no call back.
That sucks - no excuse for that kind of treatment - but on the other side of the coin, if you ordered 12/30/21 and you have been calling them for 3 weeks, it may be a bit optimistic to expect much in terms of progress on your order as early as 2 to 3 weeks after you placed order. And as to projected build dates, they probably don't have much access to any realistic info yet.

Typically you can get a POC (Priced Order Confirmation) sheet from salesman - you should ask for this if you dont have it already. At top right it may have a Status (BG or D or if you are lucky D1) and an Estimated Ship Date. The Est Ship Date MEANS NOTHING AT THIS POINT so no one really bothers much with it.

As time progresses, you may get an updated POC with status change and new Est Ship date - once you are D1 status, the "Est Ship date" MAY be close to a "build date" (several have observed this, but no guarantee). But until it goes D1, all bets are off.

Once it is built, an Equipment List will be available on one or more of the sites referenced on Page 1 of this Forum and its status will change to JS. It may then go out for things like bedliner which may take a day or a week or more before it completes QC and gets Window Sticker (again see page 1) and it goes to KZ status ready to ship.

It then waits for a carload of trucks headed in your direction and gets loaded on train and heads north (or maybe you are unlucky and it goes by boat) From this point it may take several weeks on train and then after unloaded waiting to be trucked to your dealer. At this point, the Estimated Dates become ALMOST REAL - some have beat dates but more have had dates shifted to the right before truck was actually delivered to dealer.

In general, I think you will get more info from following this Forum than most dealers are used to accessing. And there seems to be a significant turnover in personnel and in many cases lack of sufficient training on the various brands and models, particularly if a salesman is doing Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, and maybe Fiat. That still does not excuse the kind of treatment you describe, but perhaps this forum will be helpful to you.

If you are completely dissatisfied with your dealer, there are several mentioned here that have provided excellent pricing and service to members of this forum - you are only 5 1/2 weeks in, maybe time to cancel and reorder from one of the dealers mentioned with favorable reports from forum members. And depending on the pricing you have, you may save money even if you lose a deposit.

Best, Ed

J-J

Reaction score
Anyone know what plant hold FSB would mean? I’m being told my order is saying something in that order but have no idea what that is
Hopefully it's not what I'm thinking Fsb in my world is Front side Bus....

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

gator6

Reaction score
i can officially say I have zero trust in my dealer. This week marks the 3rd week in a row I’ve asked him for an update with no response. So I called the dealership and got laughed at for asking if they could see any projected build dates for my order. Guy said he would call me back in 10 minutes and never did so I text my salesman and told him I had called the dealership and then he finally responds only to tell me he was off work and would check in the morning and call me. Then yet again this morning comes and still no call back.

Like Ed stated, that is horrible customer service. I will agree that, as much as my MD saleswoman has been, I’ve received more information on the process here than asking her directly.

What exactly did you build? The Gasser HDs are being pushed out faster than the Cummins since I’ve joined. Most Cummins orders take 7-9 weeks just to get to D1 status.

Swampfox

Reaction score
That sucks - no excuse for that kind of treatment - but on the other side of the coin, if you ordered 12/30/21 and you have been calling them for 3 weeks, it may be a bit optimistic to expect much in terms of progress on your order as early as 2 to 3 weeks after you placed order. And as to projected build dates, they probably don't have much access to any realistic info yet.

Typically you can get a POC (Priced Order Confirmation) sheet from salesman - you should ask for this if you dont have it already. At top right it may have a Status (BG or D or if you are lucky D1) and an Estimated Ship Date. The Est Ship Date MEANS NOTHING AT THIS POINT so no one really bothers much with it.

As time progresses, you may get an updated POC with status change and new Est Ship date - once you are D1 status, the "Est Ship date" MAY be close to a "build date" (several have observed this, but no guarantee). But until it goes D1, all bets are off.

Once it is built, an Equipment List will be available on one or more of the sites referenced on Page 1 of this Forum and its status will change to JS. It may then go out for things like bedliner which may take a day or a week or more before it completes QC and gets Window Sticker (again see page 1) and it goes to KZ status ready to ship.

It then waits for a carload of trucks headed in your direction and gets loaded on train and heads north (or maybe you are unlucky and it goes by boat) From this point it may take several weeks on train and then after unloaded waiting to be trucked to your dealer. At this point, the Estimated Dates become ALMOST REAL - some have beat dates but more have had dates shifted to the right before truck was actually delivered to dealer.

In general, I think you will get more info from following this Forum than most dealers are used to accessing. And there seems to be a significant turnover in personnel and in many cases lack of sufficient training on the various brands and models, particularly if a salesman is doing Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, and maybe Fiat. That still does not excuse the kind of treatment you describe, but perhaps this forum will be helpful to you.

If you are completely dissatisfied with your dealer, there are several mentioned here that have provided excellent pricing and service to members of this forum - you are only 5 1/2 weeks in, maybe time to cancel and reorder from one of the dealers mentioned with favorable reports from forum members. And depending on the pricing you have, you may save money even if you lose a deposit.

Best, Ed
The reason for my persistent pestering of my dealer is the fact that since I ordered the truck I have had zero information about the order or the process and always seem to be ignored. The only updates I have received since I ordered have been from brv10. I send my salesman a text at the beginning of every week because I feel like a weekly “hi how are you” is about normal down here in SC/GA. The 3 weeks has just been 3 weeks since my Monday text has been replied to. The reason for my questions about any kind of date is from the fact that I went D1 on 1/31 (again only know because brv10) and there is no dates listed which from what I can tell people usually get a “scheduled build date” when they go D1 but mine had no date so I called the dealer with questions. I understand that I am still early in the process and I don’t expect my truck now, but I do expect a timely response from the man that will be eager to take my money when the truck makes it to the lot.

pete2833

Reaction score
I’m starting to wonder if my fobs were stolen and that’s the reason it’s just sitting in lordstown.

If you find out that the FOBs were stolen, I would check the vehicle over for damage to make sure they didn't drag or push the truck around.

Swampfox

Reaction score
Like Ed stated, that is horrible customer service. I will agree that, as much as my MD saleswoman has been, I’ve received more information on the process here than asking her directly.

What exactly did you build? The Gasser HDs are being pushed out faster than the Cummins since I’ve joined. Most Cummins orders take 7-9 weeks just to get to D1 status.

CC bighorn hemi with snow chief and off-road

gator6

Reaction score
CC bighorn hemi with snow chief and off-road

Unless you feel like starting over with a better dealer like Ed suggested, I’d just sit back and be patient. I’ve seen the Hemi models pushed out quickly (one guy ordered after me and his was delivered recently), so you shouldn’t have much longer.

I will say that I would be pissed if a dealer treated me like that though.

gator6

Reaction score
The reason for my persistent pestering of my dealer is the fact that since I ordered the truck I have had zero information about the order or the process and always seem to be ignored. The only updates I have received since I ordered have been from brv10. I send my salesman a text at the beginning of every week because I feel like a weekly “hi how are you” is about normal down here in SC/GA. The 3 weeks has just been 3 weeks since my Monday text has been replied to. The reason for my questions about any kind of date is from the fact that I went D1 on 1/31 (again only know because brv10) and there is no dates listed which from what I can tell people usually get a “scheduled build date” when they go D1 but mine had no date so I called the dealer with questions. I understand that I am still early in the process and I don’t expect my truck now, but I do expect a timely response from the man that will be eager to take my money when the truck makes it to the lot.

I went D1 the same day as you (I ordered 11/12 Longhorn HO CC Long bed Max Tow), but was only given a ship date of 3/3.

I never received any information about when it would be built. I’ve been told that it’s usually a 30 day window that vehicles are built after D1, which seems to be the trend here. I’m waiting for my build sheet /window sticker to pop on one of the sites mentioned by Ed.

Swampfox

Reaction score
Unless you feel like starting over with a better dealer like Ed suggested, I’d just sit back and be patient. I’ve seen the Hemi models pushed out quickly (one guy ordered after me and his was delivered recently), so you shouldn’t have much longer.

I will say that I would be pissed if a dealer treated me like that though.

Yea , I’m not try to rush the truck I know there is a wait. I just do t like to be ignored and I feel like I’m that job there needs to be clear communication

Swampfox

Reaction score
I went D1 the same day as you (I ordered 11/12 Longhorn HO CC Long bed Max Tow), but was only given a ship date of 3/3.

I never received any information about when it would be built. I’ve been told that it’s usually a 30 day window that vehicles are built after D1, which seems to be the trend here. I’m waiting for my build sheet /window sticker to pop on one of the sites mentioned by Ed.

See I wasn’t even given a ship date. That’s why I called the dealer. I just have a D1 status with no dates and that struck me as odd because everyone else sees some type of date

gator6

Reaction score
See I wasn’t even given a ship date. That’s why I called the dealer. I just have a D1 status with no dates and that struck me as odd because everyone else sees some type of date

I do agree with better communication, but I couldn’t tell you much else to do other than stop by and talk to the boss about your treatment and ask for some kind of communication expectation i.e. “I will contact you every two weeks on Wednesday and ask for an update…if you get an update I would appreciate an email a soon as you can”

Sandi usually gives me a POC, but not this last time. Other than my sidestep fiasco I haven’t really reached out to her other than when she said to. Ordered in November was told to reach out in January, reached out in January and was told no movement but to reach out in early February. With this “ship date” I may reach out March 1st just to see how it’s tracking.

Users who are viewing this thread