Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Bigsnowman

Dumb Log Guy
Reaction score
Also....when I was on the phone with Ram**** today, the kind gal on the other end didn't want the VIN. First she asked for the VON. The next question was is it a 4x2. My answer was nope....4x4. Her next question was is it a crew cab. To which I replied yes. I then asked her if she wanted my VIN. Her response was no and that it was easier to search via feature. If this is indeed true, what an a55backwards system. And....if the entire system is that backwards....no wonder we can make no heads or tails of their manufacturing process.

I placed the order for my current truck on 4.29 and took possession on 6.3. Yes...the order was placed and possession taken in the same calendar year.

I have a good friend who ordered a 1500 Limited in mid-october. That order was 48 days from order to delivery.

I have another good friend who I talked to over the weekend. His new 3500 Big Horn dually is currently at the railyard in Cottage Grove, MN and the fobs are missing. We made a side bet on who would take delivery of their truck first. While I don't think I'll win, I needed the laugh and will be happy to buy the beer.

Last edited by a moderator:

franko

Reaction score
Is the passenger footwell that small, or is it just an odd angle? I Never bothered to sit in the copilot’s seat.
This is one of the reasons I didnt get the bucket seats with the console. My wife immediately said she felt claustrophobic.
The picture makes it look worse than it is, but it would be a stretch to say its roomy on that side.

Stanek

Reaction score
Yeah I read the van line was down for retooling, didn’t see anything on the HD’s till this.

CleverName716

Reaction score
I would agree from all the reading I have been doing on other sites, but they said that is what they are seeing. It is shipped rail car from Mexico to Buffalo NY then rail yard to dealer.
I live in Buffalo. Ordered my truck 12/15 from Fredonia Dodge. Had a window sticker on 1/31 and it was on the rail last week. Was transferred from BNSF to NS somewhere along the way for the final push towards Buffalo. When I tracked it via NS this morning, the train had just departed Kansas. I'm assuming it will take another week to get to Cheektowaga and be unloaded. From there, it might sit for weeks. I'm not sure who currently has the delivery contract for Stellantis from Cheektowaga, but United Road used to have the contract for local deliveries from that railhead. They were always short on drivers and slow to deliver even before the 'rona nonsense kicked in.

Idk what dealer you ordered from, but it sucks if they didn't give you a realistic timeline. Seems to be a common theme unfortunately. My guy told me flat out to expect a 4-5 month wait, if not more. I'd rather be given a longer window and be pleasantly surprised if the truck shows up early than to be set up with false expectations.

franko

Reaction score
The HD's lines were not shut down. There were 133 tracked member trucks (per the spreadsheet) that were built in January.
The HD line was shut down the week between Christmas and new years, plus the first 3 or 4 days after the new year. I believe window stickers started showing up again on 1/7.

Skurtz036

Reaction score
I’m starting to wonder if my fobs were stolen and that’s the reason it’s just sitting in lordstown.

fiebru1969

Reaction score
Order is in and added to the tracker.. Have a VIN and VON already and in D status.. Gathering parts... Sure hope they have enough lol. The wait is going to suck..

1644450511321.png

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Just wanted to let the folks on this Forum know the dealership I ordered my 2022 RAM Big Horn from in Southern Ohio treated me very fairly and were a pleasure to work with without the hassle of trying to up sale their products. I was at the dealership getting a set of All Terrain Tires installed today and actually had a nice long chat with Mike the owner. This is not a high pressure dealership by any means. I ask Mike if they had the capability to order trucks for customers using electronic communication, via phone, fax, email, etc. and he stated yes. They can sell to anyone across the US. Unlike many dealerships, they still honor purchasing at or below dealer invoice. They can't offer he same % off as Mark Dodge in Louisiana, but if you live in what is considered the Ohio Valley it may do you well to contact them before spending the money and time to travel to Louisiana.

Norris-Northup Dodge Inc
252 Upper River Road
Gallipolis, OH 45631-1839

Sales: 740-578-9084
Ask for : Steffani Patterson She is a pleasure to work with and will go to the limits to make you happy.
Tell Her Mr. McWhorter sent you

owdiss78

Reaction score
Anyone know what plant hold FSB would mean? I’m being told my order is saying something in that order but have no idea what that is

Reactions: J-J

WildBill138

Reaction score
2022 RAM 2500 limited, mega cab, night edition, lvl 1, SRW, sunroof, BSM has shipped ETA 2/17-3/3

Ordered 11/9/21. Headed to KY

Line 708
3C6UR5TL1NG196681

Truck made it to the dealer yesterday morning and will be picking up tomorrow afternoon. They got it prepped and ready for sale yesterday but too late in the day for me to get there with other obligations and salesperson is off tomorrow. Ordered 11/09/21 so right at 3 months from order to dealer, excited to get the truck tomorrow and then tires go on Friday.
View attachment 31663

Both of these were ordered a day before mine. So looks like these more optioned, cummins trucks are only taking a month longer than a gas tradesboy. Not bad.

Users who are viewing this thread