Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

chas0218

Reaction score
I see you are a Big Horn hemi. Lucky for you, those are moving fast when compared to others.
D1 to Lot in 3 weeks is possible, but a little optimistic. In my case and others, your first report of being D1 means the truck will maybe be built in a couple of weeks or 3-4. So nowhere close to hitting the lot. The actual build takes less than a day. Your window sticker for a complete and inspected truck will populate a couple days to a week after it is built. Then the delivery starts. Delivery time mostly depends on your location. NY is probably not the best location for a speedy delivery from Mexico. Is it being delivered somewhere else?
Yeah I was reading the actual build time was 16 hours or something like that. The Jeeps from what I understand get built down the road from the HD Rams but get shipped on container ships and come in port of NY and NJ instead of rail car.

From what I understand they get shipped into a Buffalo Rail yard and shipped from there to dealers throughout western N.Y.

I will add that I didn't get too fancy of options. It is the Level C bighorn but without the blind spot, adaptive cruise, and trailer monitoring system. I got the typical snow cheif, 5th wheel/goosneck prep, bed utility group, off road package, 4.10s, alpine speakers. I think that's about it.

Last edited:

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Just curious if Longhorns and Limiteds look like this as well under the glovebox.
Just walked outside to look. Never noticed it but yes, my Longhorn looks very similar. Not exactly the nicest fit and finish for a $92k truck. I’m glad it’s out of my view from the drivers seat.
2A950212-0184-443A-853C-9861E16FB8F3.jpeg
894100D3-0846-4E18-B5B9-91948F6E96AD.jpeg

jambram

Reaction score
Just walked outside to look. Never noticed it but yes, my Longhorn looks very similar. Not exactly the nicest fit and finish for a $92k truck. I’m glad it’s out of my view from the drivers seat.
View attachment 31671
View attachment 31672
Thanks for the response and glad that nothing is missing on mine. Seems like it could have been easily covered by a simple trim piece.

Rampingup

Reaction score
View attachment 31671
View attachment 31672
Just looked at my 20 1/2 ton, similar but not as bad. Like you say, for 90K+ I am hoping for better fit than this.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Is the passenger footwell that small, or is it just an odd angle? I Never bothered to sit in the copilot’s seat.

I think the angle makes it look smaller than it actually is. Plenty of leg room over there from what I can see in the pilots seat. I’ve never actually logged a single mile on that side of the aisle though so…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbyreneeward

Reaction score
a5074f0987c0ed7b0ad4bc7533af1563.jpg

Got this from Renae at MD today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swampfox

Reaction score
i can officially say I have zero trust in my dealer. This week marks the 3rd week in a row I’ve asked him for an update with no response. So I called the dealership and got laughed at for asking if they could see any projected build dates for my order. Guy said he would call me back in 10 minutes and never did so I text my salesman and told him I had called the dealership and then he finally responds only to tell me he was off work and would check in the morning and call me. Then yet again this morning comes and still no call back.

Familyman7280

Reaction score
Hey I’m not sure if your the guy to tell this to, but my truck arrived 3 days ago but I haven’t taken possession yet. Paying half down and the bank said it could be up to 14 days to receive the funds, they are holding the truck for me though. It was a super quick process and she is gorgeous.
Sit down, shut up and color for a few months. Got it

All kidding aside, I wasn’t sure if the tool was an estimator until the truck was actually built and they could get the actual #’s. Thanks
Built my truck at the dealer in November and took possession of her today. Zero complaints. I think they may be getting them out faster now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    676.8 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    888.4 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 99

Thisnthat

Reaction score
i can officially say I have zero trust in my dealer. This week marks the 3rd week in a row I’ve asked him for an update with no response. So I called the dealership and got laughed at for asking if they could see any projected build dates for my order. Guy said he would call me back in 10 minutes and never did so I text my salesman and told him I had called the dealership and then he finally responds only to tell me he was off work and would check in the morning and call me. Then yet again this morning comes and still no call back.
those guys are always the "fun" ones to work with...

Dan222500

Reaction score
My dealer is the same way. Call 8557788326 and have vin ready for the best information.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I would agree from all the reading I have been doing on other sites, but they said that is what they are seeing. It is shipped rail car from Mexico to Buffalo NY then rail yard to dealer.
If it's going to NY it will be longer.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Yeah I was reading the actual build time was 16 hours or something like that. The Jeeps from what I understand get built down the road from the HD Rams but get shipped on container ships and come in port of NY and NJ instead of rail car.

From what I understand they get shipped into a Buffalo Rail yard and shipped from there to dealers throughout western N.Y.

I will add that I didn't get too fancy of options. It is the Level C bighorn but without the blind spot, adaptive cruise, and trailer monitoring system. I got the typical snow cheif, 5th wheel/goosneck prep, bed utility group, off road package, 4.10s, alpine speakers. I think that's about it.
Build time is 8 hours and some Rams go by boat.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Thanks for the response and glad that nothing is missing on mine. Seems like it could have been easily covered by a simple trim piece.
Did they forget the Christmas trees or was somebody in there?

Users who are viewing this thread