Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Coonhound

Reaction score
6 months and 4 days later, it arrived at the dealership. The wait is finally over. It's been exhausting. Has it taught be patience? No. I pick it up tomorrow after work.

2022 Big Horn HO, Silver Edition, Max Tow, Cold Weather, bucket seats.

Yes I know it looks like a Larmie but it's a Big Horn. These are dealer pics. I'm married to a professional photographer so I'll post better ones later.

Attachments

• 17617.jpeg
    17617.jpeg
    1,018.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 17619.jpeg
    17619.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 102
  • 17621.jpeg
    17621.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 17623.jpeg
    17623.jpeg
    208.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 17625.jpeg
    17625.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 103

baker01

Reaction score
I went to pick up my new truck this morning. The timeline from ordering the truck to the dealer receiving it was 10 weeks. Unfortunately, during the test drive I found a few issues that when combined made this truck a no sale. Code for DEF not flowing, Code for ECU Internal self-test fail, 12" display died, Cargo camera non-op (most likely the harness), This all happened within the first 4 miles of the test drive. The dealer stood up and offered to order me another truck at a discount. We will see how long this newer one take to arrive.

Last edited:

Texasram1

Reaction score
I went to pick up my new truck this morning. The timeline from ordering the truck to the dealer receiving it was 10 weeks. Unfortunately, During the test drive I found a few issues that when combined made this truck a no sale. Code for DEF not flowing, Code for ECU Internal self-test fail, 12" display died, Cargo camera non-op (most likely the harness), This all happened within the first 4 miles of the test drive. The dealer stood up and offered to order me another truck at a discount. We will see how long this newer one take to arrive.
So the 12” dying that fast wasnt just a one-off. I had one die before we left the lot for the test drive.

223500DRW

Reaction score
I think I would rather it be secured at half the interest rate since I wouldn't be defaulting on it.
just pointed out the pluses to the higher intrest rate and the down side to defaulting. I too prefer lower apr. I also don't usually use a bank that's not big and been around for a good amount of time. most the smaller banks are loan front loaders that sell off like some mortgage companies in my past experiences.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Well sold my stock wheels and tires sans tire pressure sensors for $900. Right after that the guy who test drove my existing 2006 Laramie CTD yesterday got his financing and paid me 30k. Existing truck is awesome and in great shape so we’re both happy.
So now my driveway is correct and my new truck has new shoes. And tons of parts waiting to go on. Here’s a shot of her now. In a month when the rest of the stuff I’m waiting on gets here I’ll install the rest and get another shot posted.CFA37B37-6E5F-4126-B065-3727E93C9BED.jpeg

Rampingup

Reaction score
Well sold my stock wheels and tires sans tire pressure sensors for $900. Right after that the guy who test drove my existing 2006 Laramie CTD yesterday got his financing and paid me 30k. Existing truck is awesome and in great shape so we’re both happy.
So now my driveway is correct and my new truck has new shoes. And tons of parts waiting to go on. Here’s a shot of her now. In a month when the rest of the stuff I’m waiting on gets here I’ll install the rest and get another shot posted.View attachment 30754
Way to go. Glad it all came together. Hopefully it will rub off on the rest of us.

buzzuti

Reaction score
Hope your build date holds, status changes have been happening for about 24,000 posts.
That’s kind of funny, I thought you said “pesos” not posts.

Thought we could pay someone off to get up in the stack!

I know a couple peeps in Monterrey!

buzzuti

Reaction score
So now my driveway is correct and my new truck has new shoes. And tons of parts waiting to go on. Here’s a shot of her now. In a month when the rest of the stuff I’m waiting on gets here I’ll install the rest and get another shot posted.View attachment 30754
What size duratracs? Are those?

Looks great!

thkbaron

Reaction score
As I posted in response to similar question, many dealers including mine are holding to original quote and not even mentioning increase.
Dealer said they’d take care of me. Hard to not honor it when I put money down for an agreed upon price.

cpr768

Reaction score
So dealing with MD. Ordered Sept. 9th. Status D on Oct 12. 2021. No movement since. Dealer has nothing. Ram Chat has nothing. Is this normal? Any advice?

kevin588127

Reaction score
I went to pick up my new truck this morning. The timeline from ordering the truck to the dealer receiving it was 10 weeks. Unfortunately, During the test drive I found a few issues that when combined made this truck a no sale. Code for DEF not flowing, Code for ECU Internal self-test fail, 12" display died, Cargo camera non-op (most likely the harness), This all happened within the first 4 miles of the test drive. The dealer stood up and offered to order me another truck at a discount. We will see how long this newer one take to arrive.
Damn, that has to be some sort of record. Unfortunate for the sad ending. Not sure what I'd do in that position. Any option to get an extended warranty thrown in?

Stdsma11

Reaction score
@OfficerDirtySanchez , just talked to the dealership. As of 11:48 1/23 I went to KZ-L. Released from the plant and beginning its transport. No ETA for arrival, but it is at least progress. The dealer says he has no way of knowing which rail car it is on. If anyone knows how to find this so I can track it I would appreciate it.

Thanks again for all the help from everyone here.
Same thing waiting on a rail car. Hopefully no longer than 2 weeks will see

Users who are viewing this thread