Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

therealJZ

Reaction score
Frustration at every stage. The last is the worst. Mine is on day 33 at the rail yard, 20 minutes away from my house. I know I haven’t been waiting as long as you, but there are parts of this process that are ridiculous.
33 days at the rail yard is ridiculous. Even more painful I’m sure when it is so close to your house

noknock116

Reaction score
I'm at 39 days. The truck is literally an hour away. Can't get it and can't have it expedited. Dealer has tried.

SGTRAM

Reaction score
I need to vent and I feel like this is the place to do it. My truck has been in shipping stage since the 7th of this month and is still in Mexico. Truck was ordered at the end of June. 2500 hemi, Laramie level A, maximum steel. The window sticker is available. Why is it taking so long to get on a train?!?!?! Ordered from Benny Boyd in Lampasas, Tx which is in the Dallas zone according to the build sheet.

I also ordered my 3500 from Benny Boyd in Lampasas TX. It took 6 months for your truck to be built and now it's stuck on shipment. That sucks.

I ordered my truck on 12/23/21 which means that I will not see it until July.

Good luck to you.

Swampfox

Reaction score
Finally a chance to upload a few pics. So far no radio issues but I got the 8” screen instead of the 12 which my salesman said performs better. 17 speaker K/H system rocks. Interior is beautiful and super comfortable. Still playing with the mirrors to get maximum visibility, I did not get the BSM, or any of the additional cameras/safety package. Been a truck driver for a long time so using my mirrors and awareness is engrained in me.
I turned off the auto brights as they seemed to sensitive and we’re on/off nonstop even when no traffic just reflections or building lights. Drove it home in 4 high in some snow last night and felt so safe and in control. Cummins is awesome, been using the exhaust brake on dry roads to assist breaking, which seems a little spongy compared to other vehicles (as many have mentioned)
Ordered 8/8, took delivery 1/19, paid $1000 over invoice at local dealer in Slinger WI (hour NW of Milwaukee). Good buying experience, service team is tenured and highly regarded. Will consider dealer maintenance to maximize resale.
Next step is Ceramic and rust proofing, starting research today.
Great feeling to have such a capable truck.
Sharp truck. Wish I could have afforded the Cummins but it wasn’t in the cards for this go round

BMax94

Reaction score
I'm at 39 days. The truck is literally an hour away. Can't get it and can't have it expedited. Dealer has tried.
Same. Union contracts, apparently. I wonder if anyone has had any success in getting around this. It’s crazy. I knew heading in to this, there was no guarantee on when it would be delivered. But, when it was built and made it to the rail yard I had a reasonable expectation it would only be a couple of weeks at the longest. This is going to be our 3rd vehicle, but since we only have 2, I’ve had to miss some work because my kids need a vehicle to get to and from school/sports. First world problems, I know, but they could get it to the dealership in 20 minutes if there were no contract issues in the way.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
I agree. I could be a little biased though...View attachment 30663View attachment 30664
Well I have to agree. I think the blue and chrome looks better then my NE. But I didn’t know that when I ordered and I’m still happy with my NE. The dually looks better then the SRW too! If my truck wouldn’t get jealous and my wife wouldn’t either I’d get your photo blown up, framed and hang it in my room! But, alas, it’s not appropriate so I’ll have to just stick with my truck in my driveway.

ACEd

Reaction score
Same. Union contracts, apparently. I wonder if anyone has had any success in getting around this. It’s crazy. I knew heading in to this, there was no guarantee on when it would be delivered. But, when it was built and made it to the rail yard I had a reasonable expectation it would only be a couple of weeks at the longest. This is going to be our 3rd vehicle, but since we only have 2, I’ve had to miss some work because my kids need a vehicle to get to and from school/sports. First world problems, I know, but they could get it to the dealership in 20 minutes if there were no contract issues in the way.
Bad business, but it may have more to do with Insurance and Liability than Unions - plus Transportation Companies contracts to keep from losing business.

Porkchopexpress

Reaction score
Have two questions here about the key fob. I got the air suspension on my 2500, but it is not on the FOB. Ignore the highlighted part, its the part under it
1. Did they screw up and not give me the correct Key Fobs for my truck?
2. I have a Key Fob from my 2020 Ram 2500 that was totaled. Can this be reprogramed from my new 22?

Attachments

• Key Fob 1 .jpeg
    Key Fob 1 .jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Key Fob.jpeg
    Key Fob.jpeg
    655.4 KB · Views: 80

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Have two questions here about the key fob. I got the air suspension on my 2500, but it is not on the FOB. Ignore the highlighted part, its the part under it
2. I have a Key Fob from my 2020 Ram 2500 that was totaled. Can this be reprogramed from my new 22?

Air is not on the FOB unless that's something new.

Think that's a 1500 only thing. HD do not have entry/ egress lowering or any drive modes other than alt trailer height.

Is that an HD owner manual?

Porkchopexpress

Reaction score
Air is not on the FOB unless that's something new.

Think that's a 1500 only thing. HD do not have entry/ egress lowering or any drive modes other than alt trailer height.

Is that an HD owner manual?
Yes, it is in my 2022 RAM 2500/3500 Owners Manual. And on the online Manual on the Ram App (Uconnect). Even have a picture of the FOB with the Air Ride Remote as Item number 4. Was hoping this was saying they owe me two more key Fobs.

rw4363

Reaction score
Is that a picture of your 2022 key FOB?

Porkchopexpress

Reaction score
Is that a picture of your 2022 key FOB?
No, my email is acting strange and won't connect so I cant transfer Pics to post. It's on pages 19 & 20 of the manual. I have the normal FOB with Unlock, lock, tailgate and remote start only (well panic is at the bottom as well)

Texasram1

Reaction score
Never seen a 2500 fob w air suspension buttons. The tailgate release takes that real estate up on the fob.

Porkchopexpress

Reaction score
Never seen a 2500 fob w air suspension buttons. The tailgate release takes that real estate up on the fob.
I had not either until I was reading the owner's manual. There is some nice improvement in 2022 over 2020 that I really like. Really glad I ordered and waited on the added safety features on the truck. That lane assist has already come in handy.

scottagreen80

Reaction score
So anyone that has moved up from a 2500 to a 3500 non high output notice a difference in the sound of the engine. My 2500 was super quiet and my 3500 definitely sounds like a Cummins which I don’t mind coming from a 1996 12v and an 09 6.7l Cummins. It definitely isn’t in my head. I do remove my 21 2500 having foam around injection lines assuming this was for sound detonation and theb 22 3500 haven’t looked

AmmoRAD

Reaction score
Every 10 or so days. I'll probably push an update today. It doesn't get as many eyeballs so I hadn't seen the need to push updates too often.
When was the last MSM built? Curious since that's the color I ordered and really curious if that is what is keeping mine from being built.

gator6

Reaction score
Yes, it is in my 2022 RAM 2500/3500 Owners Manual. And on the online Manual on the Ram App (Uconnect). Even have a picture of the FOB with the Air Ride Remote as Item number 4. Was hoping this was saying they owe me two more key Fobs.

I know the 4 corner air ride has the egress option came on the 1500. I have not seen the 4 corner air option on the HD, only the rear bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrTaz

Reaction score
The one for my Limited 3500 with Air Ride has the same Key FOB that yours does.

Users who are viewing this thread