Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

ElkRam

Reaction score
Just a thought here: since the builds seem random as far as like equipment/trim, could it be by color? May do a bunch of one color so paint stage doesn’t have to change colors? The things you think of while waiting……..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Just a thought here: since the builds seem random as far as like equipment/trim, could it be by color? May do a bunch of one color so paint stage doesn’t have to change colors? The things you think of while waiting……..

That idea has been floating around here a bit.

therealJZ

Reaction score
I need to vent and I feel like this is the place to do it. My truck has been in shipping stage since the 7th of this month and is still in Mexico. Truck was ordered at the end of June. 2500 hemi, Laramie level A, maximum steel. The window sticker is available. Why is it taking so long to get on a train?!?!?! Ordered from Benny Boyd in Lampasas, Tx which is in the Dallas zone according to the build sheet.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I need to vent and I feel like this is the place to do it. My truck has been in shipping stage since the 7th of this month and is still in Mexico. Truck was ordered at the end of June. 2500 hemi, Laramie level A, maximum steel. The window sticker is available. Why is it taking so long to get on a train?!?!?! Ordered from Benny Boyd in Lampasas, Tx which is in the Dallas zone according to the build sheet.
Some stay there for a day, some longer, mine was 2 1/2 weeks. Also you could be waiting for the train to fill before leaving, or being so close is it going by truck?

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score

Here's a pivot table with the number of trucks built by color by date. I don't think I see any trends in terms of color. It looks like they build trucks of many many different paint colors each day.

therealJZ

Reaction score
Some stay there for a day, some longer, mine was 2 1/2 weeks. Also you could be waiting for the train to fill before leaving, or being so close is it going by truck?
I know it’s not out of the norm but still frustrating.

ElkRam

Reaction score
Here's a pivot table with the number of trucks built by color by date. I don't think I see any trends in terms of color. It looks like they build trucks of many many different paint colors each day.

Thanks for that.

IowaPW

Reaction score

Awesome!!! This sheet is YUUUGE. Out of curiosity, how often do you update this monster?

xcountry1582

Reaction score

As @brv10 said is a possibility, being that you're so close to the area of production, I would assume that it would be going by truck. If I recall correctly, there was a guy here who had a truck delivered to Round Rock and I think his went by truck as well. Since you aren't far from that area, I would assume yours goes by truck too. Sorry. I know the area just a little having lived there in the early-mid 2000's. Not as well as some others though. ;)

MrTaz

Reaction score
Last edited:

Rampingup

Reaction score
I've been to that photo location. I lived in Eureka Springs for a few years and went to Bentonville every Friday. Also my truck is the same color.
Goodd to know. I'm going to be in the area in April. I've gotta get a pic with that background. Outside of the dually it is the twin to mine. I've got ceramic waiting, will have windows tinted like yours. REALLY sharp.

Rockman

Reaction score
Once it gets on the train it moves pretty quick... Mine started build on 23rd of December and completed build on January 6th. It is now about 20 miles from dealer awaiting a transport... I am visualizing one picking it up today lol... Mine is shipping to Houston. I have a friend who ordered from Victoria where I live and his waited like yours. Seems some south Texas trucks are loading on a transport directly from Saltillo.. His never showed leaving the plant and showed up three days later. hopefully this will happen for you. Rail system is about 20-30 days for delivery to our area from the time it ships. The path is Eagle pass, Cadet railyard SW San Antonio, Then to Pearland for mine.

ACEd

Reaction score
As @brv10 said is a possibility, being that you're so close to the area of production, I would assume that it would be going by truck. If I recall correctly, there was a guy here who had a truck delivered to Round Rock and I think his went by truck as well. Since you aren't far from that area, I would assume yours goes by truck too. Sorry. I know the area just a little having lived there in the early-mid 2000's. Not as well as some others though. ;)
If truck, probably good in that it wont wait at railhead to be trucked, but bad if they are waiting for a truckload going your way.

therealJZ

Reaction score
If truck, probably good in that it wont wait at railhead to be trucked, but bad if they are waiting for a truckload going your way.
The dealer currently has several trucks on for sale in their website stating “in transit”. Hopefully that will help if there are multiple trucks being shipped to the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread