Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

briggDD

Reaction score
The outside looks just like mine.
I really like it, i have got a ton of comments on how good it looks. The truck I originally ordered was night edition, I am so glad I ended up with this combination instead.

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
I have more than 59 miles as I picked my truck up in Houston and drove it back to Colorado but I have an appointment to get my previously ordered wheels and tires on Monday
What wheels and tires are you going with ?

G’Dave

Reaction score
Sell those stock tires. #garbage

What about the stock off road tires? 275/70R18 OWL? Are these junk?

I’m running Grabber A/Tx LT 285/65R18’s in my Ram 1500 (stock is Goodyear Wranglers 275/70r17). The Grabbers are solid on the 1/2 ton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jnrcarson

Reaction score

I’m running Grabber A/Tx LT 285/65R18’s in my Ram 1500 (stock is Goodyear Wranglers 275/70r17). The Grabbers are solid on the 1/2 ton.
I suppose it comes down to what your use is and your budget. The off road package tires are just the Firestone transforce AT’s. Not good for much other than highway driving in my opinion. I’ll have a set for sale as soon as I pick my truck up.

ACEd

Reaction score

The Firestone Transforce AT were on my 2015 2500 Limited - not great in Mud - had to get a Jeep to pull me out.
OK on Highway, and maybe in other terrain but NOT Mud - and FYI the Transforce AT is still used on the Ram OE - the retail version is the Transforce AT2 which has been out for a while.
Personally, I did not want the AT as I would not keep them based on past experience with them.

G’Dave

Reaction score
Thanks @Jnrcarson and @ACEd.

I’m unsure yet if I should change them within the first few days of ownership, or drive the snot out of them. I mostly drive on sealed roads and gravel roads. Several of the campgrounds that I use get a bit muddy if it’s been raining, but otherwise can be navigated in a car.

I only ordered the truck on January 10, so have a while to think about it.

Cheers!

Ionicbrick

Reaction score

I’m unsure yet if I should change them within the first few days of ownership, or drive the snot out of them. I mostly drive on sealed roads and gravel roads. Several of the campgrounds that I use get a bit muddy if it’s been raining, but otherwise can be navigated in a car.

Cheers!

When I got my 2015 it had the same tires on it. I got that truck in March of 2015, and was able to burn the junk rubber off of em for a year and a half. That second winter in CO I couldn’t do it, it wasn’t safe anymore. But you don’t get much selling the tires only…

@builderman, where did you list your wheels? Just curious…

ACEd

Reaction score

Cheers!

You will probably be OK on regular roads and gravel and maybe in muddy roads - I was on a disused path - backwoods Louisiana - did not look that bad - got thru it ok going in, but got stuck coming out later same day - probably dug mudholes first time thru and just spun in deeper second time. Easy to fill up the Transforce AT tread in mud and just spin in - may have gotten stuck with other brand AT, but will never know.

Might want to move this to Wheels/Tires thread before moderator does it for you.

zGhillie

Reaction score
12 hours in with the new truck and it’s already more annoying than my 21. Whoever thought of the feature that honks my horn 3 times for leaving the engine on is messed up. Also my 3500 is about 4 inches lower than my 2500 was. Not to mention a ton of bugs with the radio. Not the best new vehicle experience.

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
You guys with new 6.4 gas rigs… do they still require higher octane fuel and 0w40 oil? Buddy of mine is looking into ordering and those qualifications are one of my peeves of my 6.4 (2015). In fact, mine is quite noisy unless I feed it premium fuel. Wondering if specs have changed. Certainly the 8speed makes it much more capable…

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
12 hours in with the new truck and it’s already more annoying than my 21. Whoever thought of the feature that honks my horn 3 times for leaving the engine on is messed up. Also my 3500 is about 4 inches lower than my 2500 was. Not to mention a ton of bugs with the radio. Not the best new vehicle experience.
Interesting that it’s lower… did you get the air suspension?

ACEd

Reaction score
Interesting - my 3500 SRW is definitely higher than my 2015 2500 and the full length fixed step is more awkward - seems to hang closer to body and not give you as much benefit as the one on my 2500 (both factory wheel to wheel steps).

G’Dave

Reaction score
I’m not sure about the oil, but fuel is definitely 87.
IMG_2241.png

zGhillie

Reaction score
Interesting - my 3500 SRW is definitely higher than my 2015 2500 and the full length fixed step is more awkward - seems to hang closer to body and not give you as much benefit as the one on my 2500 (both factory wheel to wheel steps).
I got the power running boards so they don’t get ripped off as I go off-road a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread