Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

mmehlhouse

Reaction score
Dealer reached out and told me I was in D1 and the truck is scheduled to be built. He wasn’t able to give me any dates (status change, build date, ship date, etc). I’m seeing a lot of dates on the crowd sourced doc and am wondering if he’s just not seeing something on his end (he did seem a little confused as he was reading through it). Am I wrong to assume he’s just not seeing the dates?

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
Truck is HOME! Soooo bitchen! I got to put almost 1100 miles on it. Even took the long scenic route.
Can’t figure what I like most about it. Probably the Torque and HP. I didn’t think 1075lbs of torque is worth it as 800 is more then fine. Well I be wrong! Just passing folks is instantaneous. It’s like driving a car. Smoooooth acceleration. Really have to watch the speed. Adaptive cruise is stellar, that maybe one of my favorite things, probably tied with the 50 gallon tank, that’s pretty awesome. Seats are awsome. Stereo is pretty good. 12” screen is great. Hands free is much better then the old ****e. Lights are very good! Power mirrors and running boards are epic! All in all it’s just a great truck. The tires suck and have different pressures in all four with the LOWEST being 86psi. Yes I said lowest. I think the highest was 89! The check was from the onboard computer and we were rolling along for hour so they were hot. Sure made the ride rougher then it should have been. I did get the 1 ton long box. I wasn’t expecting a Cadillac.
I averaged about 15.2 mpg. My fault as I didn’t do much under 83mph.
Dope bro! So excited for you! Yeah, these factory tires are junk… lol

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Truck is HOME! Soooo bitchen! I got to put almost 1100 miles on it. Even took the long scenic route.
Can’t figure what I like most about it. Probably the Torque and HP. I didn’t think 1075lbs of torque is worth it as 800 is more then fine. Well I be wrong! Just passing folks is instantaneous. It’s like driving a car. Smoooooth acceleration. Really have to watch the speed. Adaptive cruise is stellar, that maybe one of my favorite things, probably tied with the 50 gallon tank, that’s pretty awesome. Seats are awsome. Stereo is pretty good. 12” screen is great. Hands free is much better then the old ****e. Lights are very good! Power mirrors and running boards are epic! All in all it’s just a great truck. The tires suck and have different pressures in all four with the LOWEST being 86psi. Yes I said lowest. I think the highest was 89! The check was from the onboard computer and we were rolling along for hour so they were hot. Sure made the ride rougher then it should have been. I did get the 1 ton long box. I wasn’t expecting a Cadillac.

Very cool, glad you finally got it.

Icky

Reaction score
I used to do Glamis and then Buttercup/Gordon’s Well all the time. These new trucks have sooo much torque I’m not sure if they’ll be ok with the sand. Probably have to literally idle through or you’ll dig right in. Would avoid the bottom of washes at all costs.
My 2013 2500 does fine with 35s towing my 40' toyhauler. Just don't know how stock tires would do, at this rate I won't have to worry about it till October.

robbyreneeward

Reaction score
I ordered the SO cummins on 08 dec and it will be built 2/2, assuming i dont somehow piss off the ram gods. Would think the truck build of the SO and HO are identical or at least really close. Maybe they dont have good supply of the HOs?

I ordered standard 6.7 as well. But yes, I’ve noticed hemis seem to be moving faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rampingup

Reaction score
You're killin me dude. Looks fantastic and I love the write up. You have a few more items but mine will look similar but no NE. Very happy for you.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
I looks amazing. Congratulations.
I was very close to ordering the LB so I could check the box for 50 gallon tank, but ultimately went with the SB due to a lot of city driving.

Thanks!
I still do construction and like to be able to haul plywood or stuff that’s 8’ flat so I need the LB. The 50 gallon talk is a plus.
I’ve been driving full size longbeds since ‘89 so I’m fine with the inconvenience.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
You're killin me dude. Looks fantastic and I love the write up. You have a few more items but mine will look similar but no NE. Very happy for you.
Thanks Ramping!
I’m not a huge fan of chrome but I’ve seen several patriot blue with chrome and they’ve awesome. Not sure if the NE is worth it aesthetically after seeing the chrome and blue.

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
Nice truck Thebuilderman, congrats !!!

zGhillie

Reaction score
My truck was delivered to the dealer overnight yesterday! Went and picked it up this morning and it sure does look good. Hope everyone else gets theirs soon. I traded in a 21 2500 Longhorn to Airport dodge in KC if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• tempImage110on5.png
    tempImage110on5.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 131
  • tempImageFehNUJ.png
    tempImageFehNUJ.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 128

G’Dave

Reaction score
Are you guys who switch up from 33” to 35” tires (on 18” rims) using the 3.73 or 4.10 diff? T

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
Are you guys who switch up from 33” to 35” tires (on 18” rims) using the 3.73 or 4.10 diff? T

I’m running the 3.73’s. 285/75/18 Nitto ridge grapplers. Measure at almost a true 35. Shouldn’t even be an issue for the torque and HP of the Cummins. Haven’t even put a mile in my truck yet as I have been out of town. It’s waiting at the dealer for me. Supposed to pick it up on the 27th. Will post pics after that.

MrTaz

Reaction score
I got tired of dealing with the ordering process, no updates from the dealer, the original frustration of my first order getting cancelled which cost me 8 weeks and the current truck I have on order that was supposed to be “expedited” yet still remains in D status. The truck I had ordered was Billet Silver, but found a dealer with a truck in transit that was Patriot Blue with Indigo/Frost Interior. I was worried I wouldn’t like the colors but it looks great! Here’s a few pictures from the paint correction/PPF/tinting process.
The outside looks just like mine.

G’Dave

Reaction score
I’m running the 3.73’s. 285/75/18 Nitto ridge grapplers. Measure at almost a true 35. Shouldn’t even be an issue for the torque and HP of the Cummins. Haven’t even put a mile in my truck yet as I have been out of town. It’s waiting at the dealer for me. Supposed to pick it up on the 27th. Will post pics after that.

Thanks for the info. I’ll be getting the Hemi with Off Road package and Snow Chief package, and don’t plan on changing tires for a while, but was curious.

TruBore18

Reaction score
@OfficerDirtySanchez Took Delivery

Black Limited Ram 2500
Ordered: 10/21/2021
D1 Date: Unknown
Equipment Listing: 1/6/2022
Window Sticker: 1/8/2022
Ship Date: 1/8/2022
Ramp ETA: 1/18/2022
Arrived at Mark Dodge: 1/19/2022
Picked up: 1/21/2022
Order to Delivery: 3 Months

I flew into Lafayette on 1/21 due to last minute flight booking it was cheaper by $200 compared to flying into Lake Charles. I was picked up by a Mark Dodge driver who was extremely nice and kept a great conversation going on the hour and ten-minute drive to the dealership. They had the truck parked up front for me to see as we arrived. I met with Aaron who was great as mentioned numerous times throughout this thread by others and ultimately worked with Thomas on the paperwork who made this an easy process. As mentioned in other posts, the bulk of it was done online before I ever arrived at the dealership. I just had to manually sign two documents.

I was lucky on taking delivery this week as Sandi was at the dealership training additional help. I got to meet her which she is just as nice as she is on the phone.

I drove the approximately 11 hours back to TN and have a little over 800 miles on the truck since yesterday.

Thank you to everyone who has kept this thread going and shared their stories. Whoever mentioned checking tire pressure was spot on as the dealership told me they come to them at 90psi.

Users who are viewing this thread