Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Texasram1

Reaction score
All 3 of you guys are still D1, if they are the same configuration it's possible.
They have 3500s and I have a 2500, so maybe not

rwac007

Reaction score
OK Guys got my Truck yesterday 1/12/22, ordered 11/9/2021, Von 11/15, Vin 11/23, built on train 12/14 , in Orlando train depo 12/27. got off train 1/12 , Hotshot delivered to Dealer 1/12, Picked up from dealer 1/12. vin# 3C63R3DL7NG195419. MY Opinion on how quick is Dealer allocation if they don't have any will slow things down if they have allocation they can get them quick.

Attachments

• image_1.JPG
    image_1.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 121
  • image_0.JPG
    image_0.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 121
  • image_2.JPG
    image_2.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 118
  • image_3.JPG
    image_3.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 117
  • image_0 8.JPEG
    image_0 8.JPEG
    76.8 KB · Views: 119

Firewall

Reaction score
OK Guys got my Truck yesterday 1/12/22, ordered 11/9/2021, Von 11/15, Vin 11/23, built on train 12/14 , in Orlando train depo 12/27. got off train 1/12 , Hotshot delivered to Dealer 1/12, Picked up from dealer 1/12. vin# 3C63R3DL7NG195419. MY Opinion on how quick is Dealer allocation if they don't have any will slow things down if they have allocation they can get them quick.
Nice truck, congratulations!

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Nice! A lot like mine!

owdiss78

Reaction score
How long did you guys wait for your order? Mine was ordered on 9/10/2021, so 17 weeks and 5 days. Dealer says it’s still in “d” status, no updates and no ship/delivery date. Does this sound right?

If you are stuck that way there is just a couple of us from May through sept yet that are stuck with no movement I ordered 9/20/21 still nothing here either. Good luck to ya getting in in the next 3-4 months unfortunately.

What did you order?

J-J

Reaction score
I bet there isn't anything to tell what the dealer allocation setup is there? I specifically asked if my dealer had allocation for my order 4 months ago and they said yeah sure. Now I seen other new vins on the lot with zero news of mine moving at all.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I'll take chrome any day over paint especially on the front end. Repaired paint chips on the front just never look good.

Marketing is amazing. I remember a time when the so-called night edition as it is now called was standard equipment and if you wanted anything shiny (aka chrome) you paid extra for it. Over the years chrome became an ecological nightmare because of the EPA which drove companies out of business and raised the cost of anything chrome to the companies that done chrome plating and also the consumers that wanted it done. All of this introduced chrome paint which compared to real chrome is a joke at best. Anyways this is where marketing comes in. Give it a name and de-chrome everything and now charge extra for it. It's kind of like chicken wings. In the old days chicken wings and chicken necks too for that matter were the less desirable part of the chicken that large families on a tight budget were the primary ones that bought it. Even going back to slavery days, those were the people that ended up with those parts of the chicken because it was inexpensive. Moving along to the twenty-first century when people were doing much better financially and bought less chicken wings someone had to come up with an idea to move a slow moving product. Now they are called a variety of things after they slapped some concoction of BBQ sauce on them and raised the price. Still not much meat there and never has been but people like the sauce.

Getting back to the marketing part. Do you see the resemblance to chicken wings and Night Edition vehicles? It cost less to paint everything on a truck compared (except maybe the alumium wheels) to chrome and all they had to do was give it a name for people to buy it. I remember back in the eighties and nineties when Toyota and Nissan were competing for market share. Toyota had the shiny chrome on a lot of the truck and Nissan had hardly any. Back then we all know which one was the most popular especially when it come to customized trucks. Nissan had night edition trucks before they even had a name for it although at that time they weren't as popular except maybe the price. After all, it was a no frills de-chromed vehicle for someone that wanted basic transportation at a less expensive price.
The only part of the Night Edition trucks that I can see adding a real cost to the truck are those painted aluminum wheels although I still have reservations on long term durability, they still look nice. Other than that everything is painted just like the old days, except now they charge for it.

I'm also old fashioned, I'm a chrome person too, although today's chrome quality is a joke compared to yester-year. Oh well I guess we have to take what we can get.
Remember when white wagon wheels were big back in the 70's and early 80's?

rw4363

Reaction score
That would have been very nice to know about 2 weeks ago lol. I ordered mine from a local dealer for MSRP because most dealerships here are marking them up above MSRP
Same here, ordered at MSRP because it was the only dealer I could find in my area that wasn't asking MSRP+. Wish I would have know about this forum and MD prior to ordering but I was satisfied when I ordered and I will be even happier when I get my new truck.

Ickabod

Reaction score
How long did you guys wait for your order? Mine was ordered on 9/10/2021, so 17 weeks and 5 days. Dealer says it’s still in “d” status, no updates and no ship/delivery date. Does this sound right?
I ordered 10/1 and am expecting delivery any day now.

Stellanti

Reaction score
Really getting frustrated now… for the fourth time in almost 5.5 months contacted the dealer to see what was going on, they had zero info but contacted the rep again and just like the last few times the truck went D1 that same day only to get kicked back to D the very next day… gold star for trying I guess? But ultimately nothing tangible

ACEd

Reaction score
ACEd, just asking, how sure are you about the receptacle in the rear bumper being a Fakra connector? My Fakra cable (not purchased from RAM), doesn't seem to fit in it (it doesn't snap in like other Fakra connectors). And when I try to plug it in, with the camera attached, it doesn't work. However, I can unplug the receptacle in the bumper (it's attached behind the bumper with a Fakra connector). When I do that, then plug in my camera/Fakra connector.....the camera works perfectly. Further, I've seen pictures of the connector from the tow mode cable (sold by Ram), and it doesn't look like a Fakra connector. It makes me wonder if they changed the receptacle in the bumper to something more beefy than a Fakra connector - and in the process made it incompatible with a Fakra connector.
I dont have any more info than what I have gathered here and in other Thread

2022 Ram Tow/Trailer Camera Options​

but you do realize there are multiple variants (color coded) of FAKRA connectors

You say you did not purchase cable from RAM - are you using an aftermarket camera? If you have one that works with truck I am interested.

https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/2022-ram-tow-trailer-camera-options.6626/

ACEd

Reaction score
That would have been very nice to know about 2 weeks ago lol. I ordered mine from a local dealer for MSRP because most dealerships here are marking them up above MSRP
Mark Dodge discounts have been discussed here at least as long as I have been here since September - you could always cancel and reorder thru MD- if you are buying at MSRP, the savings might make it worth a 2 week hit and a trip to pick up.

Or spec out an order with MD and show it to your current dealer and see if they will come off MSRP. Dealers here are holding MSRP or MSRP + Market Adjustment on inventory on lot, but discounting on Sold Orders (just not quite as much as MD)

Last edited:

Dgprints

Reaction score
Did you sign any paperwork for your order or put a deposit down? If not, cancel the order. I placed my first order with my local dealer. It was for MSRP of course. After reading this forum I asked them for some paperwork on the order so there would be no games with pricing when the truck arrived. They sent me the paperwork with MSRP plus $5,000. I had a feeling that would happen so I’m very glad I asked for papers. I told them what they could do with it and went to MD. Sandi saved me $10,800 on my order. Actually it would be $15,800 with the additional that they put on it. Don’t feel bad about playing hardball or going out of town. When you are looking at something this expensive there is no room for friends.

sunny2021

Reaction score
Yes and Yes.
There are several dealers mentioned on this site in different geographic regions that are doing deep discounts for online purchases. Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, La is one and is either the biggest or second biggest RAM dealer in US (depends on who you ask)
But it seems to be the most popular here with lots of people buying from them and either flying in to New Orleans or Houston and having Mark Dodge meet them at airport - or having truck shipped from Lake Charles to buyer at additional expense. Lots of very positive reviews here and I dont think I have seen any negative.
Orders are handled remotely by people (sorry I only remember Sandi) who seem to be extremely competent. Information flow is good (unlike complaints at other dealers) and delivery times seem to be as good or better than most (or at least they have a lot of orders moving thru in what seems to be within a 12-20 week time window).
Search the forum for Mark Dodge Contacts - Contact info was several pages back.
Sandi's contact info:

Sandi Amrith
Virtual Sales
Mark Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep LLC
3777 Gerstner Memorial Dr.
Lake Charles, LA 70607
O (337) 474-2640 ****M (337) 512-5615 CELL

Wolfcreek

Reaction score
Nice truck! But I’m still confused about the allocation thing. I was under the impression that the dealer had to have allocation available at the time of the order. Not at delivery. So if you get a VIN quickly, as most do, that should have nothing to do with it.

OG631

Reaction score
I’m convinced my truck is lost and forgotten…. Ordered 6/22, built Oct 15th, sat for a few weeks, shipped to Rhode Island where it’s been sitting in port since the first week of December. Dealer can’t figure out any info or maybe just doesn’t care. This sucks. was given an ETA by my dealer and ramchat of 1/7 but that’s now changed to 1/21-2/3. Originally had an eta of late November lollll

Last edited:

sconym

Reaction score
If you are stuck that way there is just a couple of us from May through sept yet that are stuck with no movement I ordered 9/20/21 still nothing here either. Good luck to ya getting in in the next 3-4 months unfortunately.

What did you order?
My order was May 07, and there was no movement until the end of December. Build schedules / times are definitely random....

NewRamMan

Reaction score
Mark Dodge discounts have been discussed here at least as long as I have been here since September - you could always cancel and reorder thru MD- if you are buying at MSRP, the savings might make it worth a 2 week hit and a trip to pick up.

Or spec out an order with MD and show it to your current dealer and see if they will come off MSRP. Dealers here are holding MSRP or MSRP + Market Adjustment on inventory on lot, but discounting on Sold Orders (just not quite as much as MD)
For those of you that have ordered from MD, are they requiring a down payment to order?

Users who are viewing this thread