Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

gator6

Reaction score
Lets think about 30 weeks - Every time I hear that talk, I get upset - are there people with a valid complaint - YES - but there is a lot more to the story.

No orders were taken for 2021's in late part of that cycle due to lack of parts. Orders placed from May were for 2022 model. Production of 2022 model was not planned to start until 14 weeks later in August, assuming parts availability improved. First 2022s were started in mid August followed by an almost immediate 1 week shutdown of the line due to parts availability. 2021 trucks were being completed and shipped concurrently.

We are 19 weeks (less 1) into production and 98% of the May orders are built, and 96% of the June orders, 94% of the July orders, and 90% of the August orders are built. And at least 63% of those (probably more) are delivered. Some additional trucks may be delivered but buyers have not posted again once they got truck. Delivery issues seem to be a significant factor beyond RAM control with trucks stuck at railhead waiting to be trucked to dealers.

Should the early orders all be built? Probably - no one can seem to figure out a valid reason why some seem to have fallen into a black hole.

But they seem to be ramping up and I would not assume the average build of an order placed after production started would fall outside the 12-16 week estimated window I was given - mine was actually 10 weeks and 2 days. Will yours take 20 weeks - maybe. There seem to be some shortages of specific parts again.

But 30 weeks - unlikely barring another line shutdown / parts availability disaster.

And technically, these are not "paid for" - a deposit yes - but I had one on dealer lot sold out from under me after I had put a deposit on it. To me thats more of a fault, but its not RAM, its the specific dealer who would have been happy to take an order, but did refund deposit..

Sorry ACE’d for just getting back to this. Thank you for the detailed explanation! It does make sense that a vehicle ordered outside of production dates would have a longer wait time, but (I ordered in November, so I wouldn’t know) I’m assuming those that ordered then were told when production would start?

That being said, it’s fair to put it as some of you have been waiting 19 or so weeks for a vehicle you ordered before production began. It would seem, based on your reporting, that production has steadied save for a few part issues here and there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

owdiss78

Reaction score
Sorry ACE’d for just getting back to this. Thank you for the detailed explanation! It does make sense that a vehicle ordered outside of production dates would have a longer wait time, but (I ordered in November, so I wouldn’t know) I’m assuming those that ordered then were told when production would start?

That being said, it’s fair to put it as some of you have been waiting 19 or so weeks for a vehicle you ordered before production began. It would seem, based on your reporting, that production has steadied save for a few part issues here and there.

But that posted few weeks ago I’m at week 16 ordered September 20 2021 and no movement. if you start at production August that be at around 22-23 weeks now . not subtracting weeks of shutdown off because if didn’t have some good people here to know about it no one would have known.

buzzuti

Reaction score
Got an email from Sandi yesterday afternoon confirming my D1 status and an estimated build date of 2/2 for my 10/25 order.
So this is really cool.
3500 right?

Seems like a lot of folks are getting that 2/2 date for build. I ordered (originally) on12/22, got D1 2/2 build date as well.

Congrats!

Bkff17

Reaction score
Anybody hear any news on a train making it to twin oaks lately.. Ramchat said shipping with a 1/18 dealer eta. Truck should be at the rail yard now.

Shootist

Reaction score
Update on my order as I must have been one of the lucky few. 11-10-21 order for Limited HO 3500 DRW has a window sticker. Now wait to see how long it takes to get to STL.
Mine is coming to same area as you. 2500 limited. It was built on 12-16. Shipped on 01-04. Sunday it was on the Mexico side of Eagle Pass on a train. Due in Centreville, IL 01-16.

gator6

Reaction score
But that posted few weeks ago I’m at week 16 ordered September 20 2021 and no movement. if you start at production August that be at around 22-23 weeks now . not subtracting weeks of shutdown off because if didn’t have some good people here to know about it no one would have known.

Yeah, my bad with the dates. I’m at work and trying to get temporary people up to speed with stuff to handle after I’m retired. It’s very distracting to say the least.

ACEd

Reaction score
The early orders should have all been first in and delivered by now - no legitimate excuses as far as you can tell from our side of data - not parts - other trucks with same options moving and delivered - not engines - not geographic regions - maybe set aside earlier and forgotten - coming out of dead storage to build by random draw?

And on the other side - once trucks are built, shipping and delays due to manpower and trains full of other goods with potentially higher priorities - and then delays at railhead for unknown reasons (potentially including lost keys in some cases and lack of haulers to dealer)

Last edited:

owdiss78

Reaction score
The early orders should have all been first in and delivered by now - no legitimate excuses as far as you can tell from our side of data - not parts - other trucks with same options moving and delivered - not engines - not geographic regions - maybe set aside earlier and forgotten - coming out of dead storage by random draw?

Yep agree should be first order down the line no skipping or so random.. I definitely did not win the ram lotto, my build hasn’t even gone into the hat to be drawn yet along with many others older orders then mine. I keep telling people in same boat to search dealer lots you may find everything you wanted in your order just sitting there

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Looks like you gained 21 pounds for towing and payload for your truck with your selected trim level over the Limited that I have.
How do you figure? Are you talking an existing truck you have? Maybe a 2500? Cuz the truck you ordered ha a payload that starts with 5.

22BHmega

Reaction score
I was able to get a "build date" of Jan 2 from ram chat via a phone call. How long are we seeing actual "build dates" after the build date that you were given?
Thanks. 3C6UR5ML4NG162264

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
I was able to get a "build date" of Jan 2 from ram chat via a phone call. How long are we seeing actual "build dates" after the build date that you were given?
Thanks. 3C6UR5ML4NG162264
Definitely not February 2nd? As far as I can tell your truck has not yet been built.

Texasram1

Reaction score
Hey y’all. I’m in the DFW area and I ordered (‘22 2500 mega cab Limited CTD, loaded. Sunroof & rear air included) with with Mark Dodge on 12/8. I reached out to them yesterday and was told that my truck is scheduled to begin production on 2/2, which is way sooner than I expected!

Not sure how long it will take to actually show up, but I’m beginning to get excited.

Users who are viewing this thread