Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

jambram

Reaction score
Not to start a panic, but RamChat just told me that Saltillo would be closed from Jan. 3rd until February 10 for retooling! Maybe they meant January 10th?

"Saltillo plant will be down from Jan. 3-Feb. 10 for retooling."

dkwagner

Reaction score
Well well, I just got an email from Ram. I've been told my truck would be delivered in october, then november for sure, then by christmas for sure, then january 4th, then january 10th, and now january 21st. That would be a little over 8 MONTHS. I think I'm done with it. Ram, you just lost a customer.

J-J

Reaction score
Well well, I just got an email from Ram. I've been told my truck would be delivered in october, then november for sure, then by christmas for sure, then january 4th, then january 10th, and now january 21st. That would be a little over 8 MONTHS. I think I'm done with it. Ram, you just lost a customer.
I completely understand.. it's too much with zero information back while the dealers hold thousands of dollars.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
I looked up what you were saying and it seems that San Antonio/Bexar County, TX is having numerous issues with derailments and has had for numberous decades. Here's to hoping no more derailments through the shipping process for anyone.
So I ordered a loaded Laramie in August, re-ordered a Limited in October. My original order didn't get canceled in time and was built. My salesman just told me the shipping train derailed in San Antonio with my original truck on it!
So this is quite distressing. I know my truck was on a train to LA Mark Dodge. I believe that has to go through Texas! Don’t know much about derailments but I do know I’ve been waiting what seems like forever for my truck and it seeeems that just maybe a derailment can cause a delay? It maybe a bad thing!

Porkchopexpress

Reaction score
That's my current dilemma if it becomes a 20+ week wait - but I am upgrading my camper to a heavier 5th wheel...which is one reason why I don't want to wait any longer than necessary.
feel your pain there. I have a grand design 5th wheel that I have not been able to use since Aug due to a wreck and waiting on my order. Look here https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/2022-hd-crowdsourced-vin-order-tracking.6189/unread and it will give you a better understanding of how long it could take. Really depends on what you get on the truck.

Pizziola29

Reaction score
Okay we need specs on that masterpiece!

Sorry @J-J I had posted it probably 600 pages ago lol...did not realize how much this 22 thread has grown! 22 2500 limited maximum steel with all options more or less. AEV prospector xl package (3" lift, 40" tires, front and rear bumpers, Baja front and rear lights, intercooler skid plate, full size spare and headrests with the 16.5 warn winch) and stealth grey appearance package. When it gets back to me I have the RSI shell to put on.

J-J

Reaction score
Sorry @J-J I had posted it probably 600 pages ago lol...did not realize how much this 22 thread has grown! 22 2500 limited maximum steel with all options more or less. AEV prospector xl package (3" lift, 40" tires, front and rear bumpers, Baja front and rear lights, intercooler skid plate, full size spare and headrests with the 16.5 warn winch) and stealth grey appearance package. When it gets back to me I have the RSI shell to put on.
It looks great!! Super jelly you modded yours out before mine even gets underway at the factory..

Pizziola29

Reaction score
It looks great!! Super jelly you modded yours out before mine even gets underway at the factory..

Thanks. When did you order yours? Mine was August 3. Got it in late November.

Reactions: J-J

Porkchopexpress

Reaction score
That feeling will change when it gets in your driveway. All trucks are running about the same......long ass time from order to driveway

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
So I ordered a loaded Laramie in August, re-ordered a Limited in October. My original order didn't get canceled in time and was built. My salesman just told me the shipping train derailed in San Antonio with my original truck on it!
I looked up what you were saying and it seems that San Antonio/Bexar County, TX is having numerous issues with derailments and has had for numberous decades. Here's to hoping no more derailments through the shipping process for anyone.
I am not seeing this on line. I found something but it’s an October date. That’s the last derailment around San Antonio or Texas for that matter.
Man I hope your info was wrong. Cuz my truck would have been on that train!

IDNoob34

Reaction score

Can’t blame you, that’s insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jdiddy83

Reaction score
I am not seeing this on line. I found something but it’s an October date. That’s the last derailment around San Antonio or Texas for that matter.
Man I hope your info was wrong. Cuz my truck would have been on that train!
Hoping so! Waiting on possible pictures..

Spud8610

Reaction score
Well my PW is definitely on hold with the freight carrier at the Portland rail ramp(Barnes). Even one scheduled load was cancelled, while the current load is past due. The dealer has received other trucks and jeeps at this point with some also in transit. Just confusing and irritating. If there is damage, I may cry.

1641339503695.png

Last edited:

Levi200220022

Reaction score
I know that sucks but all the big 3 have backlogs of trucks and I hate to say it but why quit 8 months in just to restart all over again.
My brother in law waited 9 months for a f350 and I have 2 friends waiting Chevrolet’s one was ordered in June the other was September

Levi200220022

Reaction score
I know that sucks but all the big 3 have backlogs of trucks and I hate to say it but why quit 8 months in just to restart all over again.
My brother in law waited 9 months for a f350 and I have 2 friends waiting Chevrolet’s one was ordered in June the other was September
And my Dad is waiting on his Cadillac Escalade that was ordered in January 17th

Stellanti

Reaction score
Early September... sadly I'll never do this again after this experience.

Agreed… first New truck and first ordered truck and very much less then impressed with the whole experience… went with RAM for employee pricing but have always driven a duramax and they have never done me wrong.

Reactions: J-J

ACEd

Reaction score
That's what happens when they let green-horns do things they aren't trained for. Probably some young kid working for minimum wage.
Its actually pretty easy to do if you are filling from the BlueDEF boxes - there is no obvious filling point - used to be I put a box of DEF every 5000 miles in my 2015, but it appears either tank is smaller or the new truck goes thru DEF at a higher rate. Only "safe" way to prevent overfill is at truck stop where nozzle shuts off when full.

Users who are viewing this thread