Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Mat77

Reaction score
I‘m a newbie to Rams, I’ve owned a Chevy 3500 Duramax and a 2020 F350 Powerstroke (turned out to be a lemon :(. I’m putting together a build and will be hauling a truck camper in it. One thing I’m confused on is with a Laramie and a Big Horn I don’t see the Surround Camera as an option anywhere. I see it in the Tradesman and the Limited. Does anyone know if you have to go to either one of those just to get the surround camera system?

Here is the build I’ve been playing with options wise, I’d like it to be loaded and I would like the Aisin transmission so was thinking the HO Cummins, but not sure if that’s really worth it. I’m also debating the megacab vs the regular. Thanks for any input!

I ordered in late Oct. I wanted a Laramie with all the cameras and safety packages (blind spot was another item missing I think). The surround view was a factor missing for the Big Horn & Laramie. I waited a little over a month before I ordered to see if anything would change. Several dealers gave me the same answer until I realized what you said. The Limited was out of the cards for me just not worth it, so I went with a loaded Tradesman more or less. Should be to the dealer by the end of the month or so.

MrTaz

Reaction score
The dealer doesn’t even seem to know what’s going on or doesn’t want to say. Today he stated it could be roughly two weeks and last week he said it would arrive by the 6th. I’ll keep you posted!
They don't really know. There is too many variables involved to put an exact date on it.

Wolfcreek

Reaction score
The dealer doesn’t even seem to know what’s going on or doesn’t want to say. Today he stated it could be roughly two weeks and last week he said it would arrive by the 6th. I’ll keep you posted!
Sounds pretty familiar! My dealer said two weeks too. Then “it’ll be here by the end of the year”. I get the feeling there is definitely something he’s not telling me. Would be nice if Ram would give us more info so we could call BS on the dealer if we need to!

Jtwes

Reaction score
I just ordered a truck last weekend, I'm not really sure when or if I'm supposed to hear anything from the dealer but here is my build sheet. Excited to turn this thing into a welding rig!!!
Close to mine in equipment. You will enjoy it.

martini08

Reaction score
Finally picked up my new truck today. I was really enjoying it, then on my way home (I live 3 1-2 hours from the dealer) the Service Def System See Dealer message popped up. Anyone had this happen to them?

rwac007

Reaction score
Finally picked up my new truck today. I was really enjoying it, then on my way home (I live 3 1-2 hours from the dealer) the Service Def System See Dealer message popped up. Anyone had this happen to them?
Not trying to be smartass but is def tank full or did you just put def in possibly old?

camp10

Reaction score
I would definitely check, Sandi told me 7 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aaron told me on 12/20 "We will need to complete the process within 4 days of your truck arriving
to secure the sold order protection". I was able to get the penfed and first responder codes same day.

Nick660

Reaction score
I ordered my truck in mid-September, and received notification that Mark Dodge now has it! Time to arrange shipping. Super excited! Working with Sandi, Aaron, and Marsh has been flawless thus far. Hopefully I’ll have it in my possession in a week or two!

Attachments

• 1C2E0305-E0BE-4C99-BAD3-BA419AFD3F58.jpeg
    1C2E0305-E0BE-4C99-BAD3-BA419AFD3F58.jpeg
    819.2 KB · Views: 75

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Aaron told me on 12/20 "We will need to complete the process within 4 days of your truck arriving
to secure the sold order protection". I was able to get the penfed and first responder codes same day.

That’s crazy. Here was my salespersons exact words:

“As long as you are able to wrap up the virtual finance part within 7 days of us receiving the truck, we will be happy to keep it locked up and in safe care until you are ready to take it.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottagreen80

Reaction score
Well for grins I called Ram Crap, (they really are nice people on the phone) and the lady told me the dealer ETA is 1/11-1/24! At this point I appreciate that info. I’m not banking on it of course but it gives me an idea.
Im going to list my existing truck in a couple days and do my financing in a couple weeks.
Told me the same 1/11-1/22

Users who are viewing this thread