Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

CFE

Reaction score
MODs - if this isn't the right thread to ask - my apologies up front.

For those who have ordered already - what seems to be the option(s) that are leading to significant delays in delivery? I'm hearing moonroof and the adaptive steering system are the big two? Anything else I should avoid for significant delays?

Coonhound

Reaction score
One more question. Any way the window sticker can be available if the truck is waiting on accessories? Or does it have to be totally complete before the window sticker is issued?
Its my understanding the truck has to leave the vendor, return to the plant, have passed final inspection before it gets a window sticker. It's like the stamp of final completion.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Just got the email from Aaron at MD letting me know my truck has arrived. Still have to do the paperwork and have it shipped to me out West. So probably 10+ days until I see it. But it's good to know the end is near for my July 5th order.
View attachment 29355

Congratulations, you have most definitely earned it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolfcreek

Reaction score
Its my understanding the truck has to leave the vendor, return to the plant, have passed final inspection before it gets a window sticker. It's like the stamp of final completion.
That’s the way I understood it too. Just talked to Customer Care and they keep saying that it might be held up waiting on accessories, but I’ve had a window sticker for nearly a month. Still no ETA given. It’s weird, maybe just having trouble getting on a truck because it’s a dually, but really starting to think it’s being delayed for a bs reason.

borracho

Reaction score
Just got the email from Aaron at MD letting me know my truck has arrived. Still have to do the paperwork and have it shipped to me out West. So probably 10+ days until I see it. But it's good to know the end is near for my July 5th order.

Nice! I think mine got dropped off at port allen same time as yours. Getting close! Do you know how quickly they expect payment once the truck is on their lot?

Scvette

Reaction score
PM me if you here of any movement on your truck, I’ll do the same if I hear anything in mine.
Yes, mine is stuck in that same Portland rail yard - aka the Pit of Despair.

On the positive side my splash guards for the new truck arrived, so I now have those to stare at.

MrTaz

Reaction score
I ordered a 3500 laramie with all the unicorns. But BSM wasn't available so that was the only thing I didn't click. However I have watched dealer trucks with everything I ordered after I ordered be shipped in. Should have went longhorn and would have already had it by now.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

I ordered a 3500 laramie with all the unicorns. But BSM wasn't available so that was the only thing I didn't click. However I have watched dealer trucks with everything I ordered after I ordered be shipped in. Should have went longhorn and would have already had it by now.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
That's what I ordered at first but because some of the options were unavailable I canceled that truck and ordered a Limited. I think I see a trend going on here. Also I don't believe the Laramie that I ordered and canceled has been built yet even though it was ordered first. It will be built eventually since the dealer couldn't cancel it with Chrysler.

Last edited:
Reactions: J-J

MrTaz

Reaction score

For those who have ordered already - what seems to be the option(s) that are leading to significant delays in delivery? I'm hearing moonroof and the adaptive steering system are the big two? Anything else I should avoid for significant delays?
Decked out Laramies' seem to have problems.

Reactions: CFE

MT1

Reaction score

My truck has the adaptive steering its on it way. Ordered 10/29. But it's also a Big Horn if that makes a difference.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Nice! I think mine got dropped off at port allen same time as yours. Getting close! Do you know how quickly they expect payment once the truck is on their lot?
According to another member who purchased from Mark Dodge it's 7 days. Contact Aaron from Mark Dodge as he can provide you the correct information as he provided it to me. I can't speak directly for him.

ACEd

Reaction score
I ordered 10/1, but it is not the timeline that bothers me, it’s the furtive answers coming from my dealer and Ram. You’d think that if there was a quality control problem like a run in paint or dent, the dealer could see that in the system and tell the customer. Ram could fix the problem and move on. My window sticker has been available since 12/8, my understanding is that only happens once a truck is complete and I’m guessing that that only happens once it passes QC. The whole thing just smells a little fishy to me!
I doubt ALL "QC" status are really QC issues - it appears that is a "catch all" status between finishing build and window sticker for whatever reason. I kept getting Quality Inspection Status while mine was among 20+ trucks on the list with equipment lists but no window stickers - mostly 10 plus days. I pulled equipment lists and - all had Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring which was the only common factor. It appears truck "build" can be "completed" without auxiliary items such as TTPMS and Trailer cameras, or maybe pending outside work like bed liner or other outside operations and still show QC pending. All broke free over a 2 day period when they apparently got a shipment of TTPMS sensors.

ACEd

Reaction score
One more question. Any way the window sticker can be available if the truck is waiting on accessories? Or does it have to be totally complete before the window sticker is issued?
It appears truck must be complete with everything incl Trailer specific parts before you get the Window Sticker.

It appears Equipment List populates when it rolls off "production line" before it goes out for things like bedliner and even if its short Trailer specific accessories (cameras, TTPMS, etc).

Firewall

Reaction score
I doubt ALL "QC" status are really QC issues - it appears that is a "catch all" status between finishing build and window sticker for whatever reason. I kept getting Quality Inspection Status while mine was among 20+ trucks on the list with equipment lists but no window stickers - mostly 10 plus days. I pulled equipment lists and - all had Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring which was the only common factor. It appears truck "build" can be "completed" without auxiliary items such as TTPMS and Trailer cameras, or maybe pending outside work like bed liner or other outside operations and still show QC pending. All broke free over a 2 day period when they apparently got a shipment of TTPMS sensors.
@ACEd , did you get a ship date yet. I too was one of those trucks, sat for almost three weeks. Now I get "shipment pending" with no date yet. Brv tells me its KZLD

Wolfcreek

Reaction score
It appears truck must be complete with everything incl Trailer specific parts before you get the Window Sticker.

It appears Equipment List populates when it rolls off "production line" before it goes out for things like bedliner and even if its short Trailer specific accessories (cameras, TTPMS, etc).
That makes sense, but I do have a window sticker. I’ve had it since 12/8. Shortages don’t seem to explain my delay. Most likely in on the shipping side. The truck is coming to a dealer just across the border in Texas so it will most likely never go on a train. May just be a shortage of transport trucks like so many others. The part that is really confusing me is the lack of an ETA. They have never assigned one. You’d think that it would be assigned and then moved back If need be. Just got me scratching my head.

MrTaz

Reaction score
That's what I ordered at first but because some of the options were unavailable I canceled that truck and ordered a Limited. I think I see a trend going on here. Also I don't believe the Laramie that I ordered and canceled has been built yet even though it was ordered first. It will be built eventually since the dealer couldn't cancel it with Chrysler.
Edit: Just found out that the Laramie that I canceled is only in D status and it was ordered on 9-11 three days before my Limited. I ordered the Limited with more options than I did on the Laramie that I canceled and its been built and shipped already. It seems if you want your truck in a reasonable amount of time it would be best to pass on a lot of options if you order a Laramie or just order the next trim level up whether it be a Longhorn or a Limited.

Users who are viewing this thread