Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Highway fuel mileage

Nd79

Reaction score
I can hit 20 mpg on any road trip that's over an hour or so. That's unloaded obviously. Seems to be where it tops out though.

SO 68rfe

Nd79

Reaction score
Yeah it seems I can always get it up to 19-20 on long road trips but don't average that around town/highway mixed. It spends most of its life towing around town and it's been doing 11mpg avg lately towing.

I have hand calculated it at right at 20 on the longest family road trip we did in the truck so far. That was from Denver to Hurricane, UT and it did the same mpg on the return trip.

The only real reason I pay any attention to mpg though is it hits my wallet at the end of every day when I'm working the truck. I go through a full tank (32 gal) most working days, but the more I'm burning the more I'm making!

GBB

Reaction score
15~16 mpg running 65 to 70. I get 10 mpg on average towing 11,000# TT. Running 3.73’s.

Herrred

Reaction score
Per the Ly-o-meter with my unloaded HO Aisin, usually 18-20 in summer. Now only 15-16 for winter.

Grayson

Reaction score
22' 2500 w/3.73's stock suspension, OEM 20" wheels & tires: I averaged 20.6 the last 152 mile trip I made earlier this week.

Buppies

Reaction score
44456 miles 19my 21 mpg on trips just got back fro SC last weekend great truck very happy

2019 2500 diesel Ky Derby Edition

ColderWeather86

Reaction score
Palmer, Alaska. Formerly Prescott, Arizona.
New 2022 3500 68rfe 3.73 drw coming next week. Would like to delete and add a tuner any recommendations
Unfortunately it's nearly impossible to find people who will sell you a delete tune. The EPA has waged war against all the tuners. Even Jegs recieved a pretty sizeable fine for even just selling exhaust. Everything is based out of Canada now.

Riddick

Reaction score
Unfortunately it's nearly impossible to find people who will sell you a delete tune. The EPA has waged war against all the tuners. Even Jegs recieved a pretty sizeable fine for even just selling exhaust. Everything is based out of Canada now.

I would not call it impossible but the parts can be challenging to procure. For tuning you will be forced to use canadain companies unless you know someone in the states. The US manufacturers still make exhausts but you wont see them advertised anywhere on the web. You need to find a dealer and they can order you exhaust parts. I have a full 4 inch aftermarket kit sitting in my garage for my 22 that will be used as a work truck south of the border.

GPurcell01

Reaction score
It took me about 20 minutes and a google search to find all the hard parts needed. Not too sure why y'all say it's hard to procure. Figuring out which tuner I wanted to use was the longest part because I wanted to make sure I went with a good one.

ColderWeather86

Reaction score
It took me about 20 minutes and a google search to find all the hard parts needed. Not too sure why y'all say it's hard to procure. Figuring out which tuner I wanted to use was the longest part because I wanted to make sure I went with a good one.
The hardware isn't an issue. It's the software. You can still find tuners on the web, but those shops that are still advertised are garbage, and you're probably going to have a lot of issues with the tune.

AEV_CUMMINS

Reaction score
The hardware isn't an issue. It's the software. You can still find tuners on the web, but those shops that are still advertised are garbage, and you're probably going to have a lot of issues with the tune.
LOL. How can you say a blanket statement about all shops offering delete and or race tunes are garbage? Even if you meant only in the states... heard of the RPM act? People can still make very good, reliable and clean tunes. Reputable shops are still making the tunes but just not making Youtube videos about it so it leads many people to believe that all the tuning knowledge went away as quickly as the EPA came in.. It is not like all the experience and knowledge that was gathered over decades just got forgotten.

ColderWeather86

Reaction score
LOL. How can you say a blanket statement about all shops offering delete and or race tunes are garbage? Even if you meant only in the states... heard of the RPM act? People can still make very good, reliable and clean tunes. Reputable shops are still making the tunes but just not making Youtube videos about it so it leads many people to believe that all the tuning knowledge went away as quickly as the EPA came in.. It is not like all the experience and knowledge that was gathered over decades just got forgotten.
No sh!t it hasn't been forgotten. I am referencing delete tunes specifically, don't play stupid as if you aren't aware of what the coversation is about Mr hostile keyboard expert. Hardway had to pay a $45,000 civil Penalty, Jeg's has to spend at least $275,000 in their community on air quality improvements for selling "delete products." The list is endless on fines and tuners having closed their doors due to losses from the EPA. So tell me O Mighty expert how easy it is to find a reputable tuner that doesn't offer a garbage delete tune in the UNITED STATES.

AEV_CUMMINS

Reaction score
No sh!t it hasn't been forgotten. I am referencing delete tunes specifically, don't play stupid as if you aren't aware of what the coversation is about Mr hostile keyboard expert. Hardway had to pay a $45,000 civil Penalty, Jeg's has to spend at least $275,000 in their community on air quality improvements for selling "delete products." The list is endless on fines and tuners having closed their doors due to losses from the EPA. So tell me O Mighty expert how easy it is to find a reputable tuner that doesn't offer a garbage delete tune in the UNITED STATES.
donald-trump-ask-you-mad-meme.png

Users who are viewing this thread