Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Bigkeeper

Reaction score
YAGpXPd.png
Your right probably go right to Electric! Lol

ACEd

Reaction score
Wife and I just spent an hour sitting in the new truck. Major culture shock changing from my 2001 to the 2022. She's more tech facinated than I am, so helped me figure out some stuff.

Overall first impressions....
It's taller than I remember the 2021 Limited 3500 that I test drove being.
WOW.
Dealer didn't put in the 5th wheel prep pucks but there were in the cab. Not a big deal.

One item, I was going to have them put on the mopar molded splash guards, but the sales guy noticed that for the rear ones, you either have to trim the existing little trim piece or remove it. Hey @rockman88 was that your experience? I passed for today, figure I can buy and put them on later and just wanted to get on my way.
There are apparently 3 variations of MOPAR splash guards - (1) for trucks without fender flares, (2) molded geometry with fender flares, and (3) flap type (like big trucks). Only ones in the Accessories catalog are the flap type. There are also WeatherTech molded no-drill splash guards (2019-2021 again either with or without fender flares). I have not decided between the MOPAR molded or the WeatherTech molded.

Also agree truck and particularly fixed wheel-to-wheel steps on new truck seem significantly higher than wheel-to-wheel steps on my 2015 Limited.

rockman88

Reaction score
Interesting...sales guy brought them out and between both of us agreed that the existing trim piece would need trimmed or to be removed. I need to take a closer look to see if maybe removing it would be the most straight forward way of doing it. Someone on here installed their own, might have to search that up and ask them. But for now, dang it, there's an errand that needs to be run.....I volunteer!

Mine has the piece retained. RAM molded splash guard fits around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockman88

Reaction score
There are apparently 3 variations of MOPAR splash guards - (1) for trucks without fender flares, (2) molded geometry with fender flares, and (3) flap type (like big trucks). Only ones in the Accessories catalog are the flap type. There are also WeatherTech molded no-drill splash guards (2019-2021 again either with or without fender flares). I have not decided between the MOPAR molded or the WeatherTech molded.

Also agree truck and particularly fixed wheel-to-wheel steps on new truck seem significantly higher than wheel-to-wheel steps on my 2015 Limited.

Yep. Very confusing. I went to my dealer ( http://www.slimans.net) and told them what I wanted. RAM molded splash guards that bolt on no drilling. Part numbers for Limited SRW below. IMO this is a time to stop searching the net and go to dealer or someone who knows flaps…

12_13_21, 8_16 AM Microsoft Lens.jpg

Attachments

• 12_13_21, 8_16 AM Microsoft Lens.jpg
    12_13_21, 8_16 AM Microsoft Lens.jpg
    664.3 KB · Views: 28

cmh2007

Reaction score
7ad22022c0217d51483e59422bb0203c.jpg

Here’s another one, the highlighted license fee jumped out at me. Anyone else notice that? WTH is that? I caught it and stopped signing paperwork. Wasn’t there on my original order preview.
30f2193b815db2d2dfc8f8ba2becae28.png

Thanks.

*2012 Ram 2500 MegaCab Laramie, 2 Tone Black and Silver. Deleted at 109k miles, 240k miles already. No issues, all OEM under the hood. Original 68rfe with only one fluid change.

*2022 Ram 3500 HO MegaCab Laramie Patriot Blue. (Ordered 8/7. Still waiting)

That will be an interesting answer

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score

My hitch measured 25 inches to the inside upper edge

Scubaz66

Reaction score
For all those folks chomping at the bit on a delivery status, I was just notified my truck has arrived the Lordstown Rail Yard in Warren, Ohio. I know I'm not the only truck on this rail car, so anyone who ordered and had a shipping date in the last couple weeks your truck is probably sitting in the rail yard waiting to be unloaded if this is in your general destination. I received this information from a well known member on this Forum, but to protect their interests I'll not mention their name so they won't be inundated with search requests. If they wish to give out their Member Name they are welcome to tag this thread....... Lots of informed individuals on this Forum, treat everyone with respect, you never know who knows who........ I'll be waiting for my dealer to call, pictures forthcoming !!

Shellyh1971

Reaction score
2F9BCB0B-E996-49F2-B8E1-A8055E479D53.jpegYIPPIE!!!! My salesman texted me today that my truck made it to the dealership this afternoon.. I was right in the middle of taking a motorcycle class so I couldn’t leave to go pick it up.. so Monday morning it is.. I will post pictures after I pick it up. Navarre ram.. sulpher Louisiana..

max31man

Reaction score
No my local dealer. I’m about 30 minutes south of a Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

I just moved from there (Bridgeville) to Colorado. Loved the area. Was going to buy while I was there but with the supply and timing, I had to wait until I moved, had a child, bought a house, and got settled in. Finally got around to ordering my dream truck!

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
7ad22022c0217d51483e59422bb0203c.jpg

Here’s another one, the highlighted license fee jumped out at me. Anyone else notice that? WTH is that? I caught it and stopped signing paperwork. Wasn’t there on my original order preview.

Thanks.

*2012 Ram 2500 MegaCab Laramie, 2 Tone Black and Silver. Deleted at 109k miles, 240k miles already. No issues, all OEM under the hood. Original 68rfe with only one fluid change.

I’m tired from driving and don’t want to read to see if there is an answer yet. Its a combination of fees, taxes, etc. here are the ones for my truck. They’ll get this to you at signing. There is more to the right that shows all the totals. At “closing” they add the registration/taxes to the purchase. They also bump the doc fee from 225 to 425.
I found Thomas to be pretty straightforward with answers. I had the same question for him, you’ll see that in the attachment.

Attachments

• 0D0DE0C9-FC83-4519-9AFD-1607839BD957.jpeg
    0D0DE0C9-FC83-4519-9AFD-1607839BD957.jpeg
    276.6 KB · Views: 85
  • BFC53780-3A19-4625-85CB-C5B6FBA0F575.jpeg
    BFC53780-3A19-4625-85CB-C5B6FBA0F575.jpeg
    231.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Dustinfitch12

Reaction score
For all those folks chomping at the bit on a delivery status, I was just notified my truck has arrived the Lordstown Rail Yard in Warren, Ohio. I know I'm not the only truck on this rail car, so anyone who ordered and had a shipping date in the last couple weeks your truck is probably sitting in the rail yard waiting to be unloaded if this is in your general destination. I received this information from a well known member on this Forum, but to protect their interests I'll not mention their name so they won't be inundated with search requests. If they wish to give out their Member Name they are welcome to tag this thread....... Lots of informed individuals on this Forum, treat everyone with respect, you never know who knows who........ I'll be waiting for my dealer to call, pictures forthcoming !!
What was ur order date? My dealer says it should be coming there aswell. But sounded to me like I'm on the boat. Last update it was sitting at port altimara. Been about a month and a half. No movement

matemike

Reaction score

Thanks.

I want to know how that order went from $72,772, then+ $425 for documentary and compliance fee, which brings a new total to $72,972?
Mistake is in the buyers favor, saved $225. But everyone signed it I guess. Anyone else catch that?

Last edited:

Thisnthat

Reaction score
I’m tired from driving and don’t want to read to see if there is an answer yet. Its a combination of fees, taxes, etc. here are the ones for my truck. They’ll get this to you at signing. There is more to the right that shows all the totals. At “closing” they add the registration/taxes to the purchase. They also bump the doc fee from 225 to 425.
I found Thomas to be pretty straightforward with answers. I had the same question for him, you’ll see that in the attachment.

having just placed an order a couple weeks ago with MD, my guess is the bulk of that is sales tax. When reading through the initial email from Sandi, I noticed that they said sales tax would be collected at the time of purchas. After a couple emails back and forth, they said that the banks require them to collect it for any out of state buyer. Someone paying cash or using their own financing would not be required to pay sales tax through them.

Important on my end as my state (AR) allows for a sales tax credit offset when selling a vehicle that isn’t traded in…just have to complete a form and the sale has to occur 45 days before/after the new purchase, At the end of the day I believe I could file for a reimbursement of the overage sn sales tax paid, but not sure I want to leave it up to my state DFA to reimburse me $2-3k.

so yeah, I’d have pressed pause for sure as well

Users who are viewing this thread