Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Firewall

Reaction score
So my truck has been built since last Monday 12/13 and according to Ram Chat it is out getting "optional features or equipment packages installed". She said that stage takes 14 days. I guess it takes 14 days to spray the bed and put the 5th wheel package on? Anybody else have this delay?

sconym

Reaction score
Did you fish? Big tuna season there.
id be calling and writing Stellantis and I’d be doing my best to be cool and failing miserably at doing so. 224days! That’s a wee bit messed up!
I do fish. Not every time I go down though. My friends own a bar there and have sponsored part of the Bisbee tourney every year. That’s too rich for my blood! Last week, a few buddies did real good at the tuna and Dorado. A lot of football size tuna, but a few bigger ones too. Truck went into JS status yesterday. Built, but not sure if completed and waiting fir shipping, or in storage waiting for more parts to be installed. It’s been a long wait for sure!!!

sconym

Reaction score
So my truck has been built since last Monday 12/13 and according to Ram Chat it is out getting "optional features or equipment packages installed". She said that stage takes 14 days. I guess it takes 14 days to spray the bed and put the 5th wheel package on? Anybody else have this delay?
I have a feeling thats how mine is too. 5th wheel prep, bed liner, power steps….

Ickabod

Reaction score
Mine took 2 days for this stage

Woolfman

Reaction score
hell no, these keys are not reliable, got key has left vehicle all the time in my 19, also if key is in your pocket behind cell phone, truck wont read it, the batteries only last a few months too then very weak. i didnt own the truck for two years and had to start it by pushing the key fob on the start button because the truck wouldnt read it at least 50 times
Does your truck keep honking then thinking you left the vehicle? I've had 2 chargers with the push button start and yes the batteries die often and sometimes is a pain to get it started but never have they thought the fob had left the vehicle unless they actually did.

Shootist

Reaction score
Thats where mine is (JS) as of Thursday, but they told me it would ship Friday of this week. I haven't seen a window sticker pop up yet.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Lots of unfounded rumors.

5th gen cab is likely not coming until 2025.
There's a 2023 "refresh" that's been suggested by an insider but not the cab.
ZF 8-speed is MUCH more likely than Allison at this point. The Cummins doesn't need all those gears and FCA already has a long and solid relationship with ZF.
I would agree with the ZF being more likely than the Allison for same stated reasons. Plus they already have the ZF Powerline tranny in a prototype since ‘18 and they have an existing contract with them. They probably have tried the Allison too. The ZF is a great option. I’d be happy either way.
I would like to see the tranny happen. I’d also really like to see the 5th gen cab.
Regardless, I’m gonna love my new truck and I’m coming out of an ‘06 2500 diesel. I won’t be doing another truck for at least 3-4 years. By then we should see what rumors came true.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
FYI: not everything you read or see on the internet is true!

Also, hope they never go with a 8 speed or more on the Cummins, will end up shifting too much while towing.
The current 6 speed Aisin works good on the HO but I still like the 5 speed manual in our 99 24V.
Yeah agreed, but unfortunately internet is where you find material to read. I’ve been trying to read about the RUMORS for the last couple years. But they are rumors non the less. So agreed.

dynocompe

Reaction score
Does your truck keep honking then thinking you left the vehicle? I've had 2 chargers with the push button start and yes the batteries die often and sometimes is a pain to get it started but never have they thought the fob had left the vehicle unless they actually did.
no that feature is new for 22, also will not honk if they vehicle is locked, only chirps when you leave the vehicle running unlocked with no keys inside. We will find out when the 22 arrives. But my wives vehicle already does the honk thing if the keys leave when running, but it has to be unlocked. So only happens say when i am driving with her, i run into convienence store, she stays in vehicle so its not locked, then it will chirp. That is the only scenario so far it has chirped since the vehicle is always locked

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
no that feature is new for 22, also will not honk if they vehicle is locked, only chirps when you leave the vehicle running unlocked with no keys inside. We will find out when the 22 arrives. But my wives vehicle already does the honk thing if the keys leave when running, but it has to be unlocked.
I sure hope that somehow this honk thing you guys refer to in the ‘22 MY is able to be disabled or there will be a lot of pissed off people when they get awakened by their neighbors truck. How often do you have to leave your vehicle running to run into the garage or house or whatever. There’s many times where we leave the cab to do something while the truck idles. Like load tools!
I maybe mis understanding but if y’all are correct that my truck is going to honk everytime I leave the cab with my key in my pocket and truck running that will be the number one stupidest thing Chrysler ever did. That’s saying a lot as they are the ones that had an automatically engaging ebrake on a few jeep vehicles that engages when you shift from drive to park.
Buddies rental jeep got stuck in the snow and trying to rock it out was hell.

Last edited:

Woolfman

Reaction score
I sure hope that somehow this honk thing you guys refer to in the ‘22 MY is able to be disabled or there will be a lot of pissed off people when they get awakened by there neighbors truck. How often do you have to leave your vehicle running to run into the garage or house or whatever. There’s many times where we leave the cab to do something while the truck idles. Like load tools!
I maybe mis understanding but if y’all are correct that my truck is going to honk everytime I leave the cab with my key in my pocket and truck running that will be the number one stupidest thing Chrysler ever did. That’s saying a lot as they are the ones that had an automatically engaging ebrake on a few jeep vehicles that engages when you shift from drive to park.
Buddies rental jeep got stuck in the snow and trying to rock it out was hell.
Amen! If there is not I'll probably just unhook my horn and go without one. It will just make people leave the fob in the truck. A truck thieves dream.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Mine was about 2 weeks also, steps,liner, 5thwheel prep

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Amen! If there is not I'll probably just unhook my horn and go without one. It will just make people leave the fob in the truck. A truck thieves dream.
I don't believe the trucks will lock with the fob inside.

Users who are viewing this thread