Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

ACEd

Reaction score
Thanks for info, In that case I might try to find a aftermarket camera like the one in the CHMSL to mount on my truck cap and buy a aftermarket wire to connect. I'm sure it would probably be cheaper than trying to order the XH7 kit after truck has been built.
Mounting the trailer camera on back of cap would probably be easy - and not sure that wide angle issue is not adjustable - in Illinois in a different vehicle and have not really had a chance to play with settings in new truck. But it is a wired camera so you would have to run a wire down from camera to license plate area connector. If you can tolerate a secondary display, a wireless camera might make more sense though you still have to power it somehow.

Blowenblu

Reaction score
Mounting the trailer camera on back of cap would probably be easy - and not sure that wide angle issue is not adjustable - in Illinois in a different vehicle and have not really had a chance to play with settings in new truck. But it is a wired camera so you would have to run a wire down from camera to license plate area connector. If you can tolerate a secondary display, a wireless camera might make more sense though you still have to power it somehow.
That's the problem, stupid me didn't order the trailer camera package so I'm guessing I won't have the plug on my bumper. I definitely want it in my mirror so maybe I can figure out where or how far the wire is ran from the mirror if at all and connect a aftermarket wire to it then run it to the bed and connect a aftermarket camera. I'm sure they will want way to much for the XH7 trailer camera through the dealer. :(

HowBoutThemGADawgs

Reaction score
Latest update for VIN 3C6UR5NL3NG156583 -2022 2500 Laramie MC Cummins NE Patriot Blue with Laramie B and towing tech B, safety group B, auto level,5th wheel prep, 12" UC5 Nav, SI bed liner, power steps
Looks like it is taking about a month to get to GA pending any further delays. If I'm reading this correctly it should be on a train at the border?
Order date 8/18
Build Sheet Populated 11/29
Window Sticker Populated 11/30
1638803989560.png

hotrodssisco

Reaction score
That's the problem, stupid me didn't order the trailer camera package so I'm guessing I won't have the plug on my bumper. I definitely want it in my mirror so maybe I can figure out where or how far the wire is ran from the mirror if at all and connect a aftermarket wire to it then run it to the bed and connect a aftermarket camera. I'm sure they will want way to much for the XH7 trailer camera through the dealer. :(
Well, the XH7 option is $450-that's the camera and a whole bunch of cable, it appears. You would need the digital mirror option, and the rear plug. You may be able to add the connector (and even put it in bed) but more than likely whoever controls the mirror (Body Control Module?) would need to be recoded.

rossagge

Reaction score
Wow! couldn't have asked for much better than that! Enjoy pushing all the buttons then seeing wha happens!!
Haha. I was thinking the same. When I get mine, thought about just removing my the carpeted section to save it from wear, but if I ever want to put them back in gonna have to pressure was all the grit out of those snaps!

Blowenblu

Reaction score
Well, the XH7 option is $450-that's the camera and a whole bunch of cable, it appears. You would need the digital mirror option, and the rear plug. You may be able to add the connector (and even put it in bed) but more than likely whoever controls the mirror (Body Control Module?) would need to be recoded.
It's $450. when building truck, but how much are they going to what for it when tiring to purchase direct from dealer? I already have the digital mirror so I am wondering if its already programed for the trailer camera? If i can buy the XH7 from dealer at reasonable price it comes with everything: Camera, Wires and Plug for bumper.

matemike

Reaction score
If your truck has the Tow-Mode digital RR view camera system (AVF), it will come with the digital rear view mirror, the camera in the center stop lamp AND the extra camera to mount on your trailer plus the 50' cable.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Last edited:

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I did not get the digital mirror, I do have the 12 pin connector on my bumper and in my box.

BMax94

Reaction score
Latest update for VIN 3C6UR5NL3NG156583 -2022 2500 Laramie MC Cummins NE Patriot Blue with Laramie B and towing tech B, safety group B, auto level,5th wheel prep, 12" UC5 Nav, SI bed liner, power steps
Looks like it is taking about a month to get to GA pending any further delays. If I'm reading this correctly it should be on a train at the border?
Order date 8/18
View attachment 27388
I’m sure this has already been covered, but this is info the dealer can get, or does it need to come from an insider? Ram Chat told me this morning I’m in the shipping stage, but didn’t give more details.

beckty85

Reaction score
If your truck has the Tow-Mode digital RR view camera system (AVF), it will come with the digital rear view mirror, the camera in the center stop lamp AND the extra camera to mount on your trailer plus the 50' cable.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php
Won’t come with the extra camera and cable unless you add the “tow mode camera wired “ option. Getting the digital rear view alone doesn’t include that.

Blowenblu

Reaction score
Won’t come with the extra camera and cable unless you add the “tow mode camera wired “ option. Getting the digital rear view alone doesn’t include that.
Agree, I ordered the Laramie with Safety Group B. It comes with the Digital Rear View Mirror but not Trailer Camera. So I guess I don't get the trailer camera plug on bumper either.

1638809484434.png

matemike

Reaction score
First attachment in my post said if you ordered AVF it will include the mirror, the camera in the stop lamp AND the loose tow mode camera plus the cable. I didn't think it could be more clear than that,
If yu ordered safety group AAU, it comes with the mirror, but no spare camera. You'll need to order XH7 to have the trailer camera. Anyone know what is the three letter code for the digital mirror only option?
XH7 is the loose camera and cable
AVF is the entire package

rossagge

Reaction score
I’m sure this has already been covered, but this is info the dealer can get, or does it need to come from an insider? Ram Chat told me this morning I’m in the shipping stage, but didn’t give more details.
Your sales rep/dealership has that info.
Edit: or something very similar to that that will show ETA once it's built. POC will show status.

Last edited:

beckty85

Reaction score
First attachment in my post said if you ordered AVF it will include the mirror, the camera in the stop lamp AND the loose tow mode camera plus the cable. I didn't think it could be more clear than that,
If yu ordered safety group AAU, it comes with the mirror, but no spare camera. You'll need to order XH7 to have the trailer camera. Anyone know what is the three letter code for the digital mirror only option?
XH7 is the loose camera and cable
AVF is the entire package
I stand corrected, your attachment Didn’t show for me on my phone. Yes I had the safety group so only had to add the xh7

Scvette

Reaction score
Your order date is the same as mine, your build date is the same, trucks look the same other than color and mines drw truck. Mine went KZM on 12/3 so hopefully it was on the same train as yours. Mine is going to the PNW though. Hopefully I’ll find out a eta to the dealer today.
Does your lift come with new control arms, track bar, and rear blocks and shocks.

I may be wrong, but don't think it would have had over 5 or 6 gallons from the factory. As I agree want them as light as they can get them for sure. But just saying as it has the 50 gallon tank. 25 may be the best it gets. But then again that's around $70. worth in it now.

Order date 8/18
View attachment 27388

Users who are viewing this thread