Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Sweet. I’ve got a Sportsman 500 HO. Love to drive it all over Camp Hale Memorial. Our new hauler is a 25Pack12 platinum. We’re pretty elated over it.

New truck will be a limited mega 3500 Cummins HO. Current is a 2015 2500 hemi limited. It’s a great truck, just not enough power for my work or play anymore.
I also have a Polaris sportsman 850.
pm me and we’ll go riding.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I think your gonna be super happy. My truck is an ‘06 2500 Diesel and I drove a new 3500 diesel for a test drive and was astounded. Drives way better then my 3/4 ton and with a better turning radius.
so did you do your shoot at Ben Lomond?

I'm a BLGC member.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
I'm a BLGC member.
Really? That’s awesome. You just reminded me I have to renew. Do you know George Wright? He was the president there for a long time back when.
I like Ben Lomond. Just wish instead of doing another 400 yard range they would have spent the same money or less and made the high power into a 1000 yard range.
PM me and we could shoot together.

Lamiglas

Reaction score
I Picked up my truck tonight from Bud Clary in Moses Lake Wa. This has been the best experience I have had on a new vehicle purchase. Everything was exactly as they said it would be regarding the deal we worked out and we were in and out in no time at all. First we met with John and he went over the truck with us while Gary took my trade in for a test drive. They made sure everything on the new truck was programmed/ set up and then we met with Kevin in finance. He had everything ready to go and we were on the road. We weren't rushed and there was no pressure. Everyone we worked with did an outstanding job. Very friendly and proffesional. Awesome experience and I would definitely buy from them again! I will take some pics tomorrow, before I take it in for wheels and tires so I have some before and after pics.

Last edited:

adam9936

Reaction score
Give Mark Dodge or one of the other dealers that are discounting a call. They beat EP on initial build quote and have been incredibly easy to deal with.
Do you have a location on Mark Dodge or any other dealers that are discounting? Thank you!

adam9936

Reaction score
I Picked up my truck tonight from Bud Clary in Moses Lake Wa. This has been the best experience I have had on a new vehicle purchase. Everything was exactly as they said it would be regarding the deal we worked out and we were in and out in no time at all. First we met with John and he went over the truck with us while Gary took my trade in for a test drive. They made sure everything on the new truck was programmed/ set up and then we met with Kevin in finance. He had everything ready to go and we were on the road. We weren't rushed and there was no pressure. Everyone we worked with did an outstanding job. Very friendly and proffesional. Awesome experience and I would definitely buy from them again! I will take some pics tomorrow, before I take it in for wheels and tires so I have some before and after pics.
Fantastic. How was pricing? Moses lake is just a few hundred miles from me!

adam9936

Reaction score
Mark Dodge is in Lake Charles, Louisiana

Other dealers may discount on orders, but you have to work a bit harder in some cases.
Appreciate it! LA is too far for me to go right now, but good to know some places are discounting. The largest RAM dealership in the west (Dave Smith in Idaho) is at MSRP and they’ve always been the best price I’ve seen.

Grizzly Dave

Reaction score
Appreciate it! LA is too far for me to go right now, but good to know some places are discounting. The largest RAM dealership in the west (Dave Smith in Idaho) is at MSRP and they’ve always been the best price I’ve seen.

Wow, I'd have figured they'd be under MSRP. I got under MSRP in the Denver area, but through a friend of a friend, so not sure how common that is. For the record, Mark Dodge will ship it to you, handle all the paperwork over the internet. Get a great price, but don't get a chance to look it over.....might be worth a shot, lots of guys on this forum doing it. All a matter of what you are comfortable with.

Linked4door

Reaction score
FWIW, average savings of 10k and average shipping of 1k. Just using ballpark numbers from what I have seen and been personally quoted.

If local dealers are at MSRP you will still save thousands and not have to drive as it will be delivered to your door.

msoto

Reaction score
4” to 6” is on special at sinister diesel with free shipping. I ordered one but polished ss instead of black coated

Attachments

• 7F63CB39-337A-4F22-9706-70C22AD9A05A.png
    7F63CB39-337A-4F22-9706-70C22AD9A05A.png
    791.3 KB · Views: 46

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Really? That’s awesome. You just reminded me I have to renew. Do you know George Wright? He was the president there for a long time back when.
I like Ben Lomond. Just wish instead of doing another 400 yard range they would have spent the same money or less and made the high power into a 1000 yard range.
PM me and we could shoot together.

I took my CCW class from George in 2011.

The 600 isn't laid out to enable extension north, they would have to back up 400 yards south and reroute the road and putting in the comp berms effed that all up. Backing 400 yards would put the shooting lanes behind the comp berms.

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Riddle me this batman, why is it, that the HD trucks don't come with a telescoping steering wheel????? Tilt yes, telescope, no. the 1500s have it IIRC....

1500 is the 5th Gen cab. We're still Gen 4.5.

It's been discussed before. It's not like it would be hard for them to design and add a telescoping wheel.

Garcia320

Reaction score
D28E0CDD-CC73-4F1C-9421-AF6AFB5B9458.jpgJust got my ram connect hooked up and noticed 2 different paint color names. Anyone know what’s up with it?

adam9936

Reaction score
Wow, I'd have figured they'd be under MSRP. I got under MSRP in the Denver area, but through a friend of a friend, so not sure how common that is. For the record, Mark Dodge will ship it to you, handle all the paperwork over the internet. Get a great price, but don't get a chance to look it over.....might be worth a shot, lots of guys on this forum doing it. All a matter of what you are comfortable with.
That's really helpful, thank you! I would be comfortable with it if I could get anywhere near the price of 8-10k under msrp

Scubaz66

Reaction score
LOL All the Members who have received their trucks are so happy they no longer have time to read the Forum because they are out enjoying and breaking in that new engine...... I don't blame them!! I would be too! As you can tell I haven't yet received mine because I'm still asking questions and easy ones too.

If a Member who has already received their truck happens to return to this Forum would they please answer two questions?

1. How many inches of ground clearance at the Drivers door from the Rocker Panel to the ground. I'm looking to purchase a set of side steps or Nerf Bars.

2. Can anyone who opted for the basic Floor Mats (Not the $150 add set) show me a picture of their Front and Rear mats? I'm wondering if I need to purchase the $150 set.

Kind Regards,

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I may have to replace factory one with that one - Part Number and what minor mods were required? I cant quite figure out from picture

Part #AMP75324-01A
Price $280
The only modifications necessary were:

1. I had to shave some metal off of one bottom corner of the bracket that mounts to the factory bumper mount so that it would clear the tube on the hitch. See attached picture with red circle.

2. The holes they provide on the bracket for you to relocate all your wiring harnesses would not work because they are round holes and the Christmas tree clips on the factory harnesses are oval in shape. Just had to zip tie the harnesses up and out of the way.

Not a difficult job, just not as easy as it could be.
As of yet, amp still does not list one for a 2022.

2871304a8b2afd45dca94982b21036c6.jpg

58e3c88d6186caabb53ce784362962ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 27318Just got my ram connect hooked up and noticed 2 different paint color names. Anyone know what’s up with it?

That’s a new one. I seem to remember back a few months, when the Canadian online builder for 2022 trucks opened, they had a different name listed for what I know to be “Delmonico Red”. Perhaps they change it based on location? I’ve always known that color as Delmonico red and that is what is listed on both my equipment listing, my POC, and my window sticker. They keep changing the name of the paint but the code (PRV) stays the same. I’ve heard it referred to as:

“Passion Red”
“Dark Garnet Red Pearl”
“Velvet Red Pearl”
“Delmonico Red”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread