Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
I live in Colorado as well and I pull either my side x side or four wheeler into the hills but never had to worry about sublimental heat. I think it just the Ford that has that. My ‘06 Ram Cummins gets hot quick and at home in Larkspur I plug in mostly to keep from killing my batteries.
Where are you living in Co.? Where are you taking your 10k of toys?
I live in Aurora and we haul up into areas near vail to camp and play all the time. Wasn’t too bad when we had a pop up toy hauler that was 6k fully loaded with our stuff, but now we have a beast. The Hemi gets 4-5mpg pulling it on flats, and never leaves 1mpg going up the hill.

Attachments

• 128675C4-A879-439A-99F2-8BEC348B8894.jpeg
    128675C4-A879-439A-99F2-8BEC348B8894.jpeg
    301.6 KB · Views: 77

Bruno Diesel

Reaction score
That’s a good deal, I asked my selling dealer what he’d charge to just install my Carli leveling kit springs and put the new front shocks and realign $775+ tax so I guess it’s not a bad price for mine.
Does your lift come with new control arms, track bar, and rear blocks and shocks.

DougB

Reaction score
My son and I made the 12-hour round trip to Mark Dodge today to pick up the new truck. Traded in the '06 so that made it an easy swap. Charles and Aaron commented when I pulled up that I was buying exactly the same truck just 16 years newer. YEP! It's the perfect truck setup inside and out for me and my family. Definitely a "Changing of the Guard" moment. Was a bit saddened to see the '06 go as the truck has a ton of memories, but after 321 miles in the '22, I'm all smiles and ready for 13+ years with this truck to make memories. Once I got it home and saw it in the driveway, sitting in the '06's environment, it hit me. DAMN, IT LOOKS GOOD!!!!

The process at Mark Dodge was super easy. Went as fast or slow as I wanted it to be, and overall, thoroughly enjoyable. I met Charles and Aaron in person and cannot say enough great things about how they treated us and were patient through everything. Wish Sandi was located at the dealer so I could have thanked her in person, too. I did not get a chance to thank Jason in person today, either. Wish I was local to Mark Dodge and could use them as my normal service dealer.

Unbeknownst to me until I was there today, they put half tank of diesel fuel in it since they offer 250miles of free delivery, this is essentially that same perk for those picking up. They installed Mopar locking lug nuts and a spare tire lock. None of those 3 things were requested by me. I was pleasantly surprised today when I found out they threw those extras in. No, they aren't high dollar items but it's the principle. In Louisiana, it's called lagniappe, a little extra something. BTW, I went to high school and college in LA so I am very familiar with the hospitality of LA people. It's truly unique. GEAUX TIGERS!!

Tomorrow I'll clean her up and install the pre-purchased add-ons:
Rear Amp bed step
Passenger and driver Amp bed steps
Leer Latitude bed cover
Banks Pedal Monster with iDash

Have some other items on the Christmas wish list. :)

IMG_7628.JPG

IMG_7631.JPG

IMG_7638.JPG

Last edited:

Mptolomey

Reaction score
Easier buying experience I have ever had. Spent maybe 10-15 on zoom and then 10 minutes going through the docusign after. Just have to wire the money Monday and buy my plane ticket. Will buy again from MD
I just did the same this afternoon/evening. Flying in Wednesday afternoon to pick it up.

Scvette

Reaction score
Nope just a leveling kit, so it’s only springs for the front and fox shocks. I ordered my truck with air suspension but then cancelled air and was confirmed by dealer it was canceled so I ordered the leveling kit and it’s here for a non air truck. Got my build sheet and it has air suspension so I called CJC off-road where I bought the kit, they said all I have to do is add the 1” blocks for the rear, including 1” blocks for the air bags. I’ll do the rear myself.
Oh and I forgot my truck is a dually

tnpete

Reaction score
It isn't necessarily anyone's being stingy with fuel in your new truck tank unless maybe your dealership once the truck is grounded. Keep in mind when automobiles are in shipment the shipping company wants the vehicles as light as possible as to cut down on weight. 50 gal of diesel weighs approximately 355 lbs. So put 5-6 of these big trucks on a portable parking lot and you'll add another 2000lbs of weight to the load which in-turn cuts into the drivers profit.
I may be wrong, but don't think it would have had over 5 or 6 gallons from the factory. As I agree want them as light as they can get them for sure. But just saying as it has the 50 gallon tank. 25 may be the best it gets. But then again that's around $70. worth in it now.

Scvette

Reaction score
On my build sheet there’s a line item that say fuel fill/battery fill, so I’d assume that would be full fuel.

beckty85

Reaction score
They called me when they were “putting fuel in” to see if I wanted it washed. Definitely didn’t fill her up. I’m sure they will put some more in before meeting me at the Houston airport.

Pretty much every POC said 5.5 gallons of diesel, so I’m thinking that’s what they ship with.

Attachments

• 047C05ED-3DF8-4BEF-8F03-F7C25BEDC9F6.png
    047C05ED-3DF8-4BEF-8F03-F7C25BEDC9F6.png
    1 MB · Views: 55

tnpete

Reaction score
I just did the same this afternoon/evening. Flying in Wednesday afternoon to pick it up.
Will get mine out of your way Tuesday am. Also went though the process this evening. Sure beats the buying experience over the last 50 years.

rossagge

Reaction score
They called me when they were “putting fuel in” to see if I wanted it washed. Definitely didn’t fill her up. I’m sure they will put some more in before meeting me at the Houston airport.

Pretty much every POC said 5.5 gallons of diesel, so I’m thinking that’s what they ship with.
Same when I checked my app.

223500DRW

Reaction score
I may be wrong, but don't think it would have had over 5 or 6 gallons from the factory. As I agree want them as light as they can get them for sure. But just saying as it has the 50 gallon tank. 25 may be the best it gets. But then again that's around $70. worth in it now.
when I looked into mine recently MD told me.45.00 of fuel is what they put in the tanks.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
I live in Aurora and we haul up into areas near vail to camp and play all the time. Wasn’t too bad when we had a pop up toy hauler that was 6k fully loaded with our stuff, but now we have a beast. The Hemi gets 4-5mpg pulling it on flats, and never leaves 1mpg going up the hill.
That’s a really nice trailer. I looked at those.
I‘ve been doing Divide and we also did fall colors in Buena Vista. Always looking for new places to take the Kawasaki KRX. Bet Vail is awesome.
When I get the new Cummins I’m getting a camper/toy hauler.
Did you get your new truck yet and what are you getting?

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Those that ordered from Mark Dodge, did any of you have them install a lift?

If so, what kind of lift? Cost? Did it significantly add to your wait to pick up? Did you have the parts shipped to them ahead of time?

Wondering same thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
That’s a really nice trailer. I looked at those.
I‘ve been doing Divide and we also did fall colors in Buena Vista. Always looking for new places to take the Kawasaki KRX. Bet Vail is awesome.
When I get the new Cummins I’m getting a camper/toy hauler.
Did you get your new truck yet and what are you getting?
Sweet. I’ve got a Sportsman 500 HO. Love to drive it all over Camp Hale Memorial. Our new hauler is a 25Pack12 platinum. We’re pretty elated over it.

New truck will be a limited mega 3500 Cummins HO. Current is a 2015 2500 hemi limited. It’s a great truck, just not enough power for my work or play anymore.

ACEd

Reaction score
For those of you ordering your trucks, I would recommend NOT purchasing the factory bed step and instead purchasing an aftermarket one from Amp Research. Based on other members posts here, this Amp step is much larger and gives you a much better step to access the tailgate and bed. It functions the same way as the factory ram step. It is not power, but manual fold away. If you need more info let me know. This one is for a 19-21 model year ram HD. Amp didn’t list a 22 yet, however with a minor modification this one worked fine (see pic with red circle)

Edit: link https://www.amp-research.com/bedstep-bumper-step

a866e527aec07838c6f6d0c480f74356.jpg

c17726e8ccb51e837eb91747c032f22e.jpg

0ca0dd95e28a5015988129d555c574cc.jpg

019d8736767e0c6efd741a37d7531a36.jpg

8f7cd9a646dfa56f38d4335a53611f6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I may have to replace factory one with that one - Part Number and what minor mods were required? I cant quite figure out from picture

Users who are viewing this thread