Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

hotrodssisco

Reaction score
Never heard of such a thing. The single walled have a drain hole on the lip to drain water but a double wall does not need it. The pipe is not vented, why would a tip need to be? I am befungled……..non-sense!
The vented tip draws in air as exhaust passes (slightly) cooling it, especially in regen. Ford started the cooling vents when someone's truck caught fire to the neighbor's cat, or something. Have a Magnaflow cat-back pipe on the '17, and the one for the '22 is in transit, which is where I hope the truck is.
https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...series-filter-back-performance-exhaust-system
You can see vents. BTW, for those that may ask; no, the sound does not change, and no performance difference noticed, but at least the whole pipe is black so when viewed from the back of the truck, it's not just a black tip on a silver pipe. Honestly, the vents probably don't do much, so I wouldn't sweat a solid one. More for looks than anything.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
The vented tip draws in air as exhaust passes (slightly) cooling it, especially in regen. Ford started the cooling vents when someone's truck caught fire to the neighbor's cat, or something. Have a Magnaflow cat-back pipe on the '17, and the one for the '22 is in transit, which is where I hope the truck is.
https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...series-filter-back-performance-exhaust-system
You can see vents. BTW, for those that may ask; no, the sound does not change, and no performance difference noticed, but at least the whole pipe is black so when viewed from the back of the truck, it's not just a black tip on a silver pipe. Honestly, the vents probably don't do much, so I wouldn't sweat a solid one. More for looks than anything.
I worked with the engineer that got the patent on that back around 06 or so.

rockman88

Reaction score
Beautiful. Really like those molded splash guards, are those Mopar and installed by the dealership?

Yes and yes. Took dealer 10 minutes to install!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hotrodssisco

Reaction score
Thanks. This truck is freaking amazing. Standard on Limited.

So, I have a question-is the snappy part in the center unsnap for a well to contain water? I'm debating letting my 10 yr. old Ram mats go with trade-in.

rockman88

Reaction score
Sick looking truck.

Tell me about the Ram Mud Flaps. I need something.

Walked into Parts at Sliman’s, asked for the front and rear sets of molded splash guards for 3500 with flares. The were about $80-90 total (bought a few weeks ago), and dealer put them on today while waiting. Took them 10 minutes no charge.

Bruno Diesel

Reaction score
Picked up the truck from the dealership. They installed the 3” BDS lift w 2.0 Fox shocks. Nitto 35/11.50/20 Ridge grapplers. Two weeks and changes will drop off tomorrow evening for ceramic coating .

Attachments

• F700E011-7B1C-414D-80AE-85DB75EB1D94.jpeg
    F700E011-7B1C-414D-80AE-85DB75EB1D94.jpeg
    902.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 0F46B943-10AB-4842-B3FD-CB2C9B4CB826.jpeg
    0F46B943-10AB-4842-B3FD-CB2C9B4CB826.jpeg
    940.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 49C72E65-AE13-4414-8D42-2C62B86C509E.jpeg
    49C72E65-AE13-4414-8D42-2C62B86C509E.jpeg
    944 KB · Views: 123

Scvette

Reaction score
What did they charge you to install the lift and shocks?
Picked up the truck from the dealership. They installed the 3” BDS lift w 2.0 Fox shocks. Nitto 35/11.50/20 Ridge grapplers. Two weeks and changes will drop off tomorrow evening for ceramic coating .

JABAR357

Reaction score
For the people still waiting to receive your orders! I feel your anxiety. I was going nuts. I hope you all are amazed with yours as I am with my truck. The performance is outstanding. I’m still learning the still learning the beast. I only used one tank of fuel. It drives and rides beautifully. I’m averaging 18 mpg at highway speeds adjusting speed between 65-85 mph. I couldn’t be happier. Hope you enjoy your trucks as much as I am.

Attachments

• 2022 Ram 3500 .jpg
    2022 Ram 3500 .jpg
    778.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1889.jpg
    IMG_1889.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1892.jpg
    IMG_1892.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1894.jpg
    IMG_1894.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 94

Scvette

Reaction score
That’s a good deal, I asked my selling dealer what he’d charge to just install my Carli leveling kit springs and put the new front shocks and realign $775+ tax so I guess it’s not a bad price for mine.
630 with frontend Alignment done

CforHD

Reaction score
Those that ordered from Mark Dodge, did any of you have them install a lift?

If so, what kind of lift? Cost? Did it significantly add to your wait to pick up? Did you have the parts shipped to them ahead of time?

Last edited:

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
Ha! The emission system on my Cummins doesn’t want to work when it’s colder the +10F, I’m in alaska, we spend a lot of time colder then +10F. Had -22F a couple weeks ago. it Try’s to regenerate but I don’t have the time to drive for an extra 20-30 minutes to let it finish. When it does finish, it goes Right back to being a problem the next day. Pretty much been in reduced power mode a lot due to it not making a complete regen. It's going To get a manual regen next week. if mine has a supplemental heater, it has never worked. I’ll let it warm up for 20-30 minutes the. Drive it to town 15-20 minutes, and it’s still cold inside. Glad it has the heated wheel and seats. I have an 2001 f350 gasser. Warm it up for 15 minutes, and it’s toasty before I leave. I tow several times a week but only 6-10klbs. I don’t work the depieselmhard enough for it to be happy. I don’t mind paying more for fuel, truck is $10ishK cheaper, fuel filters are dirt cheap, oil changes are easy, and no dpf/def system to make me scream and yell.
Yeah, we don’t get that cold often, I figure I’ll plug in the heater overnight if it’s an issue. I tow about 4k every day, not an issue for the hemi. It’s the 10k a few times per month and taking our toy hauler of 10k up the hills of Colorado that does it.
Does anyone have info on the supposed supplemental heater?

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Yeah, we don’t get that cold often, I figure I’ll plug in the heater overnight if it’s an issue. I tow about 4k every day, not an issue for the hemi. It’s the 10k a few times per month and taking our toy hauler of 10k up the hills of Colorado that does it.
Does anyone have info on the supposed supplemental heater?
I live in Colorado as well and I pull either my side x side or four wheeler into the hills but never had to worry about sublimental heat. I think it just the Ford that has that. My ‘06 Ram Cummins gets hot quick and at home in Larkspur I plug in mostly to keep from killing my batteries.
Where are you living in Co.? Where are you taking your 10k of toys?

Users who are viewing this thread