Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Linked4door

Reaction score
I’m in Holly Ridge on the Coast, between Jacksonville and Wilmington. Also note they ran my credit 3 times when I asked them not to and they agreed. I’m in the middle of a house purchase so I wasn’t too happy with them about that.
Appreciate the heads up on the credit pull, looking to purchase my self next year. I am a few hours west of you near Raleigh. I am definitely going to have them get some quotes on shipping it now. If you have any issues having it shipped please let me know.

hotrodssisco

Reaction score
I can tell you on my laramie the my7 cost msrp is 995.00 hopefully they dont charge you. however its cheaper than amp research aftermarket ones.
I'm betting they are AMP's, and you don't have to do the install (which I have done a few times), if not a PITA, is time consuming. Why I went with Limited & Level 1 - didn't really need adaptive cruise, etc., but a few of the other features (surround view, trailer assist, digital rearview) kind of made it worth it.

dkwagner

Reaction score
Unlikely, they are pumping them out now, I assume (like me) dk ordered a 21 and they tried to make it sound good that it was changed to a 22 lol. He had a 4-month wait to begin production.
That is exactly what happened.

gator6

Reaction score
I can tell you on my laramie the my7 cost msrp is 995.00 hopefully they dont charge you. however its cheaper than amp research aftermarket ones.
yeah, that would piss me off... it's like I told the dealer, I technically paid for both so whichever one you don't put on, just throw in the bed.

dkwagner

Reaction score
If it will help you guys who are in this waiting room from hell, I discovered a plan that helped me tremendously. I simply extended my Copenhagen consumption by 3 times my normal rate. It's difficult sleeping with it, at first. It's also right tasty sprinkled on your Captain Crunch or stirred in with your coffee.

ACEd

Reaction score
How much did you get. I will be selling my wheels (20” black rims from the NE package on the limited) and tires as well
Based on previous posts anything $800 or above seems to be going rate for Laramie 18 inch. I believe someone earlier got an offset on purchase of $600 on tires and $200 on wheels and that seemed generous on tires since the Firestone HT's wholesale for about that. 20 inch should go higher (its a $1700 add over the stock 18 inch on MSRP) - 20 inch will get you the AT tires instead of the HT and black should bring a premium, but dont expect to get $1700.

It also depends on whether you are selling to a dealer (or someone who is going to flip them) or to a user. I was offered $70 a tire at Discount Tire and they would not touch wheels. Have also heard of Tire dealers stuck with OE wheels dumping sets of wheels for $350 on Craigs List.

But best option most of the time is to sell tires / wheels as a set. But it also depends on where you are - up north wheels are generally more saleable, more $, to someone looking for 2nd set of wheels for snow tires - in that case you might be better separating tires / wheels.

All this assumes you move the TPMS sensors to your new wheels. Sensors retail for at least $30 ea so if you leave sensors in, that would add some value to someone with a 2019-22.
But I have seen 20's takeoff tire/wheel sets listed "retail" without TPMS at a dealers specializing in takeoffs around $1200-1700 in TX. ($1700 dealer was offering financing).

hotrodssisco

Reaction score
Based on previous posts anything $800 or above seems to be going rate for Laramie 18 inch. I believe someone earlier got an offset on purchase of $600 on tires and $200 on wheels and that seemed generous on tires since the Firestone HT's wholesale for about that. 20 inch should go higher (its a $1700 add over the stock 18 inch on MSRP) - 20 inch will get you the AT tires instead of the HT and black should bring a premium, but dont expect to get $1700.

It also depends on whether you are selling to a dealer (or someone who is going to flip them) or to a user. I was offered $70 a tire at Discount Tire and they would not touch wheels. Have also heard of Tire dealers stuck with OE wheels dumping sets of wheels for $350 on Craigs List.

But best option most of the time is to sell tires / wheels as a set. But it also depends on where you are - up north wheels are generally more saleable, more $, to someone looking for 2nd set of wheels for snow tires - in that case you might be better separating tires / wheels.

All this assumes you move the TPMS sensors to your new wheels. Sensors retail for at least $30 ea so if you leave sensors in, that would add some value to someone with a 2019-22.
But I have seen 20's takeoff tire/wheel sets listed "retail" without TPMS at a dealers specializing in takeoffs around $1200-1700 in TX. ($1700 dealer was offering financing).
When I lifted my '17, sold takeoffs (20") with somewhere around 18,000 mi. for $1000. My theory is especially around here, someone is always driving around with worse tires than you are trying to sell..

blackshoesblackhat

Reaction score
Dealer expects my truck to be on the lot 12-15. Right at 7 months from order date. I'm more patient than I thought. Night Edition Laramie Hemi Mega, all black.
Ordered the same but in silver, should be at dealer the 14th. Where you located? I'm in Los Angeles.

CJTEX

Just came here to flex
Reaction score
Hello my people, I'm still alive and got my truck setup, still waiting on ceramic coating and tint. A little before and after tires... truck is awesome and still some more to do but mission competed LA to VA. Goodluck!

Attachments

• 20211201_072750.jpg
    20211201_072750.jpg
    626 KB · Views: 86
  • 20211201_114817.jpg
    20211201_114817.jpg
    890.6 KB · Views: 87

gator6

Reaction score
Guys/Gals,

I am just amazed at what is going on here. I can remember vehicle shopping with my parents years ago, we'd go to the dealerships, get the brochures, "build" our dream vehicles, but (for my family) we'd always get something that was on the lot. I will admit as a senior in high school my father got me a brand new truck ('99 Jalapeno green Ranger) mainly because he figured I'd take his F150, but ever since then I've only drove used vics. I always told myself when I retired from the Navy I would someday buy a new 3500, but never saw this day coming. The odd thing to me is that with the stock system the way it is this year trying to buy a truck off a lot now is a rarity, save for some who don't mind the usual Tradesman or Big Horn that a dealer orders. Every now and then you find some upper models available but, for the most part, these dealers are trying to pull one over on the customer and charge you an arm and a leg.

Shopping for a truck (I'm sure a lot of vehicles are the same way) now has changed. I am happy that everyone here is getting their vehicles, but this just seems out of place. Waiting, hoping, praying for an update. I'm not going to wander into politics, but damn we're in a pickle. I'm just thankful there are a number of you here to reach out to for answers for those of us just starting out this process. Sorry for the rant, just reflecting on what I've been reading for the past 76 pages of post.

Gig 'em!

Users who are viewing this thread