Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Coonhound

Reaction score
Got the updated POC. Sadly the changes I made 2-3 days after I ordered don’t seem to be on the list. Fingers crossed I get my truck in January!
Maybe someone else here will correct me, but I don't know anyone in here that was able to make changes but a few have tried. I am CRUSHED that my salesman didn't check the Alpine system on my order and I didn't catch it. Tried to get it added but kept being told it was too late.

ACEd

Reaction score
well what the heck, crypto stickers not showing a sticker, the chryster site not showint it, but that dang officer dirty sanches tracking spread sheet does....

View attachment 27058
Could you please add a picture of your POC (Priced Order Confirmation) sheet if you have one from dealer - it would answer a question as to Power deployable running boards which are part of Level 1 pkg vs fixed running boards

gator6

Reaction score

HowBoutThemGADawgs

Reaction score
Anticipating dealer arrival any day now after 6/14 order and 11/29 train offload, I’ve been driving by the dealer each night…

…and admiring the couple HDs they offloaded or have…

…is it me or do the stock tires on these things look like temporary car donut tires?

So I’m sure I’ll get redirected to another thread, but real fast can anyone give me thoughts on a replacement tire and size that, perhaps lifts the truck slightly and fills up the wheel well more on my 20” NE rims?

I’d rather not invest in $K’s in a proper lift, new rims 37” etc just looking for a slight improvement…. TIA…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After doing months of research, there are mixed reviews in several forums including this one on whether the 35x11.5 or 295/65r20's would fit without rubbing on stock and even aftermarket rims not to mention every truck built may have small differences in exact height etc that could effect this. I really wanted to take a chance and go with true 35's but decided to go a different route instead so as to not chance having to cut/trim on a brand new truck. My 2500 MC will also have the auto level suspension and the only level kit I would consider after the research would be the Carli Pin top designed for it which is a few thousand dollars at best (I may add this at a future date but did not want to drop the additional cash just yet). After months of debating with myself I finally ordered the Gloss Black Fuel Sledge 20x9 with +20 offset to be wrapped with 285/65R20 Nitto RG tires (these should come in at 34.8"x11.5 according to their factory specs) but this size should be fine on a factory wheel as well from what I have read. I have also seen several HD's locally with this size tire on them and IMO looks way better that the factory tires. Anyways, hoping to see my truck before Christmas and will post some pics of the setup as soon as it actually arrives. On a side note, every tire brand is different even though they may say on them they are the same size due to tread depth/aggressiveness etc, just mentioning this to say that it may be possible that one brand of 295/65 tire could fit fine but another tire in a different brand may rub so make sure to look at the factory specs from the tire manufacturers as well when trying to make a decision.

kennelpj

Reaction score
Maybe someone else here will correct me, but I don't know anyone in here that was able to make changes but a few have tried. I am CRUSHED that my salesman didn't check the Alpine system on my order and I didn't catch it. Tried to get it added but kept being told it was too late.
I added a sunroof and switched my paint from granite to black successfully about a week after I ordered.

Oneskeemer

Reaction score
I just wanted to thank the admins and others on this forum who have been such a wealth of information! I'll be moving over to the other forums here now as I have received the truck.

I flew to New Orleans and met the Mark Dodge rep at the baggage claim and was on the way home in my new truck within 10 minutes. There's a couple of minor things with the truck I need to get sorted (Factory issues, not Mark Dodge). BY the time I had gotten home, I had all the paperwork needed to register the vehicle in Florida and have to say I'd order again from MD with no reservation.

Here's the details and a couple of pics.

9/9/21 -2022 2500 Limited Ordered- Hemi, Level 1, Maximum Steel, Night Edition, Sunroof
9/11/21 - VIN Received
10/15/21 - Build Sheet Posted
10/23/21 - Confirmation Truck was Built
10/30/21 - Window Sheet Posted
11/02/21 - Shipping Stage (via Ram Chat)
11/11/21 - Awaiting Road Transport to Mark Dodge from Depot
11/19/21 - Ready for Pick Up at Mark Dodge

View attachment 26997View attachment 26998
Nice home-20 too.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
After doing months of research, there are mixed reviews in several forums including this one on whether the 35x11.5 or 295/65r20's would fit without rubbing on stock and even aftermarket rims not to mention every truck built may have small differences in exact height etc that could effect this. I really wanted to take a chance and go with true 35's but decided to go a different route instead so as to not chance having to cut/trim on a brand new truck. My 2500 MC will also have the auto level suspension and the only level kit I would consider after the research would be the Carli Pin top designed for it which is a few thousand dollars at best (I may add this at a future date but did not want to drop the additional cash just yet). After months of debating with myself I finally ordered the Gloss Black Fuel Sledge 20x9 with +20 offset to be wrapped with 285/65R20 Nitto RG tires (these should come in at 34.8"x11.5 according to their factory specs) but this size should be fine on a factory wheel as well from what I have read. I have also seen several HD's locally with this size tire on them and IMO looks way better that the factory tires. Anyways, hoping to see my truck before Christmas and will post some pics of the setup as soon as it actually arrives. On a side note, every tire brand is different even though they may say on them they are the same size due to tread depth/aggressiveness etc, just mentioning this to say that it may be possible that one brand of 295/65 tire could fit fine but another tire in a different brand may rub so make sure to look at the factory specs from the tire manufacturers as well when trying to make a decision.
Good Valuable Info! I can see you did your research. Thanks for your post!

ACEd

Reaction score
if this isn’t the right place for this question please disregard, does anyone know what options are available when I get my truck for some kind of lifetime powertrain or extended warranty?
Go with MOPAR extended warranties not aftermarket - I went with Max Care option. You get to choose mileage and years and deductable. Dealer can sell it to you but you can also buy from Zeigler at a discounted price if you use code PAYINFULL. Dealer should be able to match that price though my dealer had to sell at full price and discount the price of truck the difference.

Below link should take you to Zeigler

MaxCareExtdWarranty_Page_1.jpgMaxCareExtdWarranty_Page_2.jpgQuote Process ChryslerFactoryPlans.com_Page_1.jpgQuote Process ChryslerFactoryPlans.com_Page_2.jpg

Last edited:

jort2750

Reaction score
I ordered on 7/14 and asked my dealer on 10/08 if he could request to add power deployable running boards. The factory accepted the change on 10/12 and now my truck is built and on a train to my dealer.

dblackwell

Reaction score
I ordered on 7/14 and asked my dealer on 10/08 if he could request to add power deployable running boards. The factory accepted the change on 10/12 and now my truck is built and on a train to my dealer.
Do you know if the changes were reflected on the updated POC when you hit D1?

Spark Plug

Reaction score
You think like me lol. I saw the Fuel Siege went on sale from tire rack last week and ordered a set of Siege 20x9 +20 black. They came in yesterday. Ill be wrapping them with 295/65r20 Toyo AT3. For suspension i have stock coils, springs and trackbars from a power wagon. Now i just need the truck to get here.

Apaschke82

Reaction score
It really depends on a few things to include:
1) How much do you wanna spend?
Xpel is what I have installed and it is not cheap. The larger the area to cover, the higher the price and it can quickly clime the more things you have covered.
2) What trim level and package do you have?
If you have chrome front bumper and front end, you won’t get that covered but if you have the Sport or Night edition it will come with a lot more painted surfaces.

I have talked to my Xpel guy and am
Expecting between $1500-$1800 for the coverage I’m planing on my Laramie Night Edition to include: front bumper, grill surround, headlights, front 20-24” of the hood, front end of the fenders, A pillars, lower 1/3 of all of the doors, door handle pockets, behind the front fenders, and in front of the read wheels. These are the highest likelihood placed to need the added protections. With the thin waterborne paints the now use, it’s important to me to have peace of mind that they are covered. This goes hand in hand with a good set of mudflats/rock guards.
I have the Laramie Night Edition also and want it to be well protected and to stay nice. With how much the truck costs I’m definitely ok spending a little more money to protect my investment. One place gave me a price for partial coverage on the fenders and hood but said that there are visible lines when it’s done that way. I plan to do a ceramic coat also and they don’t apply that to areas with FFP.

HowBoutThemGADawgs

Reaction score
Good Valuable Info! I can see you did your research. Thanks for your post!
Hey...what else are we supposed to do to kill time while waiting?? LOL
Just another couple of quick notes...according to several sources including CJC, if you do decide to go with aftermarket wheels you should get the best possible tire clearance on a +18 or +20 offset wheel option. This would keep the tires closest to even with the factory flares as well if you are going with a Laramie or above trim level. Also, make sure you check the weight ratings on both the tires as well as the wheels as you will not want to sacrifice load rating if you will actually be using the truck for what it is designed for. And if you are going with the standard coils as opposed to the auto level you can get a level kit installed at a much lower price but I would suggest going with one that uses taller coil springs as opposed to the "pucks" so you are able to maintain at least the factory ride quality.

Coonhound

Reaction score
That's awesome. I mean, it sure didn't seem like a big deal to make changes but me and some other guys were told you can't. I kinda always wondered if my salesman was just being lazy.

Users who are viewing this thread