Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Does anyone know the route that a truck would take going to the PNW?
North West! Oh, sorry, there have been a few different routes they have taken, hard to say which one yours will take

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Probably not cheaper, you need both BSM taillights and mirrors, the 2 rear jumper harnesses, the front jumpers from @jimmie07, and enable it, there is a thread on it.

matemike

Reaction score
So I tried to order a 3500 Laramie night edition, dealer said ram has removed the night edition option.
I was also told if I try and order one with a sunroof, or any of the safety groups and basically any other option that the truck would be pushed to the back of the list.
I believe Canada is having the toughest time getting orders placed. Is your dealer giving you that info about night edition across the desk or phone, or are they getting that info from Stellantis, Chrysler Motor Group, Mopar and then passing what they said on to you? Have you tried a different package other than Laramie to get NE? I believe big horn or Limited could have NE as an option still. But do not take my word for it.

DougB

Reaction score
my 2021 Laramie has power folding as well. I dont know exactly when they changed it, but I was told by the dealer that they are manual fold now on the Laramie.
I recall remember they changed packages from A/B with pwr folding mirrors to C/D without on Sept 9.

Edited for PTSD-less verbiage ;)

Last edited:

2019_Ram

Reaction score
For those with a crew cab, NOT mega cab, is there a way to get behind the rear seat? Seems like there's a little storage space there that would be nice to access.

Yes, while I'm waiting, I'm thinking about every stinking little thing....

I wonder if Ram Chat logs every time you contact them....then again, I don't care.

Maybe I should clean out my old truck soon, not that I expect the new one that soon, but.....the weather is getting colder.....
Honestly, the half back seat is full of 'just in case' stuff, heavy coats, tow straps and chains, little compressor, shovel, tie downs, and I'm honestly not sure what else....might be interesting....

Brutal_ho posted a video showing how to do this. https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/crew-cab-rear-seat-mod.3747/post-55880

TLITT6981

Reaction score
if this isn’t the right place for this question please disregard, does anyone know what options are available when I get my truck for some kind of lifetime powertrain or extended warranty?

Reaction score
Question for those that are getting FFP and ceramic coating put on your trucks…what areas do you have the FFP installed? I have one place saying bumper, hood, fenders, and underneath from cab to bed and another just bumper and underneath cab to bed. Thanks for any info.
It really depends on a few things to include:
1) How much do you wanna spend?
Xpel is what I have installed and it is not cheap. The larger the area to cover, the higher the price and it can quickly clime the more things you have covered.
2) What trim level and package do you have?
If you have chrome front bumper and front end, you won’t get that covered but if you have the Sport or Night edition it will come with a lot more painted surfaces.

I have talked to my Xpel guy and am
Expecting between $1500-$1800 for the coverage I’m planing on my Laramie Night Edition to include: front bumper, grill surround, headlights, front 20-24” of the hood, front end of the fenders, A pillars, lower 1/3 of all of the doors, door handle pockets, behind the front fenders, and in front of the read wheels. These are the highest likelihood placed to need the added protections. With the thin waterborne paints the now use, it’s important to me to have peace of mind that they are covered. This goes hand in hand with a good set of mudflats/rock guards.

Reaction score
What do you mean "Method 305HD 18x9+18? Is your truck lifted?
That’s is the brand of wheel and it’s size and offset.

kennelpj

Reaction score
It really depends on a few things to include:
1) How much do you wanna spend?
Xpel is what I have installed and it is not cheap. The larger the area to cover, the higher the price and it can quickly clime the more things you have covered.
2) What trim level and package do you have?
If you have chrome front bumper and front end, you won’t get that covered but if you have the Sport or Night edition it will come with a lot more painted surfaces.

I have talked to my Xpel guy and am
Expecting between $1500-$1800 for the coverage I’m planing on my Laramie Night Edition to include: front bumper, grill surround, headlights, front 20-24” of the hood, front end of the fenders, A pillars, lower 1/3 of all of the doors, door handle pockets, behind the front fenders, and in front of the read wheels. These are the highest likelihood placed to need the added protections. With the thin waterborne paints the now use, it’s important to me to have peace of mind that they are covered. This goes hand in hand with a good set of mudflats/rock guards.
here is a quote I got yesterday for a partial front PPF and ceramic coating.
1638452738915.png

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Anticipating dealer arrival any day now after 6/14 order and 11/29 train offload, I’ve been driving by the dealer each night…

…and admiring the couple HDs they offloaded or have…

…is it me or do the stock tires on these things look like temporary car donut tires?

So I’m sure I’ll get redirected to another thread, but real fast can anyone give me thoughts on a replacement tire and size that, perhaps lifts the truck slightly and fills up the wheel well more on my 20” NE rims?

I’d rather not invest in $K’s in a proper lift, new rims 37” etc just looking for a slight improvement…. TIA…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm curious about this set up as well.

XIKJACK

Reaction score
if this isn’t the right place for this question please disregard, does anyone know what options are available when I get my truck for some kind of lifetime powertrain or extended warranty?
I’m going to get the extended warranty through RAM not the dealership 8 years 125,000 miles bumper to bumper. After the 3 years 36,000 miles it’s $100 deductible. Total cost is just a little over $4,600 pay over 25 months no interest.

Dougjmart

Reaction score
Probably not cheaper, you need both BSM taillights and mirrors, the 2 rear jumper harnesses, the front jumpers from @jimmie07, and enable it, there is a thread on it.
If you don’t mind me asking how much you paid? Infotainment has the whole set for the like $1500 ish I believe? Didn’t know if it was worth sourcing the parts or just buying the set

Users who are viewing this thread