Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

ACEd

Reaction score
Don't go by the Ram site. It's hokey. Wait to hear from your dealership, unless someone on here can verify by checking their POC with the LEVEL 1 and no flat steps.
I can only go by my experience - I checked Wheel to Wheel after I checked Longhorn Level 1 and I got the fixed Wheel to Wheel steps I wanted.
POC_R2a.jpgNG163070_EquipmentList_Steps_Page_1.jpgNG163070_EquipmentList_Steps_Page_2.jpgNG163070_EquipmentList_Steps_Page_3.jpgWindowStickerPDFa.jpg3500RB_9-20_Page_2.jpg3500RB_9-20_Page_3.jpg

Grizzly Dave

Reaction score
For those with a crew cab, NOT mega cab, is there a way to get behind the rear seat? Seems like there's a little storage space there that would be nice to access.

Yes, while I'm waiting, I'm thinking about every stinking little thing....

I wonder if Ram Chat logs every time you contact them....then again, I don't care.

Maybe I should clean out my old truck soon, not that I expect the new one that soon, but.....the weather is getting colder.....
Honestly, the half back seat is full of 'just in case' stuff, heavy coats, tow straps and chains, little compressor, shovel, tie downs, and I'm honestly not sure what else....might be interesting....

beckty85

Reaction score
Anticipating dealer arrival any day now after 6/14 order and 11/29 train offload, I’ve been driving by the dealer each night…

…and admiring the couple HDs they offloaded or have…

…is it me or do the stock tires on these things look like temporary car donut tires?

So I’m sure I’ll get redirected to another thread, but real fast can anyone give me thoughts on a replacement tire and size that, perhaps lifts the truck slightly and fills up the wheel well more on my 20” NE rims?

I’d rather not invest in $K’s in a proper lift, new rims 37” etc just looking for a slight improvement…. TIA…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Switching mine to methods. Nv305-hd. Wrapped in cooper discover at3 285/75-18. It’s about a 35”. Slight lift and fills the wheel well with no rub or trimming needed. Methods are on sale at tire rack now. I’m swapping a buddy my stock nights for his methods. He sold his nights and is selling his truck to go dually.

rockman88

Reaction score
Switching mine to methods. Nv305-hd. Wrapped in cooper discover at3 285/75-18. It’s about a 35”. Slight lift and fills the wheel well with no rub or trimming needed. Methods are on sale at tire rack now. I’m swapping a buddy my stock nights for his methods. He sold his nights and is selling his truck to go dually.

So you’re swapping out rims. Any ideas on keeping my 20” NE rims and getting a bit taller/ filling the wheel well space?

Just looking for rubber tweaks… TIA…

Linked4door

Reaction score
My truck will be here from Mark Dodge on Friday. I thought I’d list some info for those of you who ordered from them.
I financed through them, 2.49% 72 months. (Solid credit, large down payment)
$850 to ship from Lake Charles, LA to NC.
They say from the time a carrier picks your truck up it usually takes 2 days to get to you. (Obviously this will depend on location)
Be ready to make a wire transfer for your down payment.
Hope the info helps someone!
MD has been awesome to work with and I’ll be ordering all my Mopar vehicles from them in the future.
Appreciate the info. I didn't realize the shipping rate was that cheap. Its almost cheaper to ship depending on hotel costs. This is making me second guess flying down and driving back. What part of NC are you in if you don't mind me asking?

Go Fast

Reaction score
What did you order?
I purchased thru East Tennessee Dodge, RAM & Jeep. My order was back on July 14th. Knowing that if you were to get the Hydro - Blue Pearl the vehicle had to be ordered before Mid August, that was my worry not going to get that color.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
So you’re swapping out rims. Any ideas on keeping my 20” NE rims and getting a bit taller/ filling the wheel well space?

Just looking for rubber tweaks… TIA…

Cheaper option: bilstein leveling kit (with the reservoirs) and a 295/65R20 tire.

More $: go to cjc’s website with wifey’s credit card and order a Carli or Thuren leveling kit with the 295 tires.

But I thought there was a thread in the wheels/tires section about the 295 tires.

Edit thread on 295s: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/295-65-20.4289/

And a member’s truck with them:
https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/lets-see-those-35s-on-stock-wheels.6967/post-127591

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't had them before but have heard good things about Rokblokz so thats what I'm going to get.
Kickback bullet proof mudflaps for me with bigger tires and lift

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211201-233345_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211201-233345_Samsung Internet.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 60

Grizzly Dave

Reaction score
well what the heck, crypto stickers not showing a sticker, the chryster site not showint it, but that dang officer dirty sanches tracking spread sheet does....

View attachment 27058

Staying up til 2 am pays off LOL. I should hit the sack, so I can hit up ram chat in the morning hoping for a fictional, mythical delvery date.....

edit, I guess cleaning out the old 2001 dodge 1500 just jumped to the front of the list for tomorrow with temps at a decent level....
so sorry for those who have waited much longer than me...but excited that I might actually see a new truck this year.....been a long year, lost my mom, and dealing with all that, and cleaning out her house, I've enjoying having something else to focus on......

Last edited:

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
For those with a crew cab, NOT mega cab, is there a way to get behind the rear seat? Seems like there's a little storage space there that would be nice to access.

Yes, while I'm waiting, I'm thinking about every stinking little thing....

I wonder if Ram Chat logs every time you contact them....then again, I don't care.

Maybe I should clean out my old truck soon, not that I expect the new one that soon, but.....the weather is getting colder.....
Honestly, the half back seat is full of 'just in case' stuff, heavy coats, tow straps and chains, little compressor, shovel, tie downs, and I'm honestly not sure what else....might be interesting....

I’ve been trying to figure that out on mine since it’s been delivered for the same idea. As of yet I can’t figure out how. My truck has the Harmon Kardon sound system and the 60% side of the back under seat storage bin is consumed by the sound system and subwoofer. I only have the 40% side to store items. When I cleaned out my regular cab 2017 four months ago I took everything out and threw it in a box. I tried to put it all in my new truck when it arrived the other day and found out I actually have less interior storage with a crew cab than I did with a regular cab ….sound system is worth the sacrifice though!!

Dustinfitch12

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to figure that out on mine since it’s been delivered for the same idea. As of yet I can’t figure out how. My truck has the Harmon Kardon sound system and the 60% side of the back under seat storage bin is consumed by the sound system and subwoofer. I only have the 40% side to store items. When I cleaned out my regular cab 2017 four months ago I took everything out and threw it in a box. I tried to put it all in my new truck when it arrived the other day and found out I actually have less interior storage with a crew cab than I did with a regular cab ….sound system is worth the sacrifice though!!

Not 100% on the newer ones but the 2010 model I had the back of the seat rides on like a hook and eye slider. I had to unbolt the frame under the seat flip lower half up and then the upper half would slide down far enough to come out of the eye. Letting the whole seat be removed.

Nosty10s

Reaction score
So I tried to order a 3500 Laramie night edition, dealer said ram has removed the night edition option.
I was also told if I try and order one with a sunroof, or any of the safety groups and basically any other option that the truck would be pushed to the back of the list.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
You may be able to cancel and reorder. Since you are only a few weeks in, it may not make that big of a difference on delivery. I wish i had done that when i tried to add Blind Spot Monitoring to my order back in June.
Me too, since then I have acquired all the BSM parts,good to go.

Apaschke82

Reaction score
Question for those that are getting FFP and ceramic coating put on your trucks…what areas do you have the FFP installed? I have one place saying bumper, hood, fenders, and underneath from cab to bed and another just bumper and underneath cab to bed. Thanks for any info.

Users who are viewing this thread